News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Buses Order 2017

Started by Jay, March 20, 2017, 05:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Can i ask what new buses coming to NXWM this year?

(i might have miss any post)
My The Force Be With You PN Garage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/train_nut/

winston

Nothing has been announced yet

GeminiFan1991

Older buses getting traps and being repainted would seem to suggest any deliveries may be due after May.

Personally, I'd quite like more Streetdecks and crimson E400MMCs (Without branding). I seen 6148 today and it looked immaculate and the livery suited it well. I'd also quite like some Gemini 3s but thats just me being optimistic. 

Of course we can all speculate but that's what it all will be until officially announced. 
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Mercedes1665

Platinum street decks would be excellent
Will miss 1515-1743, Volvo B6LE, Dennis darts, spectras and the Volvo B10s

karl724223

Jay

Quote from: Winston on March 20, 2017, 05:19:53 PM
Nothing has been announced yet

thanks for the info Winston Finger Cross it should be soon
My The Force Be With You PN Garage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/train_nut/

Stevo

Presumably there'll be 100 ish ADLs, E200s or E400s, as part of the deal. Perhaps a few more Streetdecks too.

karl724223

Any word on new buses order yet ?

BK63 YWP

Is NX going for the second half of the year for new buses? How many buses are left in the adl contract?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Trident 4194

Quote from: Chris on May 03, 2017, 07:06:53 PM
Is NX going for the second half of the year for new buses? How many buses are left in the adl contract?

Probably too many if you ask me.

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Maybe NX are waiting to see who the new mayor is & their policies before committing to new bus orders?

Stu

Quote from: Winston on May 03, 2017, 08:02:33 PM
Maybe NX are waiting to see who the new mayor is & their policies before committing to new bus orders?

I don't think NX will be too bothered what the new mayor thinks. NX are already committed to buying new buses to complete this deal with ADL. The mayor can just say that they 'promised' to get newer cleaner buses on the road, and take credit when NX buy new vehicles.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

Quote from: Stu on May 03, 2017, 08:47:08 PM
I don't think NX will be too bothered what the new mayor thinks. NX are already committed to buying new buses to complete this deal with ADL. The mayor can just say that they 'promised' to get newer cleaner buses on the road, and take credit when NX buy new vehicles.

It depends on whether this new mayor is in favour of bus franchising & intends to using their new powers.

markcf83

Winston-does that depend on who wins the said election?
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk