News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Flying Scotsman

Started by Stuharris 6360, September 18, 2016, 09:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

The Flying Scotsman is to be moved from Tyseley Steam to Kidderminster SVR tomorrow morning, leaving Tyseley around 10:30 and arriving Kidderminster at 11:30 approx.

A Western, i believe, is also to be moved from Bescot to Kidderminster SVR tomorrow arriving around 10:30.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

broma1k

Stuharris 6360

Getting reports that the scotsman has failed at Tyseley?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

Just had a message that The Scotsman is now moving tomorrow in the same timings as today!

WMT3000

Flying Scotsman passed Langley Green on time at 11 o'clock.

Stuharris 6360

Yes was at Lye station at 11:12 when it passed through, thought it would be quieter there although there were about a dozen people.

Was glad to catch sight of it and be able to take a pic, wasn't going to pay at the SVR just to take a look at it!

Roy

Having seen it described on Realtime Trains as "Diesel locomotive, trailing load 715 tonnes", it was a great surprise when it came round the bend and headed towards Stourbridge Junction under its own steam.  There were probably 30-40 people waiting at SBJ.

Kevin

Quote from: Roy on September 20, 2016, 05:03:44 PM
Having seen it described on Realtime Trains as "Diesel locomotive, trailing load 715 tonnes", it was a great surprise when it came round the bend and headed towards Stourbridge Junction under its own steam.  There were probably 30-40 people waiting at SBJ.

Side note.
Does RTT have a category for steam services?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on September 20, 2016, 07:10:59 PM
Side note.
Does RTT have a category for steam services?

It's not RTT, that just takes its data from Network Rail which doesn't seem to have a steam category as they are always listed as diesel.

Tiptonian

Please tell me it wasn't hauling 715 tonnes.  :o

Roy

There was an item on BBC Points West this week with amateur footage of Flying Scotsman stalling on the bank near Bishops Lydiard and having to be rescued by an ex-S&D 7F.  A spokesman then said that Flying Scotsman was designed for fast express services and not to pull trains up banks in Somerset.  He didn't add that the rescue locomotive was designed specifically for that purpose.

tank90

Quote from: Roy on September 15, 2017, 01:05:44 PM
There was an item on BBC Points West this week with amateur footage of Flying Scotsman stalling on the bank near Bishops Lydiard and having to be rescued by an ex-S&D 7F.  A spokesman then said that Flying Scotsman was designed for fast express services and not to pull trains up banks in Somerset.  He didn't add that the rescue locomotive was designed specifically for that purpose.

I'm sure it was 7820 Dinmore Manor that had to rescue Flying Scotsman.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk