News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Chase Bus

Started by Michael Bevan, August 25, 2016, 07:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam 404

The person seems to want brand new buses according to their facebook page, which is unsurprisingly out of their price range.

https://www.facebook.com/chasebus/photos/pb.1107171386006675.-2207520000.1472155831./1121583627898784/?type=3&theater

winston

That just confirms they haven't got a clue.... How many B8RLE's do the expect to buy with £70k?

Further down the thread it suggest they have possibly acquired 3 x B7L, I can only assume ex First as few operators bought them in quantity.

Adam 404

Quote from: Adam 404 on August 25, 2016, 09:11:03 PM
The person seems to want brand new buses according to their facebook page, which is unsurprisingly out of their price range.

https://www.facebook.com/chasebus/photos/pb.1107171386006675.-2207520000.1472155831./1121583627898784/?type=3&theater
There more recent post from August 16th says "We were possibly looking at a Scania Omnicity and either B7RLE's or Versa's"
and
"Unfortunately the eclipse 2 buses were too expensive for us to purchase outright, we would still like to get some though"

and August 12th
"Well we only needed a simple bus as a spare (Dennis Dart) we were looking at brand new buses for a while, then some Hybrid Versa's but we are currently in the process of purchasing a some of the recently bankrupt GHA Coaches buses"
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on August 25, 2016, 09:13:43 PM
That just confirms they haven't got a clue.... How many B8RLE's do the expect to buy with £70k?

Suppose PN still have some Mercs in the car park  :D :D :D :D
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

PM

Hope it works out. But! The start up loan will get them absolutely nowhere, they're a new start in an area where Arriva are pretty terrible, granted, but they're not competing against one established route. Far better to start with 1 bus on a 30 min town centre circular, something like that then build up.

Also it goes against any common sense to announce plans before you register them. It basically gives your competition a headstart before you've turned a wheel in service or even registered the service

wyre1947

Enthusiastic but very naive

andy41

I can't believe what can get into a local rag sometimes. Was the Editor on annual leave?

Speaking of which, 2 pages of posts and still no Bob?

the trainbasher

Quote from: andy41 on August 25, 2016, 10:39:30 PM
I can't believe what can get into a local rag sometimes. Was the Editor on annual leave?

Speaking of which, 2 pages of posts and still no Bob?

Noooooo.......don't curse us.......

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on August 25, 2016, 10:26:17 PM
Hope it works out. But! The start up loan will get them absolutely nowhere, they're a new start in an area where Arriva are pretty terrible, granted, but they're not competing against one established route. Far better to start with 1 bus on a 30 min town centre circular, something like that then build up.

Also it goes against any common sense to announce plans before you register them. It basically gives your competition a headstart before you've turned a wheel in service or even registered the service

Exactly, sounds like another KernowFox promising the earth & delivering nothing.

Is seems to be a Chase Enthusiast with lots of plans & ideas, but I'll be surprised if they ever come to frusison. They have already made some classic errors via Facebook & how many new start-ups do you see commence from day one with a new / nearly new fleet??? Even the big groups don't generally start new routes using their most expensive assets. They are also going to get stung for a high interest business loan compared to the current bank of England Base rate.

mikestone

Green Bus ran Cannock-Telford I seem to recall.

j_rp_wright

I cannot see the need for a cannock to Telford route. Yes Green bus ran a service I think it was weekly.

Sounds like the person is not familiar with the industry it's not as simple as just sticking brand new buses on to a new rural route...

Steveminor

Why are we still discussing this is mean rays hands is discussing the reliability of a cityfox bus that Phil could buy & Phil appears to be intrested commenting on how reliable that bus was for cityfox. "OF COURSE IT WOULDN'T OF BROKEN DOWN FOR CITYFOX AS THEY NEVER RAN IT CAUSE LIKE THIS THE COMPANIES ARE SIMPLY FICTIONAL"

woody38

Quote from: Steveminor on August 26, 2016, 05:05:22 AM
Why are we still discussing this is mean rays hands is discussing the reliability of a cityfox bus that Phil could buy & Phil appears to be intrested commenting on how reliable that bus was for cityfox. "OF COURSE IT WOULDN'T OF BROKEN DOWN FOR CITYFOX AS THEY NEVER RAN IT CAUSE LIKE THIS THE COMPANIES ARE SIMPLY FICTIONAL"
it could work, things have changed, all the local towns have become more run down since Green Bus was around, Wolves, Cannock, Stafford etc. It has to be advertised properly  for it to stand any chance, I do know a lot of people who do go to Telford, with Telford not being free to park anymore chase have said they want to charge resanable fares, but there has been a lot of failures lately, then again Select seem to be doing alright.

mikestone

Has anyone seen this SF08RRO - the photo in the link I posted has a reflection of a Wheelers bus in it, so possibly taken in their yard.?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk