News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Stagecoach Oxford

Started by Ashley 60171, August 16, 2016, 08:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley 60171

The first of Oxford's second batch of Enviro400 MMC's for Oxford have been reported elsewhere as emstarting to enter service. 10667/670/671 being noted.

12001-13 possibly more are destined for Manchester. Oxford plan to keep 5 for Hospital Park and Ride service 700.

15994-96 are destined for Cumbernauld.

A number of Solo's have moved to to Cumbria too.

Info from Stagecoach News Yahoo group.

P.s. Would it be worth putting a sticky thing on this?

Dylanbusboy45

Maybe edit the title from Stagecoach Oxford to Stagecoach Oxfordshire to include Banbury and Witney depots

Tony

My first '66' plate photo is a Stagecoach Oxford Enviro 400 MMC

http://wmbusphotos.com/Stagecoach/106aa.html
SN66 WHC

YN64AOG

Just re-done my website.  Check it out to see all my photos.  Updated almost every day!

D10

Service 500 due to be withdrawn from serving Chacombe and to instead stick to the main road. Unsurprisingly not got down well there as this is the only service to serve the village.

http://www.banburyguardian.co.uk/news/bus-company-says-axe-to-chacombe-route-is-an-improvement-1-7954117

Justin Tyme

Sounds like the perennial problem.

It's very bad news for Chacombe passengers, as the only alternative being offered is a service where every trip has to be booked in advance.

But if only a few people a day from Chacombe use the bus (which must be the case), removing the deviation round there will benefit the vast majority of passengers, and the chances of keeping them are improved.

mikestone

Stagecoach have registered the 6/7 between Banbury and Stratford from 24th July.

D10

2 cancellations from Banbury depot from September:

PH0005982/30
MIDLAND RED (SOUTH) LTD, HORSPATH ROAD, COWLEY, OXFORD,
OX4 2RY
Operating between Banbury and Hanwell Fields given service number B10 / B10
effective from 03 September 2017.

PH0005982/25
OX4 2RY
Operating between Banbury and Bodicote given service number B2 / B2 effective
from 03 September 2017.
PF1000671/80

YN64AOG

Quote from: D10 on July 23, 2017, 11:05:30 AM
2 cancellations from Banbury depot from September:

PH0005982/30
OX4 2RY
Operating between Banbury and Hanwell Fields given service number B10 / B10
effective from 03 September 2017.

PH0005982/25
OX4 2RY
Operating between Banbury and Bodicote given service number B2 / B2 effective
from 03 September 2017.
PF1000671/80

Where do you get this info from?

Just re-done my website.  Check it out to see all my photos.  Updated almost every day!

Justin Tyme

The cancellations are in last Friday's Western Traffic Area Notices and Proceedings.

I'm not amazed by the cancellation of the B2 and B10.  They were tendered services until Oxfordshire County Council ended all bus service tenders last year.  Stagecoach decided to try running these two services commercially.

Kevin

Banbury depot have had E200MMC 37401 repainted into heritage Midland Red livery, was a nice surprise on my commute to Oxford this morning. Given proximity to Gaydon I wouldn't be surprised if it appeared at the Buses Festival this weekend
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Kevin on August 16, 2019, 07:47:07 AM
Given proximity to Gaydon I wouldn't be surprised if it appeared at the Buses Festival this weekend

I am sure I have read somewhere that this is "the plan".  ;)

winston

Stagecoach are replacing the entire Oxford Tube fleet with 34 x Plaxton Panorama coaches, 5 of the 34 coaches will also be fitted with solar panels to deliver greater fuel efficiency.
https://www.stagecoach.com/media/news-releases/2020/2020-03-04.aspx

Kevin

May be of interest to some on here.

On Sunday the 16th of January Banbury will be running a farewell tour with Dart 34472 (hopefully!) to mark their retirement. We will be leaving from Banbury Bus Station at 10am and will be running 59A to Oxford, X4 to Abingdon, 32 to Wantage, X30 back to Oxford then 59B to Banbury. All proceeds will be going to Katharine House Hospice.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Coventrybususer95

All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk