News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Chiltern Railways

Started by 2206, August 21, 2015, 01:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real 4778

Quote from: Bob on May 20, 2017, 05:39:08 PM
That's a real shame. Better than a lot of new trains

Really?  By what measure, please enlighten us!
Don't you start.

Bob

Better legroom...Doors you can open yourself...opening windows..fresh air.....

The Real 4778

Quote from: Bob on June 03, 2017, 12:17:30 AM
Better legroom...Doors you can open yourself...opening windows..fresh air.....

I'll give you three of those - the doors one isn't accurate though.

Problem is that the old DMUs are far worse in so many other areas:

Crashworthiness for vehicle, crew and pax
Emissions
Section running times
Route restrictions
Maintenance cost
Availability of spare parts
Traincrew familiarity
Accessibility
Fire performance
Multiple working capability

Still the end of an era though, and that's poignant in its way.
Don't you start.

Tony

Quote from: The Real 4778 on June 05, 2017, 11:47:55 AM
I'll give you three of those - the doors one isn't accurate though.

Problem is that the old DMUs are far worse in so many other areas:

Crashworthiness for vehicle, crew and pax
Emissions
Section running times
Route restrictions
Maintenance cost
Availability of spare parts
Traincrew familiarity
Accessibility
Fire performance
Multiple working capability

Still the end of an era though, and that's poignant in its way.

Legroom isnt any better either, when I travelled on the last day, it was full and everyone's leg's had to alternate with the person's opposite. They're fine when not full, but actual legroom is probably less than modern airline style seats, and certainly worse than taht under a table on a 153 or 170

The Real 4778

Quote from: Tony on June 05, 2017, 11:52:59 AM
Legroom isnt any better either, when I travelled on the last day, it was full and everyone's leg's had to alternate with the person's opposite. They're fine when not full, but actual legroom is probably less than modern airline style seats, and certainly worse than taht under a table on a 153 or 170

LOL - yes I heard it was busy to say the least - I went about a month before the end to pay my respects, and there was a sizeable contingent of railwaymen enthusiasts aboard even then.
Don't you start.

V89MOA

Two class 47s working today's 9:34 Moor St to Marylebone.

Tony

Quote from: V89MOA on August 26, 2017, 09:13:33 AM
Two class 47s working today's 9:34 Moor St to Marylebone.

Should have been 47812 & 47813 (47848 is standby in case either fail), They are out all weekend providing extra capacity

V89MOA

Quote from: Tony on August 26, 2017, 09:43:20 AM
Should have been 47812 & 47813 (47848 is standby in case either fail), They are out all weekend providing extra capacity
Can confirm it was 812 & 813, surprising the amount of enthusiasts who were there already!

mikestone

Chiltern have published a track access application to turn most, if not all, the existing weekend ECS to and from Stourbridge into passenger services.

the trainbasher

Quote from: mikestone on September 05, 2017, 07:21:47 PM
Chiltern have published a track access application to turn most, if not all, the existing weekend ECS to and from Stourbridge into passenger services.

Yes!!! Means that I won't have to rely on changing at Birmingham to London Midland when coming back from London

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

BK63 YWP

The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Roy

Quote from: mikestone on September 05, 2017, 07:21:47 PM

As reported on this thread on 12 May, it is all the ECS workings.  It's one extra service from Kidderminster to Marylebone on Saturday mornings, with three back to Kidderminster on Saturday evenings.  There are two Sunday morning services from Kidderminster to Marylebone with three back to Kidderminster on Sunday evenings.  Times are available on the Open Train Times website, but it does mean a slightly earlier first service into Birmingham on Sunday mornings.   The additional services stop at Stourbridge Junction, Cradley Heath (class 168 only) and Rowley Regis only.

Sh4318

Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Dylanbusboy45

DVT 82302 is now carrying a Christmas themed vinyl wrap
See link below :
https://www.flickr.com/photos/128470593@N05/27059121069/in/datetaken-public/

Tony

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on December 04, 2017, 06:28:26 PM
Class 82 DVT 82302 is now carrying a Christmas themed vinyl wrap
See link below :
https://www.flickr.com/photos/128470593@N05/27059121069/in/datetaken-public/

A bit of pedantry, it is not a class 82. DVTs do not have class numbers, they are carriages.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk