News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Travel Express / Lets Go

Started by Badger, June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badger

Does anyone have any experience with Travel Express?

I'd go into a huge rant about them but chances are someone who works there comes here :)

Round here they're known as the "carpet bus" (because the floors, ceilings, walls, and backs of seats are all grey carpet).

Really is a historic fleet, whether that's good or bad. http://wmbusphotos.com/TravelExpress/fleetlist.html

Does mean the whole fleet will need replacing soon, bar the couple of dart SLFs.
My local's the 3 and 63.
Casual bus user. Doesn't know much other than some buses look nicer than others.
Contractual web developer, self employed game designer/programmer, Wolverhampton bjorn and bread.

PM

I remember them from a few years back on the Bristol Road Routes. I often used to catch them-the ex Zak's and Rossendale and Hansons darts-my favourites. Not forgetting H802 OPT I know the buses were old but as someone who likes the carlyle dartline body I enjoyed catching them as they were unusual and fast and in good condition. There were a couple of sheds such as that J232 JJR dodge/renault or whatever it was which was horrible. I remember getting it in the summer and getting off feeling extremely ill as it was really hot, the bus was full and all the windows had been screwed up. Other than that, fine. I cant speak for the Irn Bru liveried buses!! or the low floors...I know people will disagree and argue that they are cowboys but compared to my experience of Thandi companies on the Bristol Road-well lets not go there shall we!!

PM

I mean Thandi. Once there was vomit next to the driver's compartment, refusal to accept valid centro passes on services they are valid on, telling elderly people to hurry up when they clearly cant, refusal to stop, missing my stops several times, playing of loud music in the cab, smoking of cigarettes by drivers very regularly whilst in service. But I was always confused about what company it was. Because the buses were K5... ODY etc and J.... GCD so I dont know whether they were thandi or what they were. They werent travel express etc but these buses are now under the Evergreen Coaches name. Can anyone shed any light? But I was sure until a second ago that they were buses belonging to fleets associated with Thandi.

PM

http://simplybusphotos.com/gallery2/displayimage.php?album=1643&pid=47144#top_display_media

This was one of the buses apparently A line but the same one as in coventry cos I thought it was a different company associated with thandi.

PM

If you zoom into the picture this was the driver I was moaning about earlier. Without doubt, the worst bus driver I have ever had the misfortune of being driven by. I think he may have been foreign as he only ever used to shake his head and sometimes say noticke if the machine was broken-it usually was!!

SMK

I've jumped on their "Handyrider" Darts a couple of times on the old 501 in the morning due to NXWM's Spectra's being rammed full of college students/school children.
I think I paid 50p because I had a pass which was fine with me if it meant I could get to work on time, and actually be able to get on the bus there and then instead of the lottery that took place when a NXWM 501 pulled up.
For an older bus they were pretty damn nippy.
Made me smile when we overtook a fully-laden Spectra on the ring road  ;D
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

Tony

Quote from: Peter123 on June 07, 2012, 04:31:25 PM
http://simplybusphotos.com/gallery2/displayimage.php?album=1643&pid=47144#top_display_media

This was one of the buses apparently A line but the same one as in coventry cos I thought it was a different company associated with thandi.

That A Line had nothing to do with the Coventry one. Please be careful when posting things like this that are incorrect.

Tomjusttom

Quote from: Badger on June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

I'd go into a huge rant about them but chances are someone who works there comes here :)

Round here they're known as the "carpet bus" (because the floors, ceilings, walls, and backs of seats are all grey carpet).

Really is a historic fleet, whether that's good or bad. http://wmbusphotos.com/TravelExpress/fleetlist.html

Does mean the whole fleet will need replacing soon, bar the couple of dart SLFs.

I've not had any problems with Travel Express apart from a driver Of theirs assaulting me...reason being I took a picture of his ex ACL pointer. And the police did sod all!

MW

Quote from: Tomjusttom on June 07, 2012, 08:49:20 PM
Quote from: Badger on June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

I've not had any problems with Travel Express apart from a driver Of theirs assaulting me...reason being I took a picture of his ex ACL pointer. And the police did sod all!

Why would you want to take a picture of their clapped out fleet?

PM

Quote from: Tony on June 07, 2012, 06:48:04 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on June 07, 2012, 04:31:25 PM

That A Line had nothing to do with the Coventry one. Please be careful when posting things like this that are incorrect.

Believe me the mistake is not mine as on simply buses like the link I posted they were grouped together so therefore I made the logical assumption that photos of the same operator would be in the same group on simply buses. I assure you that I do not wish to offend operators unduly however if you looked at the simply buses page, I am sure you would see how easy the mistake is to make.

Can't say much for the buses but most the drivers are sound especially the drivers on the 1/501 whatever you want to call it these days . They had a great driver on the 11 once a youngish asian chap bald/shaven I think (he may work for Jog's 79E route now not sure) however there are a few individuals on the 11 who should not be on the road they are plain rude, unproffesional and dangerous.  You can watch their drivers arguing with NX drivers and passengers even, regularly! Just go to Wolves station sit by stand J and watch. You could make a soap on it  :D
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

mranon

i agree about the 11 drivers, theres 1 who is totally sound, but the rest play silly buggers etc, racing and cutting up to get the passengers. Its a shame as apart from the 1 chap, the 32/33 service regular drivers are brilliant. I see they have 2 low floor vehicles now, but this company could do with a uniform livery, and uniforming the drivers. Another problem is the use of foreign drivers, who don't speak english etc - how do they read running boards and road signs? Ive always wondered that one

Quote from: mranon on June 07, 2012, 10:05:18 PM
i agree about the 11 drivers, theres 1 who is totally sound, but the rest play silly buggers etc, racing and cutting up to get the passengers. Its a shame as apart from the 1 chap, the 32/33 service regular drivers are brilliant. I see they have 2 low floor vehicles now, but this company could do with a uniform livery, and uniforming the drivers. Another problem is the use of foreign drivers, who don't speak english etc - how do they read running boards and road signs? Ive always wondered that one

Obviosly they don't or dont need to. Make their own times up  :P
I do agree a uniform livery would make such a difference and add a status, a statement or belonging! Even Bangas are all uniform and painted.....er...better than they used to be!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Badger

I like the 32/33 drivers, unfortunately I'm quite leggy so these buses aren't very good for me. I also (commiting heresy, I know) dislike the dartline shape, and the fact the buses are branded in other companies' liveries (my sister thought ACL Travel and Handyrider were west mids bus companies.) One even says it goes to Oldmixon on the side, and for a while the SLF said Widnes Station, 36 on the electronic display.

@4006, Banga are actually looking quite shiny these days, they keep them pretty clean, unlike they used to. It'd be interesting to see how Travel Express would clean up, especially seeing these: http://wmbusphotos.com/joestravel/m810gft.html
My local's the 3 and 63.
Casual bus user. Doesn't know much other than some buses look nicer than others.
Contractual web developer, self employed game designer/programmer, Wolverhampton bjorn and bread.

SMK

Funny you mention the TE drivers on the 11.
Last week one of them tried undertaking the NXWM Spectra I was on after leaving the lights at the ring road on the way to the Cannock Road junction.
The NXWM driver responded by flooring the Spectra thus beating the TE Dart to the junction  ;D
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk