News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

General Metro Thread

Started by John, April 06, 2015, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uniquicity

Quote from: CL on September 06, 2017, 09:01:07 AM
Has the steps/lift at St. Chads (Snow Hill) officially opened? I went past it on the 16 yesterday, and it looks as though the construction fences have been removed. ???

Would make my journey to/from school much more efficient.

Looks it, only 9 months late...

MetroT69

When was the last time you saw Tram 26 ??
26 became derailed in the depot around June and has been out of service since :-X     

The first half of Tram 26 departed the metro depot  at 13.00.pm Wednesday 20-09-17 
and the second half departed at  1145.am on  Thursday 21-09-17  both sections have been taken to Wolverton works for repair .

Has you all now Tram 18  has left for Spain to have batteries fitted , well " Sparky "  returned last Friday at 0930.am
It was put Temporally put together and pushed into the new dept over the back of the metro depot .

The Arrival of Tram 18 "Sparky" from  Spain on Friday 22-09-17

GeminiFan1991

I rode the metro recently for the first time and I have to say, I have positive views. I got to City Centre from West Bromwich fairly quickly. I opted to pay the single fare despite possessing a bus pass as I needed to be somewhere fairly quickly. I was surprised to see just 1 conductor and I was wondering how he managed to keep track on who keeps coming in and out. Fair play, its a good service and times are good.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Stevo

Went to Wolverhampton - the new double-track points are in place where the extension turns off the St Georges line. Nearly all of the southbound track on Bilston Road is finished and much of the northbound track is laid, though a lot of it isn't yet concreted in. Should be finished in time for Christmas.

Westy

So is St Georges still being used as a terminus when its all finished with the extension to the railway station or not?

DJ

Quote from: Westy on October 24, 2017, 09:52:00 PM
So is St Georges still being used as a terminus when its all finished with the extension to the railway station or not?

I think the plan is to have trams alternate between St Georges and the train station as termini, although I don't see much point in that myself.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

mark114

Midland metro wish the work is nearly done point taken the Bilston Road is nearly finished the new cross over is in place sadly i believe they have to do the track on the wish bone bridge which as not yet being touched also by st georges tram stop but besides that it's nearly finished am not sure the two i have mentioned will be done

DJ

Quote from: mark114 on October 24, 2017, 11:00:15 PM
Midland metro wish the work is nearly done point taken the Bilston Road is nearly finished the new cross over is in place sadly i believe they have to do the track on the wish bone bridge which as not yet being touched also by st georges tram stop but besides that it's nearly finished am not sure the two i have mentioned will be done

I wonder if they'll have to block off the island temporarily, so that they can do where the tracks cross over the road? Could maybe be done overnight, but who knows.

Stevo

All of the track from The Royal to St Georges was renewed in the last closure, including that on the bridge, and St Georges was rebuilt from two platforms to one with simplified trackwork, so I dount that anything needs to be done now.

DJ

Quote from: Stevo on November 01, 2017, 09:42:44 AM
All of the track from The Royal to St Georges was renewed in the last closure, including that on the bridge, and St Georges was rebuilt from two platforms to one with simplified trackwork, so I dount that anything needs to be done now.

Oh yeah, forgot about that, I'm guessing the next closure will be Pipers Row then, since they've already added the tracks at the junction of Bilston Street.

karl724223

In tonight's express and star  the old metro trams are up for sale by tfwm and RBS

Walsall1955

Quote from: karl724223 on November 30, 2017, 03:09:53 PM
In tonight's express and star  the old metro trams are up for sale by tfwm and RBS

Here is a link to information about the auction:

http://email.intelligenttransport.com/q/17K8rDegTdyHnpmD0wDrwm/wv

This email has been sent by Intelligent Transport on behalf of the West Midlands Combined Authority

Dear David,

The West Midlands Combined Authority/Transport for West Midlands (WMCA) is delighted to announce an exciting one-time opportunity to own not only a piece of transport history, but also a fleet of 15 type T-69 light rail vehicles.

Originally purchased from Italian manufacturer Ansaldo Trasporti and in operation between 1998-2014, the former standard bearers of the Line One route between Wolverhampton and Birmingham city centres are currently in storage at Long Marston Airfield.

The e-Auction will take place on 29th January 2018 at 10am and will be hosted by BravoSolution.

The trams are currently owned by a subsidiary of The Royal Bank of Scotland plc (RBS). Each sale will be subject to satisfactory completion of any "know your customer" requirements which RBS may specify. Each winning bidder will be required to enter into a sale agreement in a form specified by RBS (which will be available on the BravoSolution e-Auction platform) and collect the trams from Long Marston Airfield within a specified time after the auction.

To register your interest in this unique opportunity, contact Chris Robinson, Metro Procurement Lead Officer, at: chris.robinson@wmca.org.uk  "

Stevo

Bilston Road is complete and will reopen to traffic on Saturday, with the tram service starting soon after testing on December 10.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Walsall1955 on November 30, 2017, 05:29:00 PM
Here is a link to information about the auction:

http://email.intelligenttransport.com/q/17K8rDegTdyHnpmD0wDrwm/wv

This email has been sent by Intelligent Transport on behalf of the West Midlands Combined Authority

Dear David,

The West Midlands Combined Authority/Transport for West Midlands (WMCA) is delighted to announce an exciting one-time opportunity to own not only a piece of transport history, but also a fleet of 15 type T-69 light rail vehicles.

Originally purchased from Italian manufacturer Ansaldo Trasporti and in operation between 1998-2014, the former standard bearers of the Line One route between Wolverhampton and Birmingham city centres are currently in storage at Long Marston Airfield.

The e-Auction will take place on 29th January 2018 at 10am and will be hosted by BravoSolution.

The trams are currently owned by a subsidiary of The Royal Bank of Scotland plc (RBS). Each sale will be subject to satisfactory completion of any "know your customer" requirements which RBS may specify. Each winning bidder will be required to enter into a sale agreement in a form specified by RBS (which will be available on the BravoSolution e-Auction platform) and collect the trams from Long Marston Airfield within a specified time after the auction.

To register your interest in this unique opportunity, contact Chris Robinson, Metro Procurement Lead Officer, at: chris.robinson@wmca.org.uk  "

To be honest, I would have thought it would have made more sense to operate the Brierley Hill extension with them to start with to see what customer numbers are likely to be, purchasing brand new trams for it doesn't seem to make sense?!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stevo

The T69s were never very reliable when maintained at Wednesbury. Having stood out of use for some time I'd have thought they're only good for scrap. Some of them haven't run for years, like 01 and 02. It would be good if WMCA would donate a complete one to Crich.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk