News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

General Metro Thread

Started by John, April 06, 2015, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Bevan

Engineering works between Snow Hill and Grand Central have resulted in trams terminating at Snow Hill over the weekend. I was interested to find trams were proceeding on the wrong side up to just after St. Paul's (where the next set of points are) even though there's a set of points at Snow Hill.

Michael Bevan

Currently problems with the overhead lines on the Metro due to power cuts resulting in services being delayed.

Gareth

Yesterday the electronic tram stop displays were informing passengers of a '10 tram service only'. Did this mean only 10 trams running the system or a 10min frequency? Would this have been to do with the overhead line problems mentioned above?

T840MAK

Quote from: Gareth on August 21, 2016, 12:43:10 PM
Yesterday the electronic tram stop displays were informing passengers of a '10 tram service only'. Did this mean only 10 trams running the system or a 10min frequency? Would this have been to do with the overhead line problems mentioned above?

10 tram service - 10 trams in service.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

Gareth

Quote from: T840MAK on August 21, 2016, 10:05:55 PM
10 tram service - 10 trams in service.

To a passenger that actually means absolutely nothing. A passenger wouldn't know if they have wait 5, 10, 15, 30 minutes for their tram.

T840MAK

Quote from: Gareth on August 21, 2016, 10:17:12 PM
To a passenger that actually means absolutely nothing. A passenger wouldn't know if they have wait 5, 10, 15, 30 minutes for their tram.

I know - thats why i think its stupid that they advertise how many trams are out in service - surely its easier to say "a 10 minute service is in operation" or similar.
Twitter @TomCousins60054

Solo1

Tram 20 just left Wolverhampton running to black lake only anyone  know why

T840MAK

Quote from: Solo1 on August 23, 2016, 03:25:20 PM
Tram 20 just left Wolverhampton running to black lake only anyone  know why

There were some tree branches balancing on the overheads at Trinity Way
Twitter @TomCousins60054

Gareth

20 is the first I've seen with new branding on the Windows. Advertising an up to 6min frequency and fares from £1.

Dom

Quote from: Gareth on August 31, 2016, 04:36:02 PM
20 is the first I've seen with new branding on the Windows. Advertising an up to 6min frequency and fares from £1.

Been on for a few weeks now, did mention it but don't think the post went up because I attached an image over the size and was on my way into work.

uniquicity

They've updated the St Paul's stop with the black signage a la the city centre stops. Interesting that the current Snow Hill stop is renamed to St Chad's on there. And quite rightly too.

Stevo

But they seem to be building a lift tower alongside the stop down into Gt Charles Street, which will give better access to Snow Hill station via the St Pauls entrance. It'll be quite a saintly tramway with three stops named after saints. I wonder if the Digbeth extension might carry on to St Andrews!

Solo1

Quote from: Gareth on August 31, 2016, 04:36:02 PM
see my flicr site for pic stanjack  its on the photo under midland metro

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stevo on September 24, 2016, 10:26:33 PM
But they seem to be building a lift tower alongside the stop down into Gt Charles Street, which will give better access to Snow Hill station via the St Pauls entrance. It'll be quite a saintly tramway with three stops named after saints. I wonder if the Digbeth extension might carry on to St Andrews!

Only if the St Pauls entrance is open during the whole of the station opening times!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

mikestone

I don't understand why it isn't open continously anyway, the barriers at the Colmore Row entrance seem to rarely be operative.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk