News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond bus reviews

Started by Trident 4194, March 19, 2015, 06:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan

Quote from: StourportSam on March 22, 2015, 05:16:46 PM
Cigarette burns are the fault of your fellow passengers, not Diamond!

I would disagree. As smoking is not allowed on a bus, if this is a problem Diamond are not following the regulations regarding smoking on their vehicles, although this could be down to drivers casting a blind eye. If the burns have occurred since the smoking ban was introduced, it is something the management need to resolve with the drivers to deal with the issue.

the trainbasher

20535...Sir Squeakalot.

More squeaks than a mouse this must be a contender for pest control. The urban90 seating makes for a luxurious rest if you're a midget and it has a massive attack of the slows. Only redeeming feature is its a dart and not a solo so I'd score it 3.7/10

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

20841...An ok solo?

Nice legroom and seats, bit jolty and Jerky. Needs more power in it as it was like a snail on one hill. Breaks are ok (A send you through the window type!). Some aspects could do better...

its ok but could be better
3.4/10

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

iamwilljh92

30878 - Wow!!! I've never been on a Diamond Bus that's so fast!!!! 😃😃😃😃 I was on it last week my mate was at the wheel driving it to Ludlow on the 2L going down into Hopton Wafers from Cleobury Mortimer I actually thought we was going to TAKE OFF!!! the power was incredible it'll do a whopping 62 mph down hill and 60 mph on the flat its currently the fastest bus at Kidderminster Depot just a shame that's it's a loan and not ours indefinitely

20855 - similar write up (as above) my mate was again driving this on the 2L a month or so ago and I have to say considering it was a Tividale cast off she certainly goes well down Angel Bank and on that flat

Trident 4194

Quote from: Will on March 24, 2015, 08:38:37 PM
On that basis you can have

30704; KX57 OVS
30801; WX58 FRU
30806; WX58 FRV

With pleasure 30806 was ours to start with anyway. Is it just me who thinks rh have the best fleet through the whole of diAmond

None of the above multiple waste of messages are Diamond Bus revues so have been deleted - as will this message when it has had chance to be read!

tank90

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 24, 2015, 08:41:35 PM
With pleasure 30806 was ours to start with anyway. Is it just me who thinks rh have the best fleet through the whole of diAmond

Yes as a regular user in Redditch. The Presidents are worn out the MPDs are on the same blink and aren't the right buses for the 55H or 56H 57 58 57A 58A, the VDLs can be a tad underpowered at times and a wee bit too small one some routes at some points during the day. The MANs are to say the least unquie they are the same as the VDLs apart from breaking down or covered in oil.

What's needed is money and investing into the fleet. To be honest the 10 plate E300s are good and more of the same would help. But moving buses around won't help and saying one depot has the best fleet and another doesn't isn't true. Collectively the whole fleet is ok but it needs properly looking at and investing in.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

the trainbasher

30002 - New Ear drums please...

just been on this Volvo and every time it breaked...it screamed in pain everytime the driver applied the anchors! Requires PPE!

6.3/10

Reece

Review: 30931
Route: X3

Yesterday I was on 30931 VX54MUO 'Mock the Week!' as I call it due its number plate. Anyway I was on it on the X3 between Redditch Bus Station and Kidderminster General Hospital with @Will it was SHOCKINGLY BAD! it needs a new gearbox IMMEDIATELY! it struggled to get up any sort of hill/bank. On one very steep hill leaving Redditch it was barely touching 12mph and we had queue of 20 cars behind us even the 143 stuck overtook us on the hill. Then we turned onto the Fearsome!! A38 Dual Carriageway this was particularly terrifying as we joined the A38 because we were crawling along at a slow speed. It took twice as long to do this section because of how long it took 30931 to climb through the gears to get up to some sort of good speed that was not exactly smooth neither and the engine sounded like an APOCALYPSE!!!!! :o :o

When we we're talking to the driver he told us that there was no mechanic at the Kidderminster depot on a Saturday so they could not sent a replacement vehicle. There was also no chance of a spare driver driving a bus up due to the current driver situation at the Kidderminster depot. On the hills on the Kidderminster ring road it was barely moving a Reliant Robin or Mobility Scooter could of easily overtook us!! I also wished the driver the best of luck getting it to Stourport! ::)

This is Officially the Worst Bus I Have Ever Been on in My Whole Life!!!!!

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Reece on March 29, 2015, 02:22:26 PM

Yesterday I was on 30931 VX54MUO 'Mock the Week!' as I call it due its number plate. Anyway I was on it on the X3 between Redditch Bus Station and Kidderminster General Hospital with @Will it was SHOCKINGLY BAD! it needs a new gearbox IMMEDIATELY! it struggled to get up any sort of hill/bank. On one very steep hill leaving Redditch it was barely touching 12mph and we had queue of 20 cars behind us even the 143 stuck overtook us on the hill. Then we turned onto the Fearsome!! A38 Dual Carriageway this was particularly terrifying as we joined the A38 because we were crawling along at a slow speed. It took twice as long to do this section because of how long it took 30931 to climb through the gears to get up to some sort of good speed that was not exactly smooth neither and the engine sounded like an APOCALYPSE!!!!! :o :o

When we we're talking to the driver he told us that there was no mechanic at the Kidderminster depot on a Saturday so they could not sent a replacement vehicle. There was also no chance of a spare driver driving a bus up due to the current driver situation at the Kidderminster depot. On the hills on the Kidderminster ring road it was barely moving a Reliant Robin or Mobility Scooter could of easily overtook us!! I also wished the driver the best of luck getting it to Stourport! ::)

Yeah I have to agree with the above it's a shame that those First Darts have gone to near enough rack & ruin :( I'm actually amazed @StourportSam hasn't commented yet as he got on MUO at the Town Hall and would of seen what myself and @Reece had to put up with from Redditch!

Cedric

Quote from: Will on March 24, 2015, 07:24:22 PM
30878 - Wow!!! I've never been on a Diamond Bus that's so fast!!!! 😃😃😃😃 I was on it last week my mate was at the wheel driving it to Ludlow on the 2L going down into Hopton Wafers from Cleobury Mortimer I actually thought we was going to TAKE OFF!!! the power was incredible it'll do a whopping 62 mph down hill and 60 mph on the flat its currently the fastest bus at Kidderminster Depot just a shame that's it's a loan and not ours indefinitely

20855 - similar write up (as above) my mate was again driving this on the 2L a month or so ago and I have to say considering it was a Tividale cast off she certainly goes well down Angel Bank and on that flat
Will
do not know if you realise that putting the bus was reaching those speeds  . you could get you mate in trouble for breaking speed limit if simon sees this as do not think services bus are supposed to go at that speed .
diamond 8\10/125/292

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Cedric on March 29, 2015, 03:15:11 PM
Will
do not know if you realise that putting the bus was reaching those speeds  . you could get you mate in trouble for breaking speed limit if simon sees this as do not think services bus are supposed to go at that speed .

ALL BUSES ARE LIMITED TO 62MPH!! If you don't believe me ask @Tony

Tony

Quote from: Cedric on March 29, 2015, 03:15:11 PM
Will

Buses (and coaches) are breaking the law travelling at anything over 50mph on a single carriageway, 60mph on a dual carriageway, or 62mph on a motorway

Cedric

Quote from: Reece on March 29, 2015, 02:22:26 PM

Reece
I was on one of the ex first darts Saturday 21/3/15  it was on the 2L service  and  it was  playing up a bit. the driver stopped  by the hospital  and rang the depot. I was only going to bewdley and the engine cut out there but by the time I had been in a shop the bus was pulling off and there was a engineers van at the back. the sort time it was. he must have come from Kidderminster .
diamond 8\10/125/292

Reece

Quote from: Cedric on March 29, 2015, 04:31:10 PM
Reece
I was on one of the ex first darts Saturday 21/3/15  it was on the 2L service  and  it was  playing up a bit. the driver stopped  by the hospital  and rang the depot. I was only going to bewdley and the engine cut out there but by the time I had been in a shop the bus was pulling off and there was a engineers van at the back. the sort time it was. he must have come from Kidderminster .

Cedric was the engineers van a 58 reg or 05 reg Ford Transit?

Cedric

Quote from: Reece on March 29, 2015, 04:45:53 PM
Cedric was the engineers van a 58 reg or 05 reg Ford Transit?
was a transit type did not see the reg as it was  hidden by a car 
diamond 8\10/125/292

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk