News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: NXDom on March 07, 2015, 10:29:15 PM
Quote from: Tony on March 07, 2015, 10:25:33 PM
Quote from: The Real 4778 on March 07, 2015, 10:19:43 PM
Quote from: RW on March 07, 2015, 10:11:50 PM
Oh dear the vinyl vandals have been at it again. Classy new livery and look what they do to it.

Completely agree.

You get a stylish livery at long last, and then mash completely random shapes and Wacky Warehouse kiddy colours all over it. 

NX marketing team should be sacked for approving it, and the branding expert who came up with it really should give up smoking crack.

The person who designed that branding, and the previous ones, was stood next to me while I was watching it being applied. He says he quite enjoys the comments on here, including the negative ones!

Honestly I think some comments are so unfair some of the comments as it isn't actually that bad plus the fact if you think it is poor then I challenge you to come up with a branding that a majority of people like.

Easy, no branding.

And no rear advert, drivers tend to spend more time reading them and forget to brake, and then another rta!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

The Real 4778

Quote from: Andrew on March 07, 2015, 10:25:04 PM
Oh dear the vinyl vandals have been at it again. Classy new livery and look what they do to it.

Completely agree.

You get a stylish livery at long last, and then mash completely random shapes and Wacky Warehouse kiddy colours all over it. 

NX marketing team should be sacked for approving it, and the branding expert who came up with it really should give up smoking crack.

The fact is, the branding is already doing its job. You may not like it but you've certainly noticed it and the fact it sticks out so much will definitely allow intendingpassengers know where the bus is going.

I've noticed it.  And having noticed it I shall avoid the 9 route so I don't have to see it in the plastic.  When it comes to Sutton as it inevitably will I'll stick to the Sapphires (with their sympathetic branding), the trains and the comfort of my nice big Rovers.
Don't you start.

domino.99

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 07, 2015, 10:31:52 PM

Completely agree.

The person who designed that branding, and the previous ones, was stood next to me while I was watching it being applied. He says he quite enjoys the comments on here, including the negative ones!

Honestly I think some comments are so unfair some of the comments as it isn't actually that bad plus the fact if you think it is poor then I challenge you to come up with a branding that a majority of people like.

Easy, no branding.

And no rear advert, drivers tend to spend more time reading them and forget to brake, and then another rta!

Thing is from a business pov it works as it attracts customers and advertises routes and tickets at the same time.

The Real 4778

Completely agree.

Fair enough:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:87012_the_olympian.JPG
Don't you start.

Russ Smith

Sorry to say that I'm really disappointed in the branding on this, what a waste. NX's chance to completely reinvent its image and it looks like something straight out of 2003. Also 'every 7 minutes along the Hagley road' - bit stupid, it's certainly more frequent than that! (Well, if you include the other services, as previous 'every...along...' branding has)

Liberator9

I think some need to realise how far NX have come since 2010 in terms of image and livery - people constantly moan over wanting a new livery in comparison to the basic red and white - we get a new livery and then some decide to have a go about that. This is far cry from the old basic green NX branding on the Tridents etc. These buses look a step up from those before and represents some a serious attempt by NX to increase bus patronage across the Midlands.

Mike K

Quote from: Andrew on March 07, 2015, 10:25:04 PM

Completely agree.

The fact is, the branding is already doing its job. You may not like it but you've certainly noticed it and the fact it sticks out so much will definitely allow intendingpassengers know where the bus is going.

Having a pair of giant knockers on the front of the bus would have the same effect but that doesn't mean it's appropriate. Such a good looking bus with a top end livery - surely a more sympathetic expensive looking branding was achievable. Tasteful branding is possible. Take Brighton & Hove for example.

The Real 4778

Quote from: Liberator9 on March 07, 2015, 10:39:26 PM
I think some need to realise how far NX have come since 2010 in terms of image and livery - people constantly moan over wanting a new livery in comparison to the basic red and white - we get a new livery and then some decide to have a go about that. This is far cry from the old basic green NX branding on the Tridents etc. These buses look a step up from those before and represents some a serious attempt by NX to increase bus patronage across the Midlands.

The new livery is lovely.  It has presence and maturity that the cheerless and impractical Freightliner container livery utterly lacks.

However, it's difficult to conceive of a less sympathetic, more clashing route branding.  I mean, a green neon floaty lava lamp balloon around the destination display.
Don't you start.

The Real 4778

Quote from: Mike K on March 07, 2015, 10:41:35 PM

Having a pair of giant knockers on the front of the bus would have the same effect but that doesn't mean it's appropriate. Such a good looking bus with a top end livery - surely a more sympathetic expensive looking branding was achievable. Tasteful branding is possible. Take Brighton & Hove for example.

Mike, the new branding definitely has its knockers.  You and I are a pair of them.
Don't you start.

arrifirststage

Completely agree.

Alas,all so boringly predictable.......hideous as it is,at least branding partly hid the unimaginative old colours (can't be dignified with the word livery) but this new livery is very attractive.
Vandalising it with anything would be sad,but with this rubbish it is criminal.......any yobs with a spray can could do a better job,and to describe the branding as "designed" really does stretch credibility to the limit.
Cannot these PR and marketing wonks be found anything better to do?
Words like dignified or proud are beyond the vocabulary of these people.
I cannot believe I am saying this,but at least TrentBarton branding looks professional.
Management will doubtless console themselves with the belief that it will increase patronage,if this is so then the public are even more gullible than I would suppose.
Afraid we must suffer it unless.............please Sir Brian can you increase your offer?

Kevin

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on March 07, 2015, 11:44:40 PM
By this time next week we'll be at page 1000

I'll bet on there being a right spotter line up at Stourbridge.......kids

And it won't be kids filling up the thread either. It'll be older people moaning about the branding... Seriously we get the idea you don't like it when they brand buses but for the love of God I've just gone through 5 pages of drivel... Just accept it NX are going to brand their buses and let's get back onto the subject of the garage itself and it's happenings
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

CL

Quote from: The Real 4778 on March 07, 2015, 10:45:20 PM
Quote from: Liberator9 on March 07, 2015, 10:39:26 PM

The new livery is lovely.  It has presence and maturity that the cheerless and impractical Freightliner container livery utterly lacks.

However, it's difficult to conceive of a less sympathetic, more clashing route branding.  I mean, a green neon floaty lava lamp balloon around the destination display.
@The Real 4778 - My point exactly! - though, I don't know about you, but if CMNL ever produces the MMCs, whether branded or not, count me in.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

The Real 4778

Quote from: Kevin on March 08, 2015, 10:06:33 AM
Quote from: Ashley 60171 on March 07, 2015, 11:44:40 PM
By this time next week we'll be at page 1000

I'll bet on there being a right spotter line up at Stourbridge.......kids

And it won't be kids filling up the thread either. It'll be older people moaning about the branding... Seriously we get the idea you don't like it when they brand buses but for the love of God I've just gone through 5 pages of drivel... Just accept it NX are going to brand their buses and let's get back onto the subject of the garage itself and it's happenings

Yes those ruddy older people and their drivel.

What's on the 289 today?
Don't you start.

Roy

Could I suggest that a new thread called "Enviro 400 MMC" is set up to record new deliveries / branding etc for new buses at all garages, which would then free up the garage threads for more mundane matters.

Mike K

Quote from: Kevin on March 08, 2015, 10:30:09 AM
Quote from: karl724223 on March 08, 2015, 10:10:29 AM
Only five pages of drivel

That was since I last checked the forum  ;)

Let's face it a brand new vehicle type, a brand new livery and a new style of route branding are bound to provoke comment and debate.

The drivel in this thread comes from a running commentary of how many Tridents are on the 9 each day, a daily essay on the goings on on the 243/244, plus 100 or so pages on a bunch of 14 year old Tridents being transferred from BC.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk