News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

TGB have been doing quite well on the 50. I was waiting for a NX 50 after college and saw a Metrobus with a good 35-40 people on board, like you'd see on a daytime NX 50.

It was a peak journey I saw, but I didn't think they were that successful on the 50.

Mike360

From what I've seen on the 50a and 64 routes the Green Bus isn't that busy with mainly OAP's using it and on my local 64 route the upper deck is usually empty but I have seen the bus pretty full downstairs on occasions and it's mainly used by people travelling to the QE Hospital. I do like the company with their low price fares and their range of buses that they have which are done up well.

MW

Quote from: Mike360 on May 29, 2012, 09:40:19 PM
From what I've seen on the 50a and 64 routes the Green Bus isn't that busy with mainly OAP's using it and on my local 64 route the upper deck is usually empty but I have seen the bus pretty full downstairs on occasions and it's mainly used by people travelling to the QE Hospital. I do like the company with their low price fares and their range of buses that they have which are done up well.

I did take a side picture of the bus showing the amount of people, and they weren't all OAPs, but it's on my iPod and I can't be bothered to upload it.

Most on the Green 558 in Wolves are OAP users but I'd rather pay £1 and enjoy a smoke,drug and chav free ride...even better if its an old Metro!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Quote from: 4006 on May 29, 2012, 09:48:50 PM
......even better if its an old Metro!

Couldn't agree more. Would take a metrobus over any other vehicle.

PM

i was lucky enough to get a metro on the 64 today former a former f.... xof one and it was fantastic apart from theyd done a shoddy job of trying to remaint the floor. Tho good wm seats and even original front opening windows and this week this has been the coolest bus ride by far. the 64 is actually quite well used and I also got a ex london and country volvo citybus which was definitely showing its age a lot more than the metrobus. god these buses are ugly with the drooping front and they dont seem anywhere near as modern as a metrobus

Mike360

I caught the 64 today and the two buses that I caught were busy and nearly full downstairs so this route is a lot more popular now than when it first started out, with young and old people on it and the buses going in the opposite direction had a fair few passengers. I do love the metrobuses and it's great to see what bus turns up as today I caught Plaxton President 101 and their bus that can be converted to an open top bus 365. The £1.00 all distance fare obviously makes it popular and the fact that the 64 is the only bus direct to and from Northfield and QE Hospital. 

PM

I also was on the 64 today but it was a volvo citybus today and a metrobus on wednesday. I agree they do get quite busy and their fleet is quirky and interesting and worth samplings. Id be keen to go on the dennis lance verdes as i remember them on the diamond 64-great buses-which route are they now usually found on?

MW

Quote from: Peter123 on June 01, 2012, 09:14:58 PM
I also was on the 64 today but it was a volvo citybus today and a metrobus on wednesday. I agree they do get quite busy and their fleet is quirky and interesting and worth samplings. Id be keen to go on the dennis lance verdes as i remember them on the diamond 64-great buses-which route are they now usually found on?

They were on the 50A, but have now vanished. Two NK51 Tridents seem to have replaced them along with another Trident.

PM

Oh right.. I wonder where they have gone hopefully not to be scrapped :(

Mike360

For the people who use Green Bus, I wonder what is your favourite and worst bus of their fleet?
My favourite and probably a lot of peoples is the Metrobus as its great to still be able to travel on these and Green Bus Company have done them up really well and the interior looks good and I love the noise they make. My least favourite bus has to be the Volvo D10M as these look awful from the outside, really old and the height in them is terrible.

PM

i like the metros and the volvos are pretty crap. ugly, squeaky, I can nowhere near stand up upstairs and the one I went on made dreadful noises when changing up the gearbox.

MW

I really like the PO51 Presidents that they've done up to look very smart. All The Green Bus fleet looks smart, but I'm looking forward to the disposal of the Volvo B10M East Lancs and the Plaxton Verdes. I haven't yet gone on 452, the Northern Counties Dennis Lance.

I would like to see some Volvo B7TL's with The Green Bus, as replacements for the Olympians. The Olympians seem to have plenty of life left and do look very good though.

Some B7TL's on an Alexander chassis, and a Plaxton chassis would be nice. I think some early Wright Eclipse Geminis would be nice, though they cost slightly more as they would be 52 plates.

PM

The Olympians look nice-tho it will be sad to see the verdes go as I have a lot of memories of these buses... And by the way-geminis would not have to be 52 plate onwards: http://www.flickr.com/photos/34017324@N08/6009101416/

lgr

Just to change the topic slightly, is this the reason why the X62 is becoming the 98/99 or whatever? So NXWM can provide a direct link from Northfield - QE and compete with TGB's 64? I've never seen it that full myself, but it's interesting to see that they might finally be taking them seriously as a competitor...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk