News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Bring back the old 44 service... Handy local links lost when that went...

Put 27 back onto Pamela Road, South Road line of route

lynx1103

Quote from: clayderman on December 28, 2014, 04:02:52 PM
What if there was an X33 - like there is with the X51. Have the X33 not serve some stops like Perry Barr, like the X51 does. And also, like the X51, have some journeys extended. Maybe to Queslett ASDA, or Great Barr?

Been tried before around 2008 as service 994 off peak linking

Streetly hardwick Arms-Kingstanding-Warren Farm-UCE-Birmingham

JB93

We need a proper express service to Chelmsley Wood to make a comeback! The 97 is supposed to be the quickest route from the City Centre to Chelmsley Wood and it takes me close to - if not more than - an hour sometimes to travel into the city. If there was a much quicker alternative straight from the City to Chelmsley then people could connect onto other services at Chelmsley Wood to other parts of East Brum, but it would still be much quicker than having to sit on a 97.

It could go down the Nechells Parkway with the Washwood Heath services, turn onto the Heartlands Parkway before Saltley Viaduct, come off that onto Bromford Lane and then the Fort Parkway, stop at the Fort (also providing a direct NXWM link from Birmingham to The Fort), then right onto the A452, then onto the Collector Road direct into Chelmsley.

There could even be another service that has more stops in between to run alongside it - it could use the Heartlands Parkway and then turn right onto Bromford Lane, following the 11 route to the Fox & Goose, with a stop by the old Bromford pub to have an express connection to Bromford. Then another stop at the Fox & Goose where it would turn left and follow the 70/94 route to the Clock Garage roundabout, turn left down Newport Road and join the Collector Road into Chelmsley. Or, because of traffic issues, it could stay on the Bradford Road with the 94 and then just carry on straight down the Chester Road into Chelmsley, not stopping though except maybe a stop for the Timberley shops and for Kingshurst.

Westy

Has there ever been a TWM or NX route between Brum City Centre & The Fort?

Never known one.

The only way I've got to The Fort in the past is the 966 from Erdington.

(Wasn't the 11 diverted there at one point?)

JB93

Quote from: Westy on February 11, 2015, 11:05:53 PM

Never known one.

Not too sure if the old TWM express routes to Chelmsley made a stop at the Fort. If not, then no I don't think there has been from what I can remember anyway. And yeah the 11 used to go down there and stop at the shelters by the roundabout before turning round back up to Bromford Lane. the 68A/C used to go in there too.

Tony

Quote from: JB93 on February 11, 2015, 11:15:30 PM
Quote from: Westy on February 11, 2015, 11:05:53 PM

Never known one.

Not too sure if the old TWM express routes to Chelmsley made a stop at the Fort. If not, then no I don't think there has been from what I can remember anyway. And yeah the 11 used to go down there and stop at the shelters by the roundabout before turning round back up to Bromford Lane. the 68A/C used to go in there too.

Yes, 993/994 served the Fort for a time

Tony

Quote from: JB93 on February 11, 2015, 10:54:43 PM
We need a proper express service to Chelmsley Wood to make a comeback! The 97 is supposed to be the quickest route from the City Centre to Chelmsley Wood and it takes me close to - if not more than - an hour sometimes to travel into the city. If there was a much quicker alternative straight from the City to Chelmsley then people could connect onto other services at Chelmsley Wood to other parts of East Brum, but it would still be much quicker than having to sit on a 97.

It could go down the Nechells Parkway with the Washwood Heath services, turn onto the Heartlands Parkway before Saltley Viaduct, come off that onto Bromford Lane and then the Fort Parkway, stop at the Fort (also providing a direct NXWM link from Birmingham to The Fort), then right onto the A452, then onto the Collector Road direct into Chelmsley.

There could even be another service that has more stops in between to run alongside it - it could use the Heartlands Parkway and then turn right onto Bromford Lane, following the 11 route to the Fox & Goose, with a stop by the old Bromford pub to have an express connection to Bromford. Then another stop at the Fox & Goose where it would turn left and follow the 70/94 route to the Clock Garage roundabout, turn left down Newport Road and join the Collector Road into Chelmsley. Or, because of traffic issues, it could stay on the Bradford Road with the 94 and then just carry on straight down the Chester Road into Chelmsley, not stopping though except maybe a stop for the Timberley shops and for Kingshurst.

The 14 is usually quicker between Chelmsley Wood town centre and Birmingham City Centre than the 97

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Tony on February 12, 2015, 10:31:30 AM
Quote from: JB93 on February 11, 2015, 10:54:43 PM

The 14 is usually quicker between Chelmsley Wood town centre and Birmingham City Centre than the 97

With the current hold ups at the heartlands/ bromford lane at rush hour and pending jct 5 closure that route would not work for sometime. I don't ever remember the 993/994 serving the fort, must have been between 2000-2005 must have not lasted a long time

The Fox 4846

33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Westy

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on February 12, 2015, 09:42:40 PM
I think the 934/5/5A/6 should transfer to Perry Barr

If PB lose enough routes, then that should happen, but they havent got the capacity.

(Im assuming if PB did have the capacity, we wouldnt have the current version of the routes? Part of the 934 replaced a Centro subsidy ISTR!)

The Fox 4846

Kevin

Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Dutsey

Two new services I would think of adding would be:

114 - Sutton Coldfield to Castle Vale via Good Hope, Walmley, Pype Hays and Bagots Arm

76 - Sutton Coldfield to West Bromwich via Perry Common, Perry Barr BCU, Perry Barr to Handsworth - giving a direct link to BCU from West Brom.

The Fox 4846

I'd transfer the 70 to AG

So which route would you move out of Acocks Green to make space, and where would you have the relief point? Because of the length of the 70 relief points at either end are extremely awkward, hence why BC drivers change at the Mackadown.

the trainbasher

I'd tack the Wrens Nest loop onto the 205 so the X96 would run Dudley - Wollaston Farm. That would give the X96 adequate recovery time at Dudley to allow for (the quite common) delays

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk