News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

First Bus - Wyvern

Started by nitromatt1, June 05, 2014, 08:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

Has 144 changed it route as i saw a 144 on moor st queensway &then
Go up & loop by old square unless somethink has happened on  smallnrook  queensway

j789

Quote from: Solo1 on December 07, 2017, 08:23:12 PM
Has 144 changed it route as i saw a 144 on moor st queensway &then
Go up & loop by old square unless somethink has happened on  smallnrook  queensway

No change. Unfortunately, a lot of idiots (mostly taxis) park in the turning point on Smallbrook Queensway making it difficult to turn round. Some buses will just carry on and turn at Moor Street instead to save the hassle of blocking everything up. I have been stuck there before due to a badly parked police car of all things!

mark114

Hello could anyone tell me please the 2 vehicles at Worcester 53124/207 are these vehicles on loan or are here permanent info would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Mark

j789

Quote from: mark114 on February 17, 2018, 01:08:06 PM
Hello could anyone tell me please the 2 vehicles at Worcester 53124/207 are these vehicles on loan or are here permanent info would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Mark

If these are Solos that I think you are referring too, then one is to become a spare for the seat belted Solo on Herefordshire contracts and the other is to donate its engine to the first one and then be scrapped. I'm not sure which bus is the one to be refurbished though.

Apparently, Worcester may be receiving some Mercedes Citaros for the 35 route, just gossip at the moment but those in 'the know' hint things may happen in this direction.

mark114

Thank you so much for your post and info J789 yes the ones in question are solos and yes i heard that rumour as well regarding route 35 well if they will do the same as route 144 could be interesting again thank you for your post which is greatly appreciated

DVXXII

Quote from: j789 on February 17, 2018, 02:20:28 PM
If these are Solos that I think you are referring too, then one is to become a spare for the seat belted Solo on Herefordshire contracts and the other is to donate its engine to the first one and then be scrapped. I'm not sure which bus is the one to be refurbished though.

Apparently, Worcester may be receiving some Mercedes Citaros for the 35 route, just gossip at the moment but those in 'the know' hint things may happen in this direction.

Both are from Potteries. 53124 will be donating it's engine to 53207. The latter is a 2007 ex viola. The majority of sister vehicles to 53124 (ex first Essex 2002 reg) have been either scrapped or sold by first in the last 18 months or so

mark114

Thank you so much for you post and info DVXXII on vehicles 53124/207 info greatly appreciated

markcf83

Quote from: j789 on February 17, 2018, 02:20:28 PM

Apparently Slough have had a drastic cut in services operated,and they have plenty of Citaros based there-mostly 07reg or newer.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

mark114

Let's hope then markcf83 there might be Worcester bound

mikestone

Have any 144 buses got full branding yet - or have HQ vetoed any further spending on the scheme?

mark114

Hello milestone am not sure regarding your question what I have been told that the current 144 colour's there will be 20 of them in total

PM

Quote from: mikestone on February 18, 2018, 11:57:54 AM
Have any 144 buses got full branding yet - or have HQ vetoed any further spending on the scheme?

Isn't the idea to wait until all of the batch have arrived/been liveried then brand them all?

mark114

Hello PM yes I would of thought that would be the idea

j789

Quote from: mark114 on February 18, 2018, 12:15:31 PM
Hello milestone am not sure regarding your question what I have been told that the current 144 colour's there will be 20 of them in total

I believe there are only 13 Volvos due for the 144/A as that is the pvr for the route. When all have arrived they will be branded. A artist impression of the finished livery was in the drivers restroom at crowngate and it will certainly stand out.

mark114

Hello J789 yes that's the info I have I believe some are already in service on that route 69435/436/449/450/451/452/453/454/455 the latter I don't it as entered service yet

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk