News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond East Midlands (formerly Midland Classic)

Started by bahumbug, May 14, 2012, 08:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: Tony on March 31, 2013, 07:28:10 PM
One of the recent Scanias has previous history in the area, see bottom photo on this page
http://wmbusphotos.com/MidlandClassic/88.html

Never knew Dunn-line used to come to Birmingham. Where did the X1 come from?

Tony

Quote from: John on April 07, 2013, 05:00:48 PM
Quote from: Tony on March 31, 2013, 07:28:10 PM
One of the recent Scanias has previous history in the area, see bottom photo on this page
http://wmbusphotos.com/MidlandClassic/88.html

Never knew Dunn-line used to come to Birmingham. Where did the X1 come from?

City Centre to Star City

nx4737

Quote from: Winston on April 07, 2013, 04:54:50 PM
Quote from: arrivaaston on April 07, 2013, 04:53:41 PM
Why did they get rid of the 57/08 plate volvos?

To standardize the the fleet on the Scania/Wright combination

That and because they're Volvo, so unreliable.

Tony

Quote from: nx4737 on April 07, 2013, 06:49:45 PM

Give me a Volvo over a Scania anyday

John

Midland Classic are extending the X12 one an hour from Lichfield to Sutton from 29th April.

PM

Seems like the lichfield to sutton corridor will be very well covered now-is it even well used??

John

Quote from: Peter123 on April 18, 2013, 03:30:59 PM
Seems like the lichfield to sutton corridor will be very well covered now-is it even well used??

The 112 when I have done it in the daytime has been quite empty, not sure about peak times.

The X12 may be better for people who might want to go to Sutton From Burton, who would have to change in Lichfield otherwise.

The Central Buses new route 92 may go a different route from the 112/X12, so more people might use this as well

PM

Quote from: John on April 18, 2013, 03:45:03 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on April 18, 2013, 03:30:59 PM

The 112 when I have done it in the daytime has been quite empty, not sure about peak times.

The X12 may be better for people who might want to go to Sutton From Burton, who would have to change in Lichfield otherwise.

The Central Buses new route 92 may go a different route from the 112/X12, so more people might use this as well

I've been on the 112 when its always been empty as well-surely people would just use the train from lichfield to brum or sutton

Solo1

with 3 firms set to be on the sutton-Lichfield lets hope they make it a bus every 20 Min's from either end this way it will be better for the public & give the train more competition

vinh1000

be nice to see a new operator in WM
bored of Arriva lol so Midland classic xD
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

mranon

Quote from: Tony on April 07, 2013, 06:54:44 PM
Quote from: nx4737 on April 07, 2013, 06:49:45 PM

Give me a Volvo over a Scania anyday

here here especially coach wise. a well maintained b10m would always win hands down

Smethwickian

The remaining section of Arriva 112 between Lichfield and Sutton is being reduced in frequency from Monday, so there probably won't be three buses an hour on that stretch.

However, I cannot find details anywhere for the new Central Buses 92 or Midland Classic X12 and emails to both companies have as yet gone unanswered.

Can companies really expect passengers to use buses with no publicity or information? How long do they expect these routes to last?

gac_uk

Quote from: Smethwickian on April 26, 2013, 09:45:38 AM
The remaining section of Arriva 112 between Lichfield and Sutton is being reduced in frequency from Monday, so there probably won't be three buses an hour on that stretch.

However, I cannot find details anywhere for the new Central Buses 92 or Midland Classic X12 and emails to both companies have as yet gone unanswered.

Can companies really expect passengers to use buses with no publicity or information? How long do they expect these routes to last?

With regards to the 92, this isn't due to start on the 28th April (Staffordshire's publicity is incorrect) hence why there is no publicity or information yet

Bob

The reduced frequency 112 wont last long itll be axed like before, has it been reduced to roughly 2hourly to allow for breakdowns? What with it being operated from Wednesfield and all that? Lol

notepanel

I admit it's been close to two years now since I used to be in Sutton daily, however whenver I saw the 112 then it always had a fairly healthy load on the section heading into and out of Sutton from Lichfield/Burton. Between Birmingham & Sutton it was always pretty much empty. I always used to think at the time they should terminate it in Sutton and perhaps use the spare buses to increase the frequency. I appreciate it was mostly OAPs on board, but I believe there is capacity for Midland Classic & Central to operate between the two locations and potentially survive, especially with the 112s reduced frequency.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk