News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Coventry & Warwickshire

Started by Valandil, April 04, 2014, 11:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valandil

The X16 has now been acknowledged on the Network West Midlands site:
http://tinyurl.com/n8j5m9c

:D

Yup. I saw X16 on RTI board and on my phone using Network WM app yesterday but the 16 still appears on the board, I'm sure they'll remove it soon.
Quote from: Matt.N0056 on May 10, 2014, 11:07:35 PM
Quote from: :D on May 10, 2014, 03:10:07 PM
Quote from: Valandil on May 09, 2014, 08:10:05 PM
Quote from: :D on May 08, 2014, 09:36:55 PMBut it was updated, all of physical timetable in bus shelters are dated from 27th April which are latest and Network West Midlands website lists the 16 as having a current timetable and according to them, X16 doesn't exist.

It looks like it's either Stagecoach hasn't informed them of changes or they did but Network WM has screwed it up.

I think you're right that something is going on here.
On most of the X16's route in the east of Coventry, flags now read 'Not in Use'.
Perhaps Centro has deemed that deckers (required for at least some of the X16's journeys) are unsuitable for use on these roads, and is looking for an alternative solution.

I am sure that Centro will have known about the X16, as I doubt they would have gone along with the cancellation of the 27 with no replacement.

Do you happen to know whether the 16 on the timetables from 27th April uses the times at which the old 16 ran from the stops (including journeys to Kenilworth only), or the times which the present X16 uses?
They seem to use current X16 timetable only.

Are those 'not in use' bus flags used to be served by the 27?

If so, I think this is probably a huge mistake caused by Centro (likely). http://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/information/service-changes/service-changes-from-27th-april shows NXWM knew the 27 was going to be transferred to other operator. Obviously Stagecoach knows about this as they're operating the route. http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/bus/servicechanges/ServiceChangesPages/27April2014.aspx shows that Centro did not know that the X16 was taking over the 27. Presumably to Centro, the route's probably still out for a tender or they knew but it's not in the system yet.

That second link does say about the X16 replacing the 27
Oops, I didn't scroll that far down.

Valandil

Quote from: :D on May 13, 2014, 11:47:03 AM
Yup. I saw X16 on RTI board and on my phone using Network WM app yesterday but the 16 still appears on the board, I'm sure they'll remove it soon.

I happened to notice that the X16 is given on the timetables at the bus stop on Warwick Road by Coventry Railway Station, and 'X16' is also on the flag there (rather than just '16').

Quote from: Valandil on May 13, 2014, 12:16:41 PM
Quote from: :D on May 13, 2014, 11:47:03 AM

I happened to notice that the X16 is given on the timetables at the bus stop on Warwick Road by Coventry Railway Station, and 'X16' is also on the flag there (rather than just '16').
I've also noticed that few days ago. The 16 still appears in RTI and it still appears in Network WM website timetable. I'm sure it'll be removed soon. Did Stagecoach issue cancellation of the 16?

Valandil

Quote from: :D on May 16, 2014, 10:59:30 AMI've also noticed that few days ago. The 16 still appears in RTI and it still appears in Network WM website timetable. I'm sure it'll be removed soon. Did Stagecoach issue cancellation of the 16?

It looks like the present VOSA registration is just the product of various amendments to an original registration with Stagecoach in 2007 (registration number PD0000479/216).

On 11th April, this came through VOSA:

PD0000479/216 - MIDLAND RED (SOUTH) LTD T/A STAGECOACH MIDLANDS, MAIN ROAD, FAR COTTON, NORTHAMPTON, NN4 8ES
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Stratford and Willenhall given service number 16A/16X/X16 effective from 27-Apr-2014. To amend Timetable.

A further variation to this group of services was registered with VOSA on 17th April.

As an aside, there seem to be changes to some Nuneaton and Stratford services coming up on 2nd June, including the 48 into Coventry.

Interestingly enough, going through VOSA also made me stumble across the following.
Does anyone know anything about it?

D1112528/1 - KRZYSZTOF MOKRZECKI T/A S.O.M MALGOSIA, 210 HUMBER ROAD, COVENTRY, CV3 1BH
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Coventry, Fairfax Street
Finish Point: East Midlands Airport
Via: Nuneaton
Service Number:
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 21-MAY-2014
Other Details: Monday to Sunday 3 times daily

I would of course ordinarily post in the relevant thread for this operator, but I do not even know who this operator is!

Interesting.

I did some searching, apparently, 'KRZYSZTOF MOKRZECKI' is also a name belonging to somebody and by coincidence, s/he happens to live in Coventry with postcode of CV3.

http://www.192.com/atoz/people/mokrzecki/krzysztof/cv3/110122649/

This person owns a business teaching pupils how to drive

http://www.som-malgosia.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3&Itemid=5&lang=pl (Polish version)

http://www.som-malgosia.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3&Itemid=5&lang=en (English version but still mostly in Polish)

but...

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20121107103953/http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/archive/N&P%202155%20-%2024th%20August%202012.pdf

This document showing a similar registration number but with little more useful info suggests this may be registered so s/he can drive a minibus or something similar for catholic mission. (I don't know how it works regarding to VOSA and I don't know how catholic mission works too).

Ashley

Yesterday I did my first Stagecoach Warwickshire bash centred on Leamington Spa.

I just wondered since the 16 has become the X16. Have this and the 26 stopped interworking? Also is it Leamington or Stratford who run the Banbury service?

The reason for me asking is partly because I didn't see any LN or SD Tridents at all yesterday. Instead the X15 and X18 had Olympians on it with the X16 having X15 branded Scanias and Unibus liveried E400's

If anybody can shed some light I'd be grateful. Thanks

D10

Quote from: Ashley on May 18, 2014, 11:12:59 AM
Yesterday I did my first Stagecoach Warwickshire bash centred on Leamington Spa.

I just wondered since the 16 has become the X16. Have this and the 26 stopped interworking? Also is it Leamington or Stratford who run the Banbury service?

The reason for me asking is partly because I didn't see any LN or SD Tridents at all yesterday. Instead the X15 and X18 had Olympians on it with the X16 having X15 branded Scanias and Unibus liveried E400's

If anybody can shed some light I'd be grateful. Thanks

In terms of the Banbury Services operated by Stagecoach Warwickshire, Leamington run the 66 and 77/277, whilst Stratford run the 50A.

jc

Leamington also have boards on the 50A, used to be a Goldline board on there too, not sure if that still happens

stuartn

The extension of the 10 from Hinckley to Fosse Shopping Park via Barwell, Earl Shilton & Enderby starts next week once an hour with extra peak time buses to the NEXT factory in Enderby.

The timetable for service 10: www.stagecoachbus.com/getTimetable.ashx?code=XLDO010&dir=OUTBOUND&date=02%2f06%2f2014

Does anyone know what vehicles the extended 10 will use?

Justin Tyme

I believe Stagecoach Midlands has several Darts in reserve - mainly 53 and 04 reg - so I would say there's a fair chance some of them could be used alongside the Enviro 200s and occasional Dart.

JoNi

Newsletter from Cheylesmore councillors reports complaints from Whitley residents inappropriate double deckers on X16 which are getting stuck. They are going to write to Stagecoach.

JoNi

28 branded Enviro got to Willenhall on X16
also Optare Solo last night.
About every different type except a Gold Solo (if that's possible) has been to Willenhall

Valandil

Does anyone know if the 57's are displaying anything unusual at the moment, due to the curtailing to Bedworth Heath?
I imagine it is just 'Bedworth', but will try and make a trip to photograph it if it is anything unusual!

Valandil

Does anyone know who will be running the free shuttle to the Kenilworth Show at Stoneleigh Park tomorrow?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk