News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Coventry & Warwickshire

Started by Valandil, April 04, 2014, 11:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve6544

Sorry for going. Off topic but which routes do stagecoach operate in blackpool

Trident 4609

Quote from: Daniel w on April 30, 2014, 08:17:27 PM
Sorry for going. Off topic but which routes do stagecoach operate in blackpool

The ones i saw last week were:
Route 42- Lancaster (Mainly Olympian operated with the odd 04 plate Trident)
Route 61-Preston & Wrea Green (Operated by specially branded 13 plated Scania N230UD's with Enviro 400 bodywork)

Route 68- Preston (04 plated ALX400 Trident operated)
Route 74- Fleetwood (Operated on behalf of Lancashire County Council using Stagecoach Optare Solo's)

:D

Is it me or is it Stagecoach have stopped serving the university? Ever since last time I got on the 16 (Last Monday) near Westwood, I've trying get on the 16 at sports centre bus stop, and I was at bus stop 10 minutes before the timetabled arrival time, it seems pretty much impossible to get on the 16 as they never come. Could this be because one of many U1 buses changes their route number on the display at Arts centre?

Valandil

Quote from: :D on May 02, 2014, 08:29:04 PM
Is it me or is it Stagecoach have stopped serving the university? Ever since last time I got on the 16 (Last Monday) near Westwood, I've trying get on the 16 at sports centre bus stop, and I was at bus stop 10 minutes before the timetabled arrival time, it seems pretty much impossible to get on the 16 as they never come. Could this be because one of many U1 buses changes their route number on the display at Arts centre?

Most X16 journeys definitely do serve the full 'campus loop'.
Certain peak journeys skip by along Gibbet Hill Road, but then this was also the case before the timetable change, so is nothing new.
One MF journey does begin at the university: I am not sure but this may well only pick up from the main 'Arts Centre' bus stop, as seems to be the policy for the one-a-day MF X17 journeys which begin at the university.

Which direction are you generally heading in? -- I imagine that the 'towards Stratford' direction could be a bit hit-and-miss in the early stages of this route, probably with drivers getting lost, having to explain the route to passengers, et c.

Quote from: Valandil on May 02, 2014, 09:37:00 PM
Quote from: :D on May 02, 2014, 08:29:04 PM

Most X16 journeys definitely do serve the full 'campus loop'.
Certain peak journeys skip by along Gibbet Hill Road, but then this was also the case before the timetable change, so is nothing new.
One MF journey does begin at the university: I am not sure but this may well only pick up from the main 'Arts Centre' bus stop, as seems to be the policy for the one-a-day MF X17 journeys which begin at the university.

Which direction are you generally heading in? -- I imagine that the 'towards Stratford' direction could be a bit hit-and-miss in the early stages of this route, probably with drivers getting lost, having to explain the route to passengers, et c.
I usually go to either Coventry or Tile Hill.

I think I found the issue. Apparently, the timetable I was looking at is for 16 (it was on poster at bus stop dated starting from 27th april) and it was also at nNetwork website which has 16 arrival at University timed to xx:02 or something like that. I had a quick at stagecoach website, it seems that I should've been waiting for x16 which has a completely different timetable. It's really confusing.

Valandil

Quote from: :D on May 02, 2014, 10:27:48 PMI usually go to either Coventry or Tile Hill.

I think I found the issue. Apparently, the timetable I was looking at is for 16 (it was on poster at bus stop dated starting from 27th april) and it was also at nNetwork website which has 16 arrival at University timed to xx:02 or something like that. I had a quick at stagecoach website, it seems that I should've been waiting for x16 which has a completely different timetable. It's really confusing.

Ah yes, the physical timetables in bus shelters and things haven't ben updated.
I don't think the (X)16 ever appeared on the 'RTI' (note the quote marks!) screens, which is probably some form of discrimination :P
The X16 does share many features in common with the old 16, but there are notable differences which unfortunately many intending customers are completely unaware of as things stand.

JoNi

Plenty of Olympians keep appearing on the X16. I'm surprised as I assumed the extension to Willenhall is funded by Centro with an expectation of low floor operation. Is it supported by Centro.

This morning I was at the Park & Ride where anyone expecting a bus to glide through the trees was confronted by L reg Olympian, with tatty piece of card in windscreen.

mikestone

I was quite surprised to see an Olympian in Stratford on Saturday   

Valandil

Quote from: mikestone on May 06, 2014, 05:05:25 PM
I was quite surprised to see an Olympian in Stratford on Saturday

Ah you must be unfamiliar with these parts?
If so, welcome!
Olympians are fair game around here for Stagecoach, and are often seen on service X16 (formerly 16).

Quote from: Valandil on May 03, 2014, 07:59:01 AM
Quote from: :D on May 02, 2014, 10:27:48 PMI usually go to either Coventry or Tile Hill.

Ah yes, the physical timetables in bus shelters and things haven't ben updated.
I don't think the (X)16 ever appeared on the 'RTI' (note the quote marks!) screens, which is probably some form of discrimination :P
The X16 does share many features in common with the old 16, but there are notable differences which unfortunately many intending customers are completely unaware of as things stand.
But it was updated, all of physical timetable in bus shelters are dated from 27th April which are latest and Network West Midlands website lists the 16 as having a current timetable and according to them, X16 doesn't exist.

It looks like it's either Stagecoach hasn't informed them of changes or they did but Network WM has screwed it up.

Valandil

Quote from: :D on May 08, 2014, 09:36:55 PMBut it was updated, all of physical timetable in bus shelters are dated from 27th April which are latest and Network West Midlands website lists the 16 as having a current timetable and according to them, X16 doesn't exist.

It looks like it's either Stagecoach hasn't informed them of changes or they did but Network WM has screwed it up.

I think you're right that something is going on here.
On most of the X16's route in the east of Coventry, flags now read 'Not in Use'.
Perhaps Centro has deemed that deckers (required for at least some of the X16's journeys) are unsuitable for use on these roads, and is looking for an alternative solution.

I am sure that Centro will have known about the X16, as I doubt they would have gone along with the cancellation of the 27 with no replacement.

Do you happen to know whether the 16 on the timetables from 27th April uses the times at which the old 16 ran from the stops (including journeys to Kenilworth only), or the times which the present X16 uses?

Quote from: Valandil on May 09, 2014, 08:10:05 PM
Quote from: :D on May 08, 2014, 09:36:55 PMBut it was updated, all of physical timetable in bus shelters are dated from 27th April which are latest and Network West Midlands website lists the 16 as having a current timetable and according to them, X16 doesn't exist.

On most of the X16's route in the east of Coventry, flags now read 'Not in Use'.
Perhaps Centro has deemed that deckers (required for at least some of the X16's journeys) are unsuitable for use on these roads, and is looking for an alternative solution.

I am sure that Centro will have known about the X16, as I doubt they would have gone along with the cancellation of the 27 with no replacement.

Do you happen to know whether the 16 on the timetables from 27th April uses the times at which the old 16 ran from the stops (including journeys to Kenilworth only), or the times which the present X16 uses?
They seem to use current X16 timetable only.

Are those 'not in use' bus flags used to be served by the 27?

If so, I think this is probably a huge mistake caused by Centro (likely). http://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/information/service-changes/service-changes-from-27th-april shows NXWM knew the 27 was going to be transferred to other operator. Obviously Stagecoach knows about this as they're operating the route. http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/bus/servicechanges/ServiceChangesPages/27April2014.aspx shows that Centro did not know that the X16 was taking over the 27. Presumably to Centro, the route's probably still out for a tender or they knew but it's not in the system yet.

Matt.N0056

Quote from: :D on May 10, 2014, 03:10:07 PM
Quote from: Valandil on May 09, 2014, 08:10:05 PM

They seem to use current X16 timetable only.

Are those 'not in use' bus flags used to be served by the 27?

If so, I think this is probably a huge mistake caused by Centro (likely). http://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/information/service-changes/service-changes-from-27th-april shows NXWM knew the 27 was going to be transferred to other operator. Obviously Stagecoach knows about this as they're operating the route. http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/bus/servicechanges/ServiceChangesPages/27April2014.aspx shows that Centro did not know that the X16 was taking over the 27. Presumably to Centro, the route's probably still out for a tender or they knew but it's not in the system yet.

That second link does say about the X16 replacing the 27

Valandil

Quote from: :D on May 10, 2014, 03:10:07 PMAre those 'not in use' bus flags used to be served by the 27?

As far as I have seen, yes, flags are marked 'Not in Use' only on the parts of the X16's route which used to be specific to the 27, with the X16 appearing on flags from the city centre to the University of Warwick as would be expected.
I did not notice whether the X16 appears on flags of bus stops which are shared in common with other services, such as the 21.

JPC

Quote from: Valandil on May 11, 2014, 12:12:52 AM
Quote from: :D on May 10, 2014, 03:10:07 PMAre those 'not in use' bus flags used to be served by the 27?

As far as I have seen, yes, flags are marked 'Not in Use' only on the parts of the X16's route which used to be specific to the 27, with the X16 appearing on flags from the city centre to the University of Warwick as would be expected.
I did not notice whether the X16 appears on flags of bus stops which are shared in common with other services, such as the 21.

I took a look today, flags on The Avenue are indeed marked "Not in Use", the shelter contains expired 27 timetable.
The Inbound Riverside Close flag has 21 27A 41 360C and 580.  So the 27 was deleted but X16 not added.

Centro cited "late operator service registrations" for the delay in marking up the Trinity Street bus stops which is presumably also the reason why this has happened.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk