News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Miller Street Bus Store

Started by horsencart, March 13, 2014, 11:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

horsencart

I noticed  yesterday at the Miller Street bus store that the boys from the black stuff were a doing things in the Bus Store does this mean that NXWM have realised that they will be able to get more buses in the store if they get rid of the weeds and put a tarmac  floor down, or have I got it wrong and they (the boys from the black stuff   are going to resurface  Miller Street instead ?

If this is the case can some one  me know  either way  a I would love to know if there are any tram track left in Miller St (I suspect not) there are cobble or set stones still in Miller St, I do know that the sleepers  (tram track used as sleepers ) are still in Miller St  the tram track would then sit on the sleepers, I know this because they dug a hole in Miller St one day and the sleepers were visible, and that in other streets in Brum the sleepers are still there, outside the former Coventry Rd Tram and Trolley and Bus Garage, 

Muny thinks ( this is like many thanks but buteer (better)   

Tony

A new arrival at Miller Street I fetched today is Timesaver Metrobus 2957.
This is there for inspection to see how much it would cost to put it back in service.

If the cost is reasonable it will be rejoining the National Express Fleet as a heritage/Private Hire vehicle. It is still privately owned at the moment and is not guaranteed to be changing hands yet.

j789

Quote from: Tony on September 04, 2017, 07:14:31 PM
This is there for inspection to see how much it would cost to put it back in service.

If the cost is reasonable it will be rejoining the National Express Fleet as a heritage/Private Hire vehicle. It is still privately owned at the moment and is not guaranteed to be changing hands yet.

That is great news, The Metrobus had such an attachment to the West Midlands I always thought they should have kept one of the final buses as a heritage vehicle in 2010. Hopefully all goes well.

Did the Dual purpose Metros cost significantly more than the usual version? Was there a reason why no further dual purpose buses were purchased after these and the Lynxes?

Squiz1971

Quote from: Tony on September 04, 2017, 07:14:31 PM

I was wondering what had happened to 2957 as I hadn't seen her at Wythall on any event days only 2912, be like 3225 is doing at YW @Tony

Nxwm

@Tony  what had happened to 2957 I seen you parked up on the island at church lane handsworth wood

Tony

Quote from: Nxwm on September 05, 2017, 08:13:48 PM
@Tony  what had happened to 2957 I seen you parked up on the island at church lane handsworth wood

Minor electrical problem, now sorted

John Stait

I'd love to see can 2001 rejoin the NXWM fleet and be restored.

Westy

Would there be a problem with having more than one bus having 2001 as a fleetnumber.

In fact any heritage bus duplicating a current bus fleet number?

(Unless internally Metrobus 2001 is refered to as '2001M' or similar?)

Gareth

Quote from: Westy on April 30, 2018, 10:59:56 PM
Would there be a problem with having more than one bus having 2001 as a fleetnumber.

In fact any heritage bus duplicating a current bus fleet number?

(Unless internally Metrobus 2001 is refered to as '2001M' or similar?)

There was a time that there were two 3225's in the fleet. Heritage 3225 was officially 7225. I don't actually know but is that still the case on 'paper'?

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on May 01, 2018, 06:51:44 AM
There was a time that there were two 3225's in the fleet. Heritage 3225 was officially 7225. I don't actually know but is that still the case on 'paper'?

It is still 7225 on the computer system

JIM C

Is miller street shared with Diamond buses ? Its just that some of tony,s pictures show a national express coach next to Diamond vechicles.

winston

Quote from: JIM C on June 17, 2018, 11:19:40 PM
Is miller street shared with Diamond buses ? Its just that some of tony,s pictures show a national express coach next to Diamond vechicles.

No, not sure which pictures your referring too.

Travel Decourcey have a Depot next door to NXWM Miller St & they operate NX vehicles from there.

JIM C

Thanks Winston that explains it .its just that I noticed a national express coach in a picture of a diamond bus depot.

Solo1

In the pits was a red decker & also 1 in the line up opposite the pits

Tony

4427 is having an engine change. No more there

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk