News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Buses on TV

Started by Trident 4609, December 24, 2013, 09:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Just a bit of a light hearted topic :)

Just post here any buses you see in the background of television programmes (I believe there is a site dedicated to this sort of thing!)

I will start off :)

Last nightvi watched a drama on C4 last night called Raised By Wolves set and filmed in Wolverhampton and one of the shots was of a 1 branded B5LH

I've also seen Optare Solo's and B7RLE's on Emmerdale!

Rob H

I watched a Keeping Up Appearances Episode a while back and 2465 appeared in the background :)

Also when Hustle filmed their last 3 series in Birmingham several Buses were in the background including Presidents and Enviros
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

John

Quote from: Rob H on December 24, 2013, 09:26:22 PM
I watched a Keeping Up Appearances Episode a while back and 2465 appeared in the background :)

I've been watching Keeping Up Appearances lately (quality), filmed in and around Coventry and Leamington/Kenilworth areas, but I have not seen a bus in the background yet.

An episode of Doctors a few years back (not that I watch it!) featured a scene inside a Green Bus single decker, could have been one of the Plaxton Verdes

Also remember watching 'Brum' when younger, there was an episode heavily featuring a WMT Metrobus. Also lots of buses going past in the background on all of the old episodes

Rob H

Quote from: John on December 24, 2013, 09:35:20 PM

I've been watching Keeping Up Appearances lately, filmed in and around Coventry and Leamington/Kenilworth areas, but I have not seen a bus in the background yet.

An episode of Doctors a few years back (not that I watch it!) featured a scene inside a Green Bus single decker, could have been one of the Plaxton Verdes

Its a Series One Episode where 2465 is featured I think its the 3rd episode but I'm not 100% sure on that :)
X1 Birmingham - Coventry

John

Quote from: Rob H on December 24, 2013, 09:38:36 PM
Its a Series One Episode where 2465 is featured I think its the 3rd episode but I'm not 100% sure on that :)

Thanks Rob, will have to watch that again.

Also, don't forget that Aston Manor's RM506 will soon be on 'The Game' next year that BBC were filming in Birmingham a few months ago

uniquicity

1668 appeared on Sky News today.

They had a reporter at the QE for a news story. 1668 went past on the 48 in the background.

Rob H

I've been watching Keeping Up Appearances lately (quality), filmed in and around Coventry and Leamington/Kenilworth areas, but I have not seen a bus in the background yet.

Also remember watching 'Brum' when younger, there was an episode heavily featuring a WMT Metrobus. Also lots of buses going past in the background on all of the old episodes

2993 was the Bus the Episode was called 'Little Drummer Boy' :) I can't believe I forgot 'Brum'
X1 Birmingham - Coventry

the trainbasher

Quite a few on the news having been up in flames! :-D

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

richie

CV service 4 goes past onslows house in Stoke aldermoor

CL

MOST OBVIOUS OF ALL CHILDRENS' TELEVISION:

Brum! near the end credits - you can see a metrobus, and a liberator... Also, I think there might've been a President... Not sure.  ::)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

nitromatt1

Midlands Today have a Gemini in their titles.

Sayeed

One of the NX's Alx 200 dart appeared on DIY SOS, and it was around QEH
Век живи - век учись

Bob

I cant believe nobodys mentioned the blue & cream metrobus going down the Aston Expressway at the start of every episode of Crossroads from 1985 onwards lol

Rob H

Quote from: Nathan on December 24, 2013, 10:39:04 PM
Also has anyone noticed that Channel 4 ident in Blackpool in which two blackpool transport buses (A Trident and Solo) go past?

The Trident was in Line 14 Livery and the solo was in Line 5 Livery but these route liveries are now disappearing and most of Blackpool Transports Buses are now in Black and Yellow Livery with a Silver and Red/Pink Stripe only a small number of the buses still remain in their route liveries :)
X1 Birmingham - Coventry

Bob

Quote from: Nathan on December 25, 2013, 02:14:49 PM
Quote from: bob on December 25, 2013, 01:39:08 PM
I cant believe nobodys mentioned the blue & cream metrobus going down the Aston Expressway at the start of every episode of Crossroads from 1985 onwards lol

Bit too old for my era ;)

Lol an me. I would of been 4 lol but have saw it somewhere and noticed the metro on it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk