News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Claribels

Started by monkeyjoe, May 02, 2012, 02:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: Tony on September 18, 2017, 05:34:34 PM
Whoops

West Midlands Police Twitter feed reporting they have stopped a Claribels bus for going the wrong side of a keep left bollard
https://twitter.com/Trafficwmp/status/909779962403713024?s=04

In all fairness, I've done that in a NXWM bus. I don't understand how that is wrong. What are you supposed to do in a situation like that. Especially on the ghettos of the 11 route where it's basically a free for all on the roads. In fact, that day I was in a convoy of 3 buses and we all did that.

Mike K

Quote from: Tony on September 18, 2017, 05:34:34 PM
Whoops

West Midlands Police Twitter feed reporting they have stopped a Claribels bus for going the wrong side of a keep left bollard
https://twitter.com/Trafficwmp/status/909779962403713024?s=04

I've seen NXWM buses do this on the 22/23 on War Lane before when some dickhead has parked so close to the central bollard (near the junction with Hartledon Road) that it's difficult to get a bus through without inching through at a snail's pace - and risking taking the corner off the car. As MW says, it's unavoidable sometimes. The bin lorry has stopped in an inconsiderate place there - although at the moment I'm probably not being impartial given that until today it was over 5 weeks since my bins were last emptied.

Kevin

If we're on the subject then I'll throw in the 66 trying to get along Rupert Street, numerous times I've been on the bus where it would have been physically impossible to get around the cars parked by the leisure centre without performing this illegal maneuver, same with city bound buses trying to make the corner from Oliver Street further up

Should I report NXWM for every infringement or should we only pick on the little guys?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4194

Quote from: Kevin on September 21, 2017, 08:03:13 AM
If we're on the subject then I'll throw in the 66 trying to get along Rupert Street, numerous times I've been on the bus where it would have been physically impossible to get around the cars parked by the leisure centre without performing this illegal maneuver, same with city bound buses trying to make the corner from Oliver Street further up

Should I report NXWM for every infringement or should we only pick on the little guys?

It's quite common, diamond do it unavoidably by hasbury tesco when the delivery lorries are parked outside, I wouldn't exactly classify it as a serious offense to commit

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on September 21, 2017, 08:03:13 AM

I wasn't picking on the little guys. I personally think the police were being very harsh on him, not just stopping him, but shaming him on Twitter, I think the twitter bit was totally unneccessary.

Stuharris 6360

To be honest the bin drivers think they own the roads and they can break every law in the book, and instead of the police standing up to them, they persecute everybody else.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 21, 2017, 07:23:19 PM
To be honest the bin drivers think they own the roads and they can break every law in the book, and instead of the police standing up to them, they persecute everybody else.
The police said on the twitter page that the bin lorry has a lawful exemption due to the nature of its use.

To be honest if the bin lorry was there to empty the bins they could have been a bit more patient and waited 2 minutes for the bin lorry to empty the bins and move on and usually they do.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: 2206 on September 21, 2017, 07:44:43 PM
The police said on the twitter page that the bin lorry has a lawful exemption due to the nature of its use.

To be honest they could have been a bit more patient and waited 2 minutes for the bin lorry to empty the bins and move on and usually they do.

Yes more interested in posting on there twitter page than actually getting out there and solving crime.

They should put there foot down with the bin lorry drivers, but they frightened in case they throw there dummy's out of the pram like they have been doing. Should have sacked the lot of them and gave the jobs to people who really want to work.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Kevin

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 21, 2017, 07:49:57 PM
Yes more interested in posting on there twitter page than actually getting out there and solving crime.

Because their social media team are the same people as their front line officers....
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

the trainbasher

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 21, 2017, 07:49:57 PM
They should put there foot down with the bin lorry drivers, but they frightened in case they throw there dummy's out of the pram like they have been doing. Should have sacked the lot of them and gave the jobs to people who really want to work.

So you want bin men who are underpaid, taking time off with illness due to the stress of the job and are forced to lose their jobs because of some money saving scheme which costs more than keeping the status quo

I'm with my brother workers every day of the week. They were forced to struggle under the threat of losing their jobs so why should they work like that. The industrial action was needed in my view.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on September 21, 2017, 07:44:43 PM
To be honest if the bin lorry was there to empty the bins they could have been a bit more patient and waited 2 minutes for the bin lorry to empty the bins and move on and usually they do.
Yes, they shouldn't of just done an impatient turn. Quite selfish, that driver must of been in a rush then to do that.

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 22, 2017, 06:51:43 PM
So you want bin men who are underpaid, taking time off with illness due to the stress of the job and are forced to lose their jobs because of some money saving scheme which costs more than keeping the status quo

I'm with my brother workers every day of the week. They were forced to struggle under the threat of losing their jobs so why should they work like that. The industrial action was needed in my view.
I'm sorry but I thought the Industrial Action was a disgrace. People are paid to empty wheelie bins, not protest. When I lived in Perry Beeches the rubbish wasn't that bad but in areas, say Alum Rock, the rubbish was taking over the pavements. The smell was atrocious being in heat. People who live in Birmingham pay Council Tax and expect bins to be emptied, not to just sit in the street. I'm so happy I'm in Sandwell!

Grinder

I thought this forum was about buses not about the industrial dispute in Brum.  I live on the A34 on the outskirts of Stafford and every Monday morning the bins are emptied, household 1 week, garden and recylcle the next and every week the bin lorries cause a couple of minutes delay when near to pedestrian refuges in the middle of the road.  Unless the bin lorry in question was parked up and not emptying bins then the drivers of the vehicles that the police pulled up should have waited, I do think though that the police action ended up being heavy handed and a warning should have sufficed.

Solo1

What's going to be used on the new contract services 167/8 600  n
more envrio of buses from the fleet

Jack

Quote from: Solo1 on October 02, 2017, 09:56:47 AM
What's going to be used on the new contract services 167/8 600  n
more envrio of buses from the fleet
E200's. Claribels have received some '61' plate second hand vehicles.

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Jack on September 23, 2017, 09:28:45 AM
in areas, say Alum Rock, the rubbish was taking over the pavements. The smell was atrocious being in heat.

Simple answer, stay away from Alum Rock the next time you're in heat....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk