News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Four train operating companies in one photograph

Started by Tony, April 29, 2012, 04:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

Quote from: Tony on April 12, 2013, 08:32:37 PM
I actually managed to get four TOCs (Virgin, London Midland, Arriva Trains Wales and Cross Country on 4 adjacent tracks this evening at New Street
http://wmbusphotos.com/Trains/class350/350260.html

Great photo. Platforms 4-6? My best is still only 3  >:(, 2 voyagers and a 350 at Coventry
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

windy miller

Shaun..I actually managed to get a shot of 5 operating companies on Monday Afternoon (at Doncaster). I think it may be too big for this page...I have passed it on to tony so he might post it sometime.
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Tony

Quote from: windy miller on April 16, 2013, 08:47:45 PM
Shaun..I actually managed to get a shot of 5 operating companies on Monday Afternoon (at Doncaster). I think it may be too big for this page...I have passed it on to tony so he might post it sometime.

Thanks Windy, yes 4 TOCs and one FOC, I will try and find a place on the site for it tomorrow

Sh4318

Ok, do you have a Flickr or Fotopic account by any chance?

windy miller

Shaun....I don't have twitter or facebook...From what iv'e seen of these social networking sites they seem to be ideal for people who like mouthing off about something/someone..most of the time its neither funny or clever.   >:(  Then hide behind a 'curtain' of anonymity....     I  suppose I could develop an interest in this 'flikker' business ..(no idea how it works. :-\.)would you recommend it ?..  is it free ? is there a monthly limit to the uploads?..would you be able to remove your own pics?.. does the Right-click disablement come as standard ?..? ???

the trainbasher

Windy

If you consider uploading photographs to the internet, this is one I found to be ok

http://www.smugmug.com/

It does have right click protection, people can buy printed copys of pics., geotaggmg (where you can put your pics on a map so people can see where it was took etc.

This is an example of a site hosted on there

http://tomonthebuses.smugmug.com/

The mapping function

http://maps.smugmug.com/?feedType=geoUser&Data=tomonthebuses

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Sh4318

Quote from: windy miller on April 17, 2013, 01:11:13 AM
Shaun....I don't have twitter or facebook...From what iv'e seen of these social networking sites they seem to be ideal for people who like mouthing off about something/someone..most of the time its neither funny or clever.   >:(  Then hide behind a 'curtain' of anonymity....     I  suppose I could develop an interest in this 'flikker' business ..(no idea how it works. :-\.)would you recommend it ?..  is it free ? is there a monthly limit to the uploads?..would you be able to remove your own pics?.. does the Right-click disablement come as standard ?..? ???

Flickr is a photo sharing site, it's pretty good, it allows you to upload photos and categorise them into sets and collections, and share them with other contacts and groups. Unfortunately, you do have to pay to reap the benefits, £39.99 for a pro account with more privet ledges and unlimited photo uploads

windy miller

Thanks.Shaun..'privet ledges'?  I think Iv'e got some in my garden ::) seriously, If you choose to share your photography with like minded people, It might be an Idea to submit your work to a club/society who would appreciate any revenue they might gain from sales. I had been a member of the RCTS  (Railway Correspondence and Travel Society) up to the 70's..ie before the 'modern' era....I Know they are still a very knowledgeable group on the subject of Rail, and I'm sure these days they would have provision for your photo albums. I DO know their (Annual) subscription is £25... :o  But you do get 12 Issues of a very informative (and bang up to date)
Magazine called the Railway Observer.or 'RO'.as its known.Its a lot less than the cost of a 1 year subscription to 'Modern Railways' or 'Rail Magazine' and they have regular film nights/ days out/ depot/signalbox visits ect. I'll check it out when I have more time. cheers    (They DO have a six-month membership for £12.50 apparently)

John

Quote from: Shaun on April 17, 2013, 08:07:49 AM
£39.99 for a pro account with more privet ledges and unlimited photo uploads

Flickr is ony £16.91 a year for pro ($24.95). That is what I was billed last month for it.

Sh4318

Quote from: John on April 17, 2013, 06:29:36 PM
Quote from: Shaun on April 17, 2013, 08:07:49 AM
£39.99 for a pro account with more privet ledges and unlimited photo uploads

Flickr is ony £16.91 a year for pro ($24.95). That is what I was billed last month for it.

Oh, yeah, it is. Not sure why I thought £39.99 ::)

Tony

Here is Windy's 4TOC + 1FOC photo
http://wmbusphotos.com/Trains/Class66/66524.html

Sh4318

If I could be bothered to get out my seat, I have an opportunity to get 3 class 323s in one photo. 19:35 LTV platform 8a, 19:39 International platform 7a and my train 19:39 Wolverhampton platform 6a

windy miller

my Pic of 5 TOC's appears to have gone awol?   ??

Damo

As a variation on the theme, how many TOCs can you get on one train?

This example has three - base Midland Mainline livery, with Central Trains semi-circles applied, then Cross Country logos stuck over the top!

https://the-siding.co.uk/class170/pages/170106.htm

windy miller

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk