News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Not a rail in sight!

Started by RW, March 27, 2013, 09:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Didn't realise the work at Grand Central had such an impact on the City Centre. Up Corporation St left into Bull St on to Colmore Gate and then between Snow Hill Stn and 1 & 2 Snow Hill through to St. Paul's. I don't think so. Is that the best Centro can come up with?

Gareth

Bull Street stop opens 6th December I believe. I think they've all done really well with the works 😃

wembley86

They are scared in case a someone gets floored by a tram. 

RW

Quote from: RW on June 03, 2013, 01:12:55 PM
Looking again at the publically available construction phases map the section from where the extension diverges from the existing line just beyond St Paul's to the beginning of Bull St and the curve at the junction of Bull St and Corporation St is still shown as work starting in April 2013. So now into a 3rd planned construction month and still apparently waiting on street works to be completed. Might help if some of the street works actually had personnel working on them. The new terminus in Stephenson street is the only section that seems to be making progress on the ground. Elsewhere it's materials and the odd, apparently 'abandoned', excavation. You heard it here first. Delayed completion date!

3 years on. How right was I? It was pretty clear back then that there was little chance of the extension being completed on time. Hopefully Centro and it's successor have learnt a few lessons that will keep the Centenary Square extension on schedule once actual construction starts.

wembley86

Quote from: RW on May 20, 2016, 10:30:11 PM
3 years on. How right was I? It was pretty clear back then that there was little chance of the extension being completed on time. Hopefully Centro and it's successor have learnt a few lessons that will keep the Centenary Square extension on schedule once actual construction starts.
regards Broad St ext: As the Frankfurt Market starts mid November 2016 they will stop work because of of safety concerns then wait to winter 2017 to restart then same will happen come christmas 2017 till they open late 2019.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk