Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
National Express West Midlands / Re: Platinum Rant
« Last post by MW on Today at 12:45:04 AM »
same old same old, why cant people be greatful they have a free travel pass and if they wish to use the bus outside the permitted boundaries they have to pay. problem is companies are not clear, and some drivers just let them on to avoid conflict. if the inspectors got on that drivers bus, and found that person before 9.30, I dare say the driver would be in trouble, so you cant win.

The driver would be in no trouble whatsoever. Itís all bollocks. I had loads of people walk on the 11 and not give a damn. When inspectors came, I told them straight.

No disrespect but too many drivers are jobsworths.
National Express West Midlands / Re: Bordesley Green Garage
« Last post by 2206 on Yesterday at 11:36:07 PM »
1810 definetly couldn't cope with the loads on the 55 this morning, after it got through Ward End it was heavily overcrowded and from Aston Church Road it drove past every stop (except Saltley Gate), from there all the way to to the City Centre, so nobody else could get on as it was to overcrowded.
I noticed as well that the 2 people who boarded at Saltley Gate had invalid passes as well, one of there passes had expired in March.
1810 was at Aston Church Road going towards the City Centre at 10:15
National Express West Midlands / Re: Route Branded Buses off Route
« Last post by Jack on Yesterday at 10:39:33 PM »
Doesn't commonly happen on a Sunday. As they usually stick the City branded buses (6723-40) on them. Although various Platinum's get on the 6, 7, 10, 35, 77 and 89 on a Sunday.
6750 was also on the 997.
« Last post by mranon on Yesterday at 10:02:30 PM »
same old same old, why cant people be greatful they have a free travel pass and if they wish to use the bus outside the permitted boundaries they have to pay. problem is companies are not clear, and some drivers just let them on to avoid conflict. if the inspectors got on that drivers bus, and found that person before 9.30, I dare say the driver would be in trouble, so you cant win.
National Express West Midlands / Re: Route Branded Buses off Route
« Last post by Michael Bevan on Yesterday at 09:41:56 PM »
Isn't that usual? There was one doing it yesterday.

Doesn't commonly happen on a Sunday. As they usually stick the City branded buses (6723-40) on them. Although various Platinum's get on the 6, 7, 10, 35, 77 and 89 on a Sunday.
National Express West Midlands / Re: Perry Barr Garage
« Last post by 2206 on Yesterday at 09:28:23 PM »
763 on 96E unusual for E200 to be on 96
Not unusual.
It's been happening every Sunday.
National Express West Midlands / Re: Noteworthy Workings - November 2017
« Last post by Jack D on Yesterday at 08:54:21 PM »
763 on 96E unusual for E200 to be on 96
National Express West Midlands / Re: Oddities
« Last post by Jack on Yesterday at 07:02:54 PM »
6750 missing its halo.
« Last post by 2206 on Yesterday at 06:46:39 PM »
If thats the case, why didnt she carry the paperwork with her, that told her she could do this, especially if it had National Express or TfWm headed notepaper, then all it needed was a swift call to control to check.

In fact isnt there a disability pass that covers pre 930am journeys?

If it was so vital, then why didnt she get her Gp to sign something that allowed her to get said pass, instead of peeing off the driver?

Some people do make a rod for their own backs dont they!
Monday to Friday the pass is only Valid after 09:30.
They may be able to get financial help from the Council if they have to use the bus before 09:30 and they may be able to get financial help if they have a NHS appointment.
Otherwise you can buy a Earlybird pre 09:30 NX or NBus add on pass for use before 09:30.
https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/tickets-and-passes/older-persons-pass/
National Express West Midlands / Re: West Bromwich Garage
« Last post by fleetline6477 on Yesterday at 06:01:54 PM »
At the time Quinton closed it was operating a number of local Stourbridge services following the closure of Stourbridge and Hartshill garages and Pensnett didn't exist in its current form. So the make up and capacity of other garages has changed since it closed. If my memory serves me (the Black Country routes here might not be 100% correct) upon closure it operated the 9, 10, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 (103), 29, 82, 136/7, 140, 241, 242, 247/8, 296, 297.

QN also operated Stourbridge Circulars 293/4/5 and peak 298/9. The 247A/248A operated hourly alongside the hourly 247/248.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10