News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

General Metro Thread

Started by John, April 06, 2015, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uniquicity

uniquicity

Looks like a new timetable from 3rd Jan... search for MM1 on Traveline timetables. More AM peak journeys from Wolverhampton from what I can tell, plus other minor changes

Snow Hill stop has being re-named to St-Chads
Wolverhampton Veg 😎

Gareth

Except on the internal tram route diagrams and on the announcements.

T840MAK

Quote from: Gareth on January 03, 2017, 11:03:20 PM
Except on the internal tram route diagrams and on the announcements.

I assume either someone's forgotten to change the announcement program or they didn't record one for St Chads when they did the rest of them, which would be nothing short of bizarre.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

uniquicity

Quote from: T840MAK on January 09, 2017, 12:42:07 PM
I assume either someone's forgotten to change the announcement program or they didn't record one for St Chads when they did the rest of them, which would be nothing short of bizarre.

My tram this morning (37 I think) had updated maps and announcements

Stevo

In fact the one place you can't get to from St Chads is St Chads! Unless they open a lift and stairs down to Great Charles Street you have to walk alongside Snow Hill station to the end of the grass track and then come back down the road.

Other Walsall Tony

I hear that track replacement means the line from Priestfield and St Georges for upto six months from June. Has anyone else heard anything?
Tony

karl724223

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on April 21, 2017, 05:38:22 PM
I hear that track replacement means the line from Priestfield and St Georges for upto six months from June. Has anyone else heard anything?
there was a artical in the express and star

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

T840MAK

Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

Stevo

I tried the replacement services yesterday. Good announcements at stops and on trams that you should transfer to buses at The Crescent. Good signage at The Crescent too. Trouble is it took approx the same time from The Crescent to Wolves bus station as from Grand Central to The Crescent - around 30 minutes via the diversion. Still, generally very much better handled than last time. And they're really ripping up Bilston Street - more than half the rails on the southbound line removed.

Stevo

Visited Bilston Road again. Lots of new track laid on southbound line, in various states from just 'sleepers' laid to fully concreted in and awaiting road surface. At this rate it should easily be done by Christmas.

CL

Has the steps/lift at St. Chads (Snow Hill) officially opened? I went past it on the 16 yesterday, and it looks as though the construction fences have been removed. ???

Would make my journey to/from school much more efficient.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk