News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

National Express Coaches

Started by winston, October 01, 2012, 12:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: dannygill on November 07, 2013, 12:11:27 AM
Quote from: Winston on November 07, 2013, 12:00:29 AM
Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on November 06, 2013, 11:25:07 PM
Quote from: dannygill on November 06, 2013, 11:08:23 PM
anyone know where yn55ndz is going, see its now listed as left fleet, very sad as it marks and end of an era on the national express coach network, no more PB's

Now with South Gloucestershire B&C - & still in nx livery to the best of my knowledge.

Although there's not much in it build-quality wise, give me a 'PB over Crapano Lavatories any day of the week - !

Irizar have lost out big style on regular large fleet orders by not being prepared to adapt/re-design the PB's front entrance to accommodate the PLS wheelchair lifts.

An entire NX fleet comprising of Irizar PB's would look far superior to the Levantes

wouldn't it just!!! lets hope that more I6's and centrurys come onto the network! that god that Ulsterbus are still buying Irizar! and better than Volvo levantes are bruces new 12 plate tri scanny's!!

The main problem for Irizar is that they typically body Scania's for the UK market, Scania chassis seem to have fallen out of favour with NX for both new coach & bus orders. I understand Scania engines can be quite thirsty of the old fuel. I notice for Euro 6 Scania will be fitting Cummins ISB engines to buses, not sure if this is instead of their own or an alternative option?

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Winston on November 07, 2013, 12:00:29 AM

Irizar have lost out big style on regular large fleet orders by not being prepared to adapt/re-design the PB's front entrance to accommodate the PLS wheelchair lifts.

An entire NX fleet comprising of Irizar PB's would look far superior to the Levantes

I understand they (Irizar) looked at the feasibility of doing so, but ruled it out as being unworkable. I'm happy with that as it would have totally destroyed the iconic taurean frontal styling.

It's ironic that whilst nx was pushing for a more 'user-friendly' (It was my day off when the prototype Levante was demoe'd at our place, I was told it took over an hour for the PLS lift to go through its cycle!) platform than a conventional side mounted lift, they had the ideal (& far more practical) kit in use already - the Neoplan Skyliner. Unfortunately, events blew that idea out of the water before the thought had even dawned on them.

Ex BC driver

I've seen a couple of BP63 plated coaches while in London

winston

Quote from: Ex BC driver on November 08, 2013, 12:25:55 AM
I've seen a couple of BP63 plated coaches while in London

There are quite a few new Levante due/recently delivered with various NX sub contractors, but they are all registered BF63---

bwsau cymru

East yorkshires are registered yx
campaigning for better transport for all

bwsau cymru

5351hp is on loan to bruces coaches in use on the 539 today

notepanel

Quote from: dannygill on November 18, 2013, 01:57:48 PM
5351hp is on loan to bruces coaches in use on the 539 today

This has been on the 539 regularly over the past few weeks. Prior to this it has made occasional appearances, including being used on the 539 the morning of the fire at Bruce's depot.

bwsau cymru

It seems made bruces using volvos as I know there not a fan nor there drivers but I guess you cant be picky at a time of need!!

winston

Quote from: dannygill on November 22, 2013, 11:32:35 AM
It seems made bruces using volvos as I know there not a fan nor there drivers but I guess you cant be picky at a time of need!!

Notepanel29 posted this on NX coaches yahoo group, I assume they are further Scania?

It appears that Bruce's are due some new vehicles imminently...

FN63 PWL/PWO/PWU/PWX/PWY

All currently at Caetano in Ibstock. Due to the quantity I assume these are Tri-axle vehicles. If so, they'll be the first new batch for several years.

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Winston on November 22, 2013, 11:36:26 AM

Notepanel29 posted this on NX coaches yahoo group, I assume they are further Scania?

FN63 PWL/PWO/PWU/PWX/PWY

All currently at Caetano in Ibstock. Due to the quantity I assume these are Tri-axle vehicles. If so, they'll be the first new batch for several years.

I've not been following the scene to my usual standards lately, but the '13 season build that I'm aware of runs to at least 41 bodies, & I don't know any that aren't on twin axle B9's.

winston

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on November 23, 2013, 01:20:01 AM

FN63 PWL/PWO/PWU/PWX/PWY

I've not been following the scene to my usual standards lately, but the '13 season build that I'm aware of runs to at least 41 bodies, & I don't know any that aren't on twin axle B9's.

Cheers Dave, Looks as though NX are dropping the tri-axles across the board then, I just thought Bruce's could have been the exception to that rule, as they have taken on the one off 12 plate Scania tri-axle, obviously wasn't that successful

notepanel

Quote from: Winston on November 23, 2013, 01:35:34 AM

FN63 PWL/PWO/PWU/PWX/PWY

Cheers Dave, Looks as though NX are dropping the tri-axles across the board then, I just thought Bruce's could have been the exception to that rule, as they have taken on the one off 12 plate Scania tri-axle, obviously wasn't that successful

I was speaking to a Bruces driver yesterday who was under the impression they would be tri-axle (to quote the driver "more heaps of plastic shit")

PWU operated the 336 ex Edinburgh last night, which should operate the 1640 ex Plymouth back this evening, whilst PWL is on the southbound 539 today (if anyone wants/is able to check!).

Isle of Stroma

FN63 PWL/PWO/PWU/PWX/PWY

Scrub that. Whatever they are, they're NOT B9R's.

winston

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on November 23, 2013, 02:33:17 PM

FN63 PWL/PWO/PWU/PWX/PWY

Scrub that. Whatever they are, they're NOT B9R's.

The fact that Bruce's have had the only 12 plate tri-axle Scania/Levante, I suspect it may be more of those

Ex BC driver

Coach 164 now has SR so I'm guessing it is now allocated to Sipson Road.
East Yorkshire 81 is YY63 OEM

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk