News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

London Midland Trains

Started by Tony, September 22, 2012, 08:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

4 car 8am to brum was CANCELLED this morning the next train was an unable to cope 2 car... glad I caught the 7.24. Pretty bad tho. Lots of peak time outbound cancellations recently. Poor show

Tony

Quote from: Bob on August 10, 2017, 05:54:49 PM
4 car 8am to brum was CANCELLED this morning the next train was an unable to cope 2 car... glad I caught the 7.24. Pretty bad tho. Lots of peak time outbound cancellations recently. Poor show

Yes. All caused by the Nationalised part of the Railway Industry, none of it London Midland's fault

Bob

The fact they run 2 car trains at peak times is. The 16.42 ou of brum in particular is a joke. They have run 3 cars on there previously so it can be done and even then it's just about able to cope

Bob

Your not a fan of public ownership at all are you Tony lol

Tony

Quote from: Bob on August 10, 2017, 06:11:25 PM
The fact they run 2 car trains at peak times is. The 16.42 ou of brum in particular is a joke. They have run 3 cars on there previously so it can be done and even then it's just about able to cope

London Midland diagram 7 of their 8 3-car 170s every day, when all 8 are available then the diagram that does the 16:42 gets the 8th, but you cannot expect 100% availability every day.

It's not that I am not a fan of Nationalisation, I don't care who runs anything as long as they do the best job possible, what I don't like is the wrong people getting blamed for anything that goes wrong or just blaming privatisation. The problem this morning was a siganalling failure at Wolverhampton, and as the 4 car morning train got stuck in the middle of that London Midland could hardly be blamed for it not getting to Rugeley to do its next trip

MW

Quote from: Tony on August 10, 2017, 06:53:32 PM
London Midland diagram 7 of their 8 3-car 170s every day, when all 8 are available then the diagram that does the 16:42 gets the 8th, but you cannot expect 100% availability every day.

It's not that I am not a fan of Nationalisation, I don't care who runs anything as long as they do the best job possible, what I don't like is the wrong people getting blamed for anything that goes wrong or just blaming privatisation. The problem this morning was a siganalling failure at Wolverhampton, and as the 4 car morning train got stuck in the middle of that London Midland could hardly be blamed for it not getting to Rugeley to do its next trip

Private ownership is better in every single industry to get the best job possible. Plus it's fair. Paying for stuff you actually use and all. Let's not get political though, lol.

Bob

Not always...privatisation in buses was supposed to have brought in competition etc but has led in a lot of areas to private monopoly...look at cannock! More choice of operators pre privatisation! Lol

monkeyjoe

Govia it is then, what other benefits apart from wifi then?

BK63 YWP

The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

monkeyjoe

Opps your right the current ones have lost it yep that's what I meant lol

mikestone

On several occasions recently journey check has been showingone diagram on Bedford Bletchley trains 2 vice 1 - are they running up the mileages on the 150s before they go?

Tony

Quote from: mikestone on August 12, 2017, 02:17:25 PM
On several occasions recently journey check has been showingone diagram on Bedford Bletchley trains 2 vice 1 - are they running up the mileages on the 150s before they go?

probably while the 153s get their internal refresh

DJ

One of the Walsall - Wolves stoppers was cancelled after reaching Birmingham New Street today, right after the WBA match too, so there was a lot of people waiting and I presume the next one along was rammed.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Tony

Quote from: DJ98 on August 12, 2017, 06:38:28 PM
One of the Walsall - Wolves stoppers was cancelled after reaching Birmingham New Street today, right after the WBA match too, so there was a lot of people waiting and I presume the next one along was rammed.

Similar; 17:42 to Rugeley cancelled; 1812 rammed with football fans

Bob

19.01 from Cannock cancelled due to "train crew unavailable " WTF....a joke

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk