News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

London Midland Trains

Started by Tony, September 22, 2012, 08:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BK63 YWP

Due to the arm rest Don't move up!
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Trident 4194

Quote from: Chris on July 22, 2017, 05:24:12 PM
Due to the arm rest Don't move up!

The one on the aisle I presume you mean? The ones in between the two seats move

BK63 YWP

The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

DJ

Quote from: Chris on July 22, 2017, 05:20:59 PM
You are probably as thin as a rake! For some people that has a big bootee it can be a little tight!

I'm not the thinnest person in the world and I can't recall having an issue with my table seat both ways between New Street and Hereford a couple of months ago. The only issue I had is that I had to stand until Bromsgrove on the way to Hereford, but that's to be expected with the time of day I was travelling at. The journey back was a lot better in that regard.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Bob on July 21, 2017, 08:26:13 PM
Yep so we're getting 323s which are old uncomfortable  ( worse legroom than 150s) and not air conditioned. Give me a Sprinter any day.  They didn't need to electrify the line really....  maximum 3 carriage trains after electrification then...sure there'll be more seats but it'll be an uncomfortable ride

323's have the most reliable & efficient aircon available. It's called 'opening the windows'...

Tony

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on July 23, 2017, 11:49:07 AM
323's have the most reliable & efficient aircon available. It's called 'opening the windows'...

One of the reasons I travel in the 153 to and from work

Bob

The good thing about the 153s having opening windows is it helps get rid of the stench of the filthy interiors and carpets lol

Tony

Quote from: Bob on July 23, 2017, 01:32:39 PM
The good thing about the 153s having opening windows is it helps get rid of the stench of the filthy interiors and carpets lol

One of them now has a completely new interior, looks much better

Bob

Has it? What's been changed? Flooring? That carpet up the walls? Have you seen the ceiling panels on them? Christ knows when they last cleaned em lol

Tony

Quote from: Bob on July 23, 2017, 02:16:12 PM
Has it? What's been changed? Flooring? That carpet up the walls? Have you seen the ceiling panels on them? Christ knows when they last cleaned em lol

Everything, even all the wall panels by the entrances and toilets have been replaced with much brighter panels, new carpets on the floor and walls and seats recovered. LED lighting by the door vestibles. The only thing they don't seem to have done is cleaned the light diffusers

Bob

Has this one been used on the Chase services?

Tony

Quote from: Bob on July 23, 2017, 04:52:11 PM

Yes, I caught it in to work one day this week

Tony

Quote from: Bob on July 23, 2017, 04:52:11 PM

I've just caught it home, it is 153334.

On another subject Modern Railways this month has published that LM hope to have 230001 in service on the Coventry-Nuneaton line occasionally from September. This is hopefully where the 153 for the Coventry-Kenilworth-Leamington service is coming from I referred to earlier

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on July 27, 2017, 05:50:52 PM
On another subject Modern Railways this month has published that LM hope to have 230001 in service on the Coventry-Nuneaton line occasionally from September. This is hopefully where the 153 for the Coventry-Kenilworth-Leamington service is coming from I referred to earlier

Does it come with it's own fire engine?   :D :D :D
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 27, 2017, 10:16:52 PM
Does it come with it's own fire engine?   :D :D :D

No, only steam loco's come with tenders....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk