News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

London Midland Trains

Started by Tony, September 22, 2012, 08:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on July 13, 2017, 09:44:58 AM
Because FGW won't be releasing the 153s in time for the December timetable I'm being told the 153 might be released from closer to home by a surprise arrival

Arriva Train Wales by any chance?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

mikestone

I can't imagine ATW have anything to spare, they diagrammed extra units in May without actually having any more sets.
;

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: mikestone on July 14, 2017, 09:00:48 AM
I can't imagine ATW have anything to spare, they diagrammed extra units in May without actually having any more sets.
;

The only other thing I can think is, will the 153 be released from London Midland itself by whatever this surprise arrival is, maybe London Midland are acquiring Chilterns bubble cars lol.  :D :D :D :D
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

mikestone

If East Midlands diagrammed Meridians to the same availability as Virgin do Voyagers (with the added complication of tilt and buffets they actually use other than to store a trolley) they might be able to release something.

winston

London Midland have had an 8 week extension for starters with an option for a further 8 week extension:
https://www.go-ahead.com/en/media/news/2017/london-midland-franchise-extension.html

Bob

On class 150 to Hereford at new st. Looking at the seats I thought the legroom would be bad but I'm on a 3 seater and it's fine and I'm over 6ft and on a 3 seater. These should NEVER have been taken off the Chase line, for 2 car trips anyway, there's loads more seats and the standing area is better. Bring em back!

andy41

You have remembered the wires right?

Tony

Quote from: Bob on July 21, 2017, 10:45:11 AM
On class 150 to Hereford at new st. Looking at the seats I thought the legroom would be bad but I'm on a 3 seater and it's fine and I'm over 6ft and on a 3 seater. These should NEVER have been taken off the Chase line, for 2 car trips anyway, there's loads more seats and the standing area is better. Bring em back!

You must have shorter legs than me, because I cannot sit in them with my legs straight in front of me, and you try getting out of one on a packed train when you have to move two people out and squeeze past through the narrow isle to get off. I was travelling on them in the North West last month and even in the peak so few people actually use the middle seat, preferring to stand

Bob

Yes and it's not gonna be till around this time next year that the old 323s are running on there so for two car trips it'd be better! Two car 170s are ridiculous. 

And Tony I found the legroom better than a 323 and the interior nicer than a 153

Bob

Seriously though that 150 was much more pleasurable to travel on than any 170. It was quieter than a 153 good on acceleration and had an airy interior and no filthy stinking carpets. And for standees the door area is better laid out

BusFan94

I find the 150's nice why did LM get rid of most of them. Can't wait to sit on the 302 looking over the railway and seeing desires or 323's going down there
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

Tony

Quote from: BusFan94 on July 21, 2017, 08:03:16 PM
I find the 150's nice why did LM get rid of most of them. Can't wait to sit on the 302 looking over the railway and seeing desires or 323's going down there

You won't see any desiros, they haven't got SDO so cannot be used on the Chase line until all the platforms are extended

Bob

Yep so we're getting 323s which are old uncomfortable  ( worse legroom than 150s) and not air conditioned. Give me a Sprinter any day.  They didn't need to electrify the line really....  maximum 3 carriage trains after electrification then...sure there'll be more seats but it'll be an uncomfortable ride

Bob

How much quicker will a 323 make Hednesford to Brum?

Stuharris 6360

Is it my imagination or is this electrification taking forever, when is it due for completion.

Preston to Blackpool North which only was started late last year is due to be completed next year.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk