News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Showbus

Started by TinnedPeaches, September 07, 2012, 06:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinnedPeaches

Does anyone know to any local bus or coach operators taking passengers to Showbus in Duxford this year? I have a rather significant birthday approaching this month and promised I'd treat myself, but as part of my treat I don't want to drive down there.

midlandred2003

I read that Hansons are going.

Tomjusttom

TinnedPeaches

Thanks for the list to the link, Tom. I checked this out a few weeks ago when there were far fewer companies listed. I know that Dudley's Coaches are running an official trip, but no pick-ups anywhere near me. I also contacted central Buses to see if they were taking passengers, but they never got back to me.

Discodave

See no NXWM buses only older ones did you not try to get one to showbus tony?

MW

There's often an AG bus and a WA bus at Sjowbus. 4533 & 4534 have both been I think.

nx4737

Quote from: Michael on September 09, 2012, 07:44:21 AM
There's often an AG bus and a WA bus at Sjowbus. 4533 & 4534 have both been I think.

Surprised NX aren't taking a hybrid or B7RLE.

Discodave

Quote from: Michael on September 09, 2012, 07:44:21 AM

Thats why I asked Tony and just to add I thought my karma was bad what happened Michael?

nx4737

Couple of photos from Showbus today, though slightly lacking in WM stuff...

Travel West Midlands (Coventry) 3053 by NX4737, on Flickr

Diamond Coaches - LUI9693 by NX4737, on Flickr

RML2644 by NX4737, on Flickr

Adam :)

nitromatt1

Looking at the entry list on the Showbus website, the NX vehicles going this year are 5510, 5514 and 2077 from WN garage, along with 4894 from CV and of course 3225.

Vehicles from the past expected there include 1026, 1037, 1266, 1956, 2462, 2811, 2957, 2989 and 3053.

The full entry list can be found here: http://www.showbus.com/entry/entry2013.htm

The event will be held on Sunday 22nd September on Long Marston Airfield near Stratford-upon-Avon. Adult entry fee is £12, under 16s free.

Gareth

And a wealth of BCT and WMPTE buses too for those of us who prefer our buses in blue and cream.

Hopefully I'll be able to go depending on work. Maybe I'll see some of you there.

Rob H

I'll be going to this event (with my Mom & Dad) so look out for me I'll let you know what I'm wearing Sunday on Saturday the day before the event just in case any of you spot me ;) Plus I've noticed on the entry list ex 2205 is going aswell :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

nitromatt1

Me and Nath should be going, first Showbus for both of us! Can't wait. Plenty of Metrobuses there too

PM

I'm going to showbus as well first one for me as well! Think I'm gonna catch the train/X20 and then get the shuttle bus. Can't wait!

Rob H

Quote from: nitromatt1 on August 23, 2013, 07:06:40 PM
Me and Nath should be going, first Showbus for both of us! Can't wait. Plenty of Metrobuses there too

Its the first for me aswell ;) something always came up on the previous ones so looking forward to this one :) Hopefully we might spot each other ;)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk