News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Sandwell Travel

Started by Lukeee, September 05, 2012, 09:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discodave

Quote from: tank90 on December 31, 2012, 01:20:56 AM
What I find funny is that First stand block in Redditch's Bus Station which was why Red Diamond stopped there 55A and 56A because First layed over on the stand rather than the bay and it blocked up the Bus station and First didnt get into any trouble it was Diamond.
Sandwell shouldnt have done it but I can see why they may have done it.

It happens everywhere regardless of rules all operators are as bad but its the non dominant operator that gets the flack the thing is what would happen if someone was to compete in Cannock buses are just dumped on the stand as there is only one layover space in the station and the outer bay blocked off by coaches or taxis god help anyone trying to compete on pye greens they would never get on the stand

notepanel

Interestingly, Sandwell Travel appear to have accepted their punishment. They are coming off the 334 & 333X on the 31st and starting on the 56 (Brownhills West - Birmingham) and 40 (Walsall bus station - Willenhall) the next day. I understand the 40E can be operated at an hourly frequency with 1 bus, but I'd have thought the 41 between Walsall & New Invention would have been a more profitable choice.

Westy

Quote from: notepanel on January 28, 2013, 11:24:50 AM
Interestingly, Sandwell Travel appear to have accepted their punishment. They are coming off the 334 & 333X on the 31st and starting on the 56 (Brownhills West - Birmingham) and 40 (Walsall bus station - Willenhall) the next day. I understand the 40E can be operated at an hourly frequency with 1 bus, but I'd have thought the 41 between Walsall & New Invention would have been a more profitable choice.

And I bet there will be no printed timetables either!

As Ive said before, how do you expect to get passengers if you dont do publicity!

notepanel

Quote from: Westy on January 28, 2013, 12:01:42 PM
Quote from: notepanel on January 28, 2013, 11:24:50 AM

And I bet there will be no printed timetables either!

As Ive said before, how do you expect to get passengers if you dont do publicity!

Considering the whole reason they're coming out of Bradford Place and the TCs ruling, a timetable won't be much use anyway! Work on the assumption they will be a minute prior to the competitors bus!

mikestone

Those wonderful people at traveline still have Sandwell operating from Bradford Place.
;
They also show a Corporate Express service on the 335, but not 336 although a Tandi dart was seen arriving this afternoon - no mention on the new leaflet of cowboy operation on the 335/6.

bwsau cymru

going to be pointless on the 56 with one bus even 2 would be sill!!
campaigning for better transport for all

Dylan4579

Sandwell are still on the 80, and I have noticed new drivers

s-m-991

I have noticed that the 333X is now being showed on bus stops on Wolverhampton Street (by Art Gallery) and even Willenhall now has got them. Sandwell Travel still running it?

Westy

Quote from: s-m-991 on March 03, 2013, 09:53:00 AM
I have noticed that the 333X is now being showed on bus stops on Wolverhampton Street (by Art Gallery) and even Willenhall now has got them. Sandwell Travel still running it?

Sure I saw it on a Clarkes Lane stop, but cant remember what date!

notepanel

There was a plan to run the 40 as between Walsall & Wolverhampton at one point. Surely they are not going to run this using the 333X number!?

mikestone

Sort of - it's running from the bus station (stand N) via the Manor Hospital.  I was surprised to see one leaving Darlaston for Walsall and then when I got to Walsall the bus station was plastered with A4 notices directing passengers to stand N where there is a standard Centro timetable showing it.
It appears to be half hourly  requiring three vehicles, with one journey missing at lunch time, so presumably the 80 is cancelled.
;
Needless to say Centro has just got round to posting new timetables dated March 10 removing the 333X en route to Darlaston! 

notepanel

Quote from: mikestone on March 14, 2013, 07:47:24 PM
Sort of - it's running from the bus station (stand N) via the Manor Hospital.  I was surprised to see one leaving Darlaston for Walsall and then when I got to Walsall the bus station was plastered with A4 notices directing passengers to stand N where there is a standard Centro timetable showing it.
It appears to be half hourly  requiring three vehicles, with one journey missing at lunch time, so presumably the 80 is cancelled.
;
Needless to say Centro has just got round to posting new timetables dated March 10 removing the 333X en route to Darlaston!

So is it effectively running the old 331 route, or is it operating via the Manor to rejoin the Wednesbury Road to Darlaston, from where it follows the 333 route to Willenhall?

Solo1

I though Sandwell Travel was only allowed to run 2 buses

mikestone

From the Manor via Pleck and then the 333 route.

Dylan4579

Must've started it cause i aint seen a yellow dart

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk