News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Banga buses

Started by Liberator9, April 08, 2012, 09:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

Two days ago I travelled to Bilston on the 34 and saw some Banga buses. However the two I saw were unusual. They were larger and one I saw was a Optare delta I think. he next one was parked up at the bus station was of medium size and in the yellow livery. I do not know what type it was. Can anyone enlighten me?

Tomjusttom

They've recently had a trio of ex National Express Optare Solos

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liberator9

No it wasn't a Optare Solo, it was a older larger bus and also the other one was what looked like a Optare Sigma.

Stu

They must have acquired some new (!) buses then. Maybe Tony can find out more?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

no, not Banga, are you sure these bigger vehicles were not the all yellow Wolverhampton City Council buses

Ossie

QuoteThe next one was parked up at the bus station was of medium size and in the yellow livery.

Following on from Tony's post, Wolverhampton City Council YJ54ZXX (Oe B33F and basically yellow!) is frequently on the free town centre shuttle service, and passes through the Bus Station regularly .....  they have a similar vehicle ZXY as well, but I've only ever seen ZXX on the shuttle.

SMK

Was it one of these?: http://wmbusphotos.com/Wolvescouncil/wcc_5204.html
If it was a WCC vehicle I have to wonder why it'd be in Bilston Bus Station.
I recall I used to see a similar looking vehicle (not sure if it was a WCC-owned) dropping off school kids at the old Bilston Leisure Centre.
Maybe it was waiting at the bus station after dropping the kids off at the new Leisure Centre?
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

Liberator9

Afraid its not any of the Wolvehampton council buses. I'm sure the bus had a blue stripe and it didn't have a DAF body. Perhaps they've got some "new" additions.

Tony

Yellow with a blue strip in Bilston Bus Station?

Sandwell Travel Dart is the answer. Certainly wasn't Banga if it was bigger than a merc

Liberator9

Thats the one Tony. Thanks, they do look similar to Banga though!

Liberator9

winston

Banga appear to be increasing competition with NXWM, launching on WN route 26 from 17th Sept

PD1078264/1 - RAJINDER BANGA T/A BANGA BUSES, 4 VICARAGE ROAD, ALLSAINTS, WOLVERHAMPTON, WV2 1DT
        Variation Accepted: Operating between Wolverhampton and Codsall given service number 535 effective from 17-Sep-2013. To amend Route, Stopping Places and Timetable.

PD1078264/6 - RAJINDER BANGA T/A BANGA BUSES, 4 VICARAGE ROAD, ALLSAINTS, WOLVERHAMPTON, WV2 1DT
        Variation Accepted: Operating between Wolverhampton, Queen Street and Codsall, Bakers Way given service number 634 effective from 17-Sep-2013. To amend Route, Stopping Places and Timetable.

PD1078264/7 - RAJINDER BANGA T/A BANGA BUSES, 4 VICARAGE ROAD, ALLSAINTS, WOLVERHAMPTON, WV2 1DT
        Registration Accepted
        Starting Point: Wolverhampton, Queen Street
        Finish Point: Bilston Bus Station
        Via:
        Service Number: 26
        Service Type: Normal Stopping
        Effective Date: 17-SEP-2013
        Other Details: Mondays to Fridays except bank holidays.

Trident 4609

Great! Another Banga service clogging Up Queen Street!Banga regually block buses like the 59 trying to pass.

Anyway enough moaning good to see Banga starting up on other routes .I wonder if they have enough buses or if they buy some more

winston

Quote from: Trident 4609 on July 29, 2013, 09:35:53 AM
Anyway enough moaning good to see Banga starting up on other routes .I wonder if they have enough buses or if they buy some more

I guess it depends on whether the timetables changes to the 535 & 634 will allow buses to be re-deployed off those routes, if not additional buses may well need to be sourced

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk