News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

London Northwestern Railway

Started by Stu, December 10, 2017, 05:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

London Northwestern Railway (part of West Midlands Trains Ltd) will replace London Midland's west coast services for the next West Midlands rail franchise, which starts on 10 December.

London Northwestern is designed to reflect the increasing economic power and growth of the north western corridor – whilst placing the west midlands at its heart.

The new brand presents a contemporary take on the original heritage of the line, representing a credible alternative to existing operators, with a company parentage that includes international railway operators of Holland and Japan.

All remaining London Midland services, operating in and around Birmingham, will be rebranded to West Midlands Railway. This brand was announced last year, after being created by the West Midlands Combined Authority to better serve its local customer base.

Read full article here

New website now available here: https://www.londonnorthwesternrailway.co.uk/
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

350373 is the 350 in LNWR livery. Today it is on Euston Northampton locals, so not coming to the West Midalnds

Tony

For anyone interested 350373, the unit in LNWR livery is booked to do the 11:49 Euston-Birmingham (due 14:02) and the 14:14 return. it will then do the 16:46 Euston-Crewe

DJ

It seems they haven't managed to reprogram all the 350's automatic announcements yet, as the one I was on earlier from New Street to Coventry said "Thank you for travelling with London Midland", right before before the guard said a a message which he ended with London Northwestern. Surely it must be a little confusing for the average customer?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Tony

Gareth

Quote from: DJ98 on December 13, 2017, 09:59:35 PM
Surely it must be a little confusing for the average customer?

You'll more than likely find that the average passenger doesn't notice and doesn't care. Ultimately they want to know that the train on the platform when they get on the train is going where they are going and that it's on time. Colour and fleetname is just background noise.

DJ

Quote from: Gareth on December 14, 2017, 06:36:49 AM
You'll more than likely find that the average passenger doesn't notice and doesn't care. Ultimately they want to know that the train on the platform when they get on the train is going where they are going and that it's on time. Colour and fleetname is just background noise.

It's more than just background noise when you have tickets just for certain operators - you'll have people with tickets that say London Northwestern only, but a train turns up with London Midland branding and the onboard announcements say London Midland too.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Kevin

Quote from: DJ98 on December 14, 2017, 09:27:04 AM
It's more than just background noise when you have tickets just for certain operators - you'll have people with tickets that say London Northwestern only, but a train turns up with London Midland branding and the onboard announcements say London Midland too.

Just throwing it out there, but it'd be impossible to repaint / brand / reconfigure announcements on every single train in their fleet in just 4 days...
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

The Real 4778

Quote from: Kevin on December 14, 2017, 01:59:20 PM
Just throwing it out there, but it'd be impossible to repaint / brand / reconfigure announcements on every single train in their fleet in just 4 days...

Public address software update could be done in a couple of days/ nights TBH.
Don't you start.

mikestone

Any suggestion Crewe or West Midlands depots  are to learn cl.319? 319012 and 319220 have been at Crewe for some time, one or both have been tyre turned and 319012 has  had a damaged/missing cab door replaced .

Rob H

@mikestone From what I've just read on Wikipedia WMT have leased 319012 & 319220 on a temporary basis while they get their 350/1's and 350/3's refurbished 8)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Tony

Quote from: Rob2832 on December 19, 2017, 08:49:31 PM
@mikestone From what I've just read on Wikipedia WMT have leased 319012 & 319220 on a temporary basis while they get their 350/1's and 350/3's refurbished 8)

They are taking 8 more in total

The Real 4778

Quote from: Tony on December 21, 2017, 10:05:43 AM
They are taking 8 more in total

To cover 8 units away for refurbishment - simultaneously - is a massive ask for UK workshop capacity at the moment.  I can only think that the work is being split between multiple locations.
Don't you start.

Tony

Quote from: The Real 4778 on December 21, 2017, 02:23:12 PM
To cover 8 units away for refurbishment - simultaneously - is a massive ask for UK workshop capacity at the moment.  I can only think that the work is being split between multiple locations.

I think the first two may be cover for corrosion repairs taking place on the 350/2 at Long marston, so only 6 of the 350/1 away at a time.

The other accident damage car from the Hanslope collision is due back from germany soon to pair up with the three stored 350/2 carriages at Northampton as well

Bob

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk