News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Crikey, what happened to the bus fleet (Brum 9 and 12x routes?)

Started by Typhoon2000, September 22, 2017, 05:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: MW on September 24, 2017, 07:44:56 PM
Try 4508. That's the best 45xx I've driven. It's a screamer if you get the right driver.
Lol, I rode it a WB a while ago, it sounds the same as any other Gemini, unless AG have gave it a transplant  :P

MW

Quote from: Jack on September 24, 2017, 07:46:34 PM
Lol, I rode it a WB a while ago, it sounds the same as any other Gemini, unless AG have gave it a transplant  :P

It's a mint one. The steering wheel when I last drove it two years ago was brand new, all the controls felt light, the drivers seat was bang on, the cab was clean and it pulled strong. The cooling fans worked properly. So they'd basically come on and come off. It's a fast one. I remember rallying it up Marsh Hill on the C lol. Entering Marsh Hill at 30mph and having the fortune of nobody wanting to get on or off and by the time you get into Erdington, the thing is roaring. Lol

Jack

Quote from: MW on September 24, 2017, 07:59:50 PM
It's a mint one. The steering wheel when I last drove it two years ago was brand new, all the controls felt light, the drivers seat was bang on, the cab was clean and it pulled strong. The cooling fans worked properly. So they'd basically come on and come off. It's a fast one. I remember rallying it up Marsh Hill on the C lol. Entering Marsh Hill at 30mph and having the fortune of nobody wanting to get on or off and by the time you get into Erdington, the thing is roaring. Lol
Will have to go hunt it down soon then lol. 4529 is my favourite 45** at AG. Closely followed by 4503/4/5/6/.

Ronnoc

Quote from: MW on September 24, 2017, 07:59:50 PM
Lol I still remember you overtaking me in 4698 with fans roaring and with kickdown.

Ian Hardy

Quote from: 2206 on September 23, 2017, 11:29:37 PM
What's the difference between a Gemini 3 and a streetdeck?
From what I can see the Gemini 3 is the offering on the Volvo chasis.
NX have Wright Streetdecks on the 9 in Birmingham not Volvo Gemini 3s?

The Wright Streetdeck is a complete bus (both the body and chassis) built by Wrights: whereas the Gemini 3 is a Wright's body (very similar to the Streetdeck body) but on a Volvo B5LH or B5TL chassis:

Ian Hardy

MW

Quote from: Ronnoc on September 24, 2017, 09:40:20 PM
Lol I still remember you overtaking me in 4698 with fans roaring and with kickdown.

Ah you missed a trip there Ronnoc. Keep your eyes peeled on the Solihull Signatures lol

The Real 4778

Quote from: MW on September 23, 2017, 03:43:56 PM
Sounds like some of you are talking about the design and some of you are talking about wualityZ

What is wualityZ, can I ask?
Don't you start.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk