News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham BusBash - Sunday 10th September 2017.

Started by 2206, August 26, 2017, 10:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Another vehicle that will hopefully be making it's public debut repainted is training trident 4131

DJ

Quote from: Tony on September 04, 2017, 07:16:54 PM
Another vehicle that will hopefully be making it's public debut repainted is training trident 4131

Will any of the training trident's be getting a conversion similar to the Metrobuses, where the staircase is removed and replaced with a window?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Quote from: DJ98 on September 04, 2017, 11:36:12 PM
Will any of the training trident's be getting a conversion similar to the Metrobuses, where the staircase is removed and replaced with a window?
It's already been said many times that the staircases are not being removed.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

DJ

Quote from: 2206 on September 04, 2017, 11:38:24 PM

Alright, I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere, so I asked a question... :/

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Mike K

Quote from: 2206 on September 04, 2017, 11:38:24 PM

Steady on chap, not everybody has the time or inclination to read every post on this forum. I myself tend to avoid the training buses thread as far as possible as I have no desire to know that a Mercedes trainer has been seen on Bloxwich High Street.

Tony

There's adequate space on modern buses to fit the training seat without completely blocking the aisle where there wasn't on Metrobuses. This is because DDA buses have to have a certain width entrance and aisle for wheelchairs

Westy

Quote from: Mike K on September 05, 2017, 02:10:49 PM
Steady on chap, not everybody has the time or inclination to read every post on this forum. I myself tend to avoid the training buses thread as far as possible as I have no desire to know that a Mercedes trainer has been seen on Bloxwich High Street.

Must admit I normally see the ex gas bus trainers round there.

Havent seen the Mercedes!

Jack

Quote from: Westy on September 05, 2017, 07:16:16 PM
Must admit I normally see the ex gas bus trainers round there.

Havent seen the Mercedes!
Round by me I see a variation of B10's/Ultras and 1689. I haven't seen the Ultras that much lately.

Tony

Quote from: Sandy Lane on September 02, 2017, 09:09:05 AM
Sure will be there. Looking like a very good day.

More entries still coming in. TrentBarton should be sending a bus, and 2912 was added to the likely list today. 1415 has had some work finished so is now very likely. Possibly over 50 vehicles now

Solo1

Is there an up to date list of what buses are going to cannon hill bus bash

Tony

If all goes to plan the company line up of vehicles will be (in this order)
61xx (from YW exact number not known yet)
477x (from CV exact number not know yet)
55xx (from BC exact number not know yet)
428x (from PB exact number not know yet)
478x (from PB exact number not know yet)
18xx (from BY exact number not know yet)
17xx (from WA exact number not know yet)
22xx (from AG exact number not know yet)

As well as being a unique line up of all 16 types of bus currently in passenger service with NX individual parts of the line up will include E400s side by side in three different liveries, all three types of Wrights DD body side by side. double and single deck Scanias together, rare chance for both types of E200 side by side, both types of Hybrid together, and bith types of ALX400 together.
3225 will also be attending as the control point as will new training livery trident 4131 as a recruitment vehicle.

The shuttle service will hopefully be reserve 4181 & 4183 so possibly last chance to ride on those two vehicles. 4181 hasn't moved for two weeks, so not definite on that one!

Solo1

What about the other buses that are non nxbus  what will be there

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on September 08, 2017, 10:36:42 AM
What about the other buses that are non nxbus  what will be there

Just come and see. I'm not going to list private vehicles because if any don't make it for any reason I'll only get moans "You said xxxx was coming where is it?"

Solo1

Tony

One vehicle that the owner has just asked to come today is (subject to all the usual conditions about it actually arriving) the preserved MCW 400GT. The best type of vehicle ever made in my opinion, so worthy of a mention in its own right!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk