News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Velo bike ride 24th September

Started by karl724223, August 17, 2017, 04:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl724223

Advanced warning major diversions and road closures on this day due  to a 100 mile bike ride
Many pensnett routes will be on major diversions going nowhere near where they should go
X10 and 9 will be grately affected also Halesowen will not see a bus for nearly all day
Hagley road closed as well so all services on there will be affected
You have been warned!!

Quote from: karl724223 on August 17, 2017, 04:27:35 PM
Advanced warning major diversions and road closures on this day due  to a 100 mile bike ride
Many pensnett routes will be on major diversions going nowhere near where they should go
X10 and 9 will be grately affected also Halesowen will not see a bus for nearly all day
Hagley road closed as well so all services on there will be affected
You have been warned!!
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/temporary-diversions/birmingham-velo-cycle-event-bus-diversion-
So how will it work?
Will the 9 just not operate all morning then @karl724223?
As the website the website says, "•Service 9 will not serve A458 from Stourbridge to Broad Street, 05:00-11:30"
Or will it still operate using a route as close to the normal line of route as possible, if that is possible?

Does anyone know the diversion for the 11 between the City Hospital and Harborne?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

I think its fair to say that if you're not taking part in this bike ride event, you may as well just stay at home all day, as you're going to struggle to get around anywhere!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

karl724223

The 9 will be running and it will be going to some interesting places getting to brum totally off route and nowhere near the 9 route
This bike ride is going to cause so much problems for so many people
Ps I'm on day off

Quote from: karl724223 on August 17, 2017, 07:04:07 PM
The 9 will be running and it will be going to some interesting places getting to brum totally off route and nowhere near the 9 route
This bike ride is going to cause so much problems for so many people
Ps I'm on day off
This will be interesting to see.
In the morning the 9 will only be serving the two terminus points.  So it just  be operating express between the two points?
http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/wmtis/XSLT_ADDINFO_REQUEST?filterInfoID=3730_Centro

I can see there being lots of unhappy passengers on the Morning of Sunday 24th when there bus doesn't turn up, or isn't going were they want to go.

Quote from: Stu on August 17, 2017, 06:54:38 PM
I think its fair to say that if you're not taking part in this bike ride event, you may as well just stay at home all day, as you're going to struggle to get around anywhere!
Not everyone will be able to do that though. I just hope this is well advertised.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

I Believe all Hagley Roads Services will Be using the City Road & Dudley Road In and out of City.

the trainbasher

Whoever decided to allow this absolute pain in the backside of an event needs shooting, forthwith.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

mikestone

Lets hope the prosecution of this arrogant clown who killed a woman in London will see an end to this constant kow-towing to the cycling lobby.

dingding

karl724223

Already complaints about this farce on local bbc news tonight

karl724223

Notes being put on bus stops Hagley road about road closures and bus stops not in use for the farce 24/9/17

karl724223

Signs been put up around Halesowen and Hagley road warning of major disruption with the times of road closures on them

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: mikestone on August 19, 2017, 10:30:08 AM
Lets hope the prosecution of this arrogant clown who killed a woman in London will see an end to this constant kow-towing to the cycling lobby.

This is what annoys me, when anything happens it is always somebody elses fault except the cyclist.

Have seen it in London, to cyclists a red light means nothing except it's a different colour than green, they think that they own the road and it is totally wrong. In my opinion everyone who uses the road is equally responsible as everyone else for there actions, however it does seem that Theresa May has said that laws may change after this particular case.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

the trainbasher

The event is a RPITA and all cyclists taking part should be shot on sight imo bloody idiots clogging up the road!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Mike K

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 08, 2017, 10:52:21 PM
The event is a RPITA and all cyclists taking part should be shot on sight imo bloody idiots clogging up the road!

Whilst not disputing that it will be a pain in the backside (I won't be able to get off our cul de sac by car as it will be blocked off all day), to be fair it will raise a lot of money for charity.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk