News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bendies on the 4

Started by Isobel6725, June 03, 2017, 09:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twi

Quote from: Coventry Transport Dude on October 26, 2017, 09:02:51 PM
After attending what i heard was the brilliant Birmingham Big Bus Bash event in Cannon Hill Park last month (which i unfortunately couldn't get to, much to my annoyance !), its good to see that 6020 has made yet another trip out beyond the City Of Coventry's boundary, although i'd never in a million years expect it to venture as far north as Preston ? (Got to be the furthest distance one from Cov has traveled to i reckon, unless anyone else knows different ?).

A group of us did all travel once to the Sandwell Rally on 6018 when the Bus was relatively new, although it got bogged down in the wet soil there and so we were late leaving the Park there that day, as we had to get towed out !  The Rally Plaque from that event is supposed to be fitted up in its Cab still and i'll have to have a look at that before the Bus ends up being withdrawn from service, which i guess is only a matter of time now ???

Wonder if anyone will ever be brave enough to preserve one of these Bendi-buses and if so (out of curiosity ?), how much would one actually cost to buy ???

Current value im told is around 15k but to ever run one would be totally prohibitive, i'm told repairs to 6019 for instance is in the region of 20k the biggest cost on these busses is the turntable.
knowing the coventry bendies well i'm very surprised they even attempted to take one that far away, i was not aware it had gone there so no idea who took it and how

MW

Quote from: Twi on October 28, 2017, 11:10:29 PM
Current value im told is around 15k but to ever run one would be totally prohibitive, i'm told repairs to 6019 for instance is in the region of 20k the biggest cost on these busses is the turntable.
knowing the coventry bendies well i'm very surprised they even attempted to take one that far away, i was not aware it had gone there so no idea who took it and how

Judging by the photos of 6019 and in and around Preston, it was Tony

winston

Quote from: MW on October 28, 2017, 11:36:22 PM
Judging by the photos of 6019 and in and around Preston, it was Tony

It was 6020 that Tony took to Preston

Sandy Lane

Fame at last for Tony,
NXC press release

One of National Express Coventry's famous bendibuses was spotted recently on the streets of Preston.

The Midlands vehicle was running around the Lancashire city as part of an investigation into possible tram services. Because it's roughly the same length as the proposed trams, the bendibus was used to test how such a vehicle would affect major junctions in Preston.

National Express West Midlands' Tony xxxxxxxx took bendibus 6020 up north on its day trip. 

He said: "I think the Preston team were pleased with the results. 
"And I was very impressed with our bendibus - it did over 240 miles on the motorway and ran the whole day in Preston without a single problem. Thanks to our Coventry engineers for getting it shipshape for me.

"As well as being an unusual day out for me, I think we also confused some local bus enthusiasts!" 

Published 8th November 2017
http://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/news/cov-bendibus-escapes-to-preston-disguised-as-a-tram

Twi

Thats nice kinda proud to be a Bendi bus driver now :))

Michael Bevan

Only 6014 and 6018 are out today.

Twi

Bendi status

6014 in service
6015 off road (seized rear brakes possibly, maybe the end for this its not being worked on just parked up)
6017 off road (engine failure RIP)
6018 in service
6020 off road (parked up with 6015 and 6021 probable RIP)
6021 of road (parked up with 6020 and 6015 Probable RIP)

the current forecast is bendi's will be gone in 2 weeks this seems accurate as the off road bendi's are not being worked on

Jack

Quote from: Twi on November 25, 2017, 09:45:46 PM
Bendi status

6014 in service
6015 off road (seized rear brakes possibly, maybe the end for this its not being worked on just parked up)
6017 off road (engine failure RIP)
6018 in service
6020 off road (parked up with 6015 and 6021 probable RIP)
6021 of road (parked up with 6020 and 6015 Probable RIP)

the current forecast is bendi's will be gone in 2 weeks this seems accurate as the off road bendi's are not being worked on
Ahh poor 6020. My favourite Bendi Citaro. Will have to venture to Coventry next week to have a final ride on the last two on 4. (If they don't die)!

Twi

Not sure if it means anything but 6020 has been moved from its place parked with 6021 and 6015 to a repair bay so maybe this one will return

Tony

Quote from: Twi on December 02, 2017, 07:22:27 PM
Not sure if it means anything but 6020 has been moved from its place parked with 6021 and 6015 to a repair bay so maybe this one will return

6020 & 6021 both have 'VI' defects (thing found on their 4 weekly inspection), nothing major wrong with them.

Eric Shaw

6014 the only bendy out on the 4 today, together with 7 Tridents including red and white liveried 4142.

Tony

Quote from: Eric Shaw on December 06, 2017, 08:20:52 PM
6014 the only bendy out on the 4 today, together with 7 Tridents including red and white liveried 4142.

6018 is out at the moment

Coventry Transport Dude

Many thanks to you "Eric Shaw" and to "Tony" for posting on here, what Bendi-buses are out and about on the 4 route, as it's much appreciated !  I really wish i'd come on here and read your message a lot sooner Tony regarding 6018, as i would no-doubt have popped out for a run out on it tonight, but unfortunately it's a bit late for me to do so now ? ("DAMN IT" !!!lol).  I've got to go down to Holbrooks in the morning, which fortunately is where the No.4 Bus happens to venture to, so fingers crossed that 6018 (and maybe one or two more Bendi's ?) will be out in service tomorrow ??? ("FINGERS CROSSED" !).

Anyway, thanks again guys for your appreciated Bendi-bus information and just in case i don't get to see any at all tomorrow, then please keep your info / sightings of them posted on here, as time is fast running out now for me to be able to get out and go for a nostalgic trip or two on them !!!!!

JoNi

6014 went past primark towards Arena 09:15ish.
If you're going out don't forget your anorak.

Tony

Quote from: JoNi on December 07, 2017, 10:10:57 AM
6014 went past primark towards Arena 09:15ish.
If you're going out don't forget your anorak.

6018 also out again today

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk