News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Mayoral Elections 4/5/17 transport manifestos

Started by BK63 YWP, May 02, 2017, 12:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: Tony on May 08, 2017, 08:11:46 PM
He's just said his two first priorities are helping the homeless and trying to sort out the worst congestions spots. I can't criticise having those as priorities.

Yes Tony and he supports selling off social housing, so I can't really reconcile the two....Birmingham is disgusting now your tripping over them of a morning walking to work from new st some of them beg a bit aggressively as well. It's a shame for them though.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Sandy Lane on May 07, 2017, 05:26:29 PM
His £1 million pound Conservative election funding has found him a job for 3 years.

Looking forward to him massively improving public transport in Coventry.
Ps. Andy, Coventry can be found to the east of Birmingham heading towards Rugby.
Let us see what the new Mayor delivers on public transport during his term. Suggest this topic runs for 3 years. Then note which schemes are his and not stuff created by others before he came on the scene.

Tony

Quote from: Bob on May 09, 2017, 05:08:04 AM
Yes Tony and he supports selling off social housing, so I can't really reconcile the two....Birmingham is disgusting now your tripping over them of a morning walking to work from new st some of them beg a bit aggressively as well. It's a shame for them though.

Social housing isn't the problem with people on the streets in Bimringham though Bob. How many of those if offered a council flat would actually take it and pay the rent?

These people initially need somewhere free to go and help with addictions before they even get close to normal social housing.

Bob

Housing benefit pay the rent and as the tories have cut drug and alcohol support....

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Tony on May 09, 2017, 08:01:15 AM
Social housing isn't the problem with people on the streets in Bimringham though Bob. How many of those if offered a council flat would actually take it and pay the rent?

These people initially need somewhere free to go and help with addictions before they even get close to normal social housing.

Nice to show compassion for your fellow human, let alone the opportunity to rejoin the human race. Still, at least Street didn't squander his million on something of use, like a shelter or similar for those poor sods.

I wonder how long the queue for council housing is now? Still, somehow that's one question I doubt he won't strive to solve...

Sandy Lane

Copied from Tony's NX Group trading statement piece -

We look forward to working constructively with the new West Midlands Mayor to deliver ever-improving services and tackle congestion.

Sounds positive!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk