News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wednesbury to Brierley Hill: work starts next year

Started by Stu, October 04, 2016, 07:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Anbody any ideas if they are further forward with this plan, or is it going to die a death?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stu

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 12, 2017, 03:56:38 PM
Anbody any ideas if they are further forward with this plan, or is it going to die a death?

It's definitely going ahead. Planning permission was granted back in 2009, and the business case was resubmitted in June this year in order to secure 'Devolution Deal' funding from the government. Vegetation was cleared back in January to allow for environmental and structural surveys.

More info: http://www.metroalliance.co.uk/wednesbury-brierley-hill/
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

karl724223

DJ

Quote from: Stu on August 12, 2017, 04:33:58 PM
It's definitely going ahead. Planning permission was granted back in 2009, and the business case was resubmitted in June this year in order to secure 'Devolution Deal' funding from the government. Vegetation was cleared back in January to allow for environmental and structural surveys.

More info: http://www.metroalliance.co.uk/wednesbury-brierley-hill/

It hasn't been completely cleared yet, there's still a lot of vegetation on the tracks around Dudley area. I do remember a lot of work being done though a few months ago, especially on the area next to the Zoo car park.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

karl724223

Colus rail engineers surveyors been up Dudley bus station today surveying the back end of the bus station. Private car park and hall st  King st junction

DJ

Quote from: karl724223 on August 24, 2017, 07:16:22 PM
Colus rail engineers surveyors been up Dudley bus station today surveying the back end of the bus station. Private car park and hall st  King st junction

I noticed some surveyors on the 22nd on my way into the Bus Station outside the old Zoo entrance, guessing it's the same people as it's along the planned route into the Bus Station.

karl724223

Quote from: DJ98 on August 24, 2017, 07:32:36 PM
I noticed some surveyors on the 22nd on my way into the Bus Station outside the old Zoo entrance, guessing it's the same people as it's along the planned route into the Bus Station.
same lot as been down cinder bank section and holly hall bridge by x96 route

karl724223

Same lot been surveying around merry hill level st today ( Thursday )

karl724223

Workmen surveying level st and waterfront car parks today

tc

mark114

This extension should of opened a long time ago but now we all have to wait until 2023 sadly a lot can happen in 6 years but I guess time will tell because Dudley needs this as the traffic around there is just going from bad to worse

Westy

Any news whether the Golds Hill Way stop is still provisional, because that will come in handy for our company's depot there?

(After 4 months at the depot by Hartshornes, Im moving, with the rest of the staff, back down there end of February!)

BK63 YWP

Any news on any developments? I saw some people on the potential line by castle gate line a few months back
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

DJ

There were workers on the line near Dudley Port yesterday around midday, could possibly be more clearance work but it's hard to tell.

Ginger66

The oldline in wednesbury back of meteo depot has been ripped up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk