News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

London Underground

Started by Stuharris 6360, May 23, 2015, 07:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Since we don't appear to have a thread for discussion on London Underground, have started one.

For anyone who is interested, copies of working timetables for the underground are available here.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/publications-and-reports/working-timetables

You will need Adobe Reader to view them.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

JoNi

Night tube map launched today.
Link to Tfl site which covers full implications of running all night services.

www.tfl.gov.uk/nighttube

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: JoNi on June 22, 2015, 08:14:34 PM
Night tube map launched today.
Link to Tfl site which covers full implications of running all night services.

www.tfl.gov.uk/nighttube

London certainly needs an all night tube service, night bus routes are struggling to cater with demand at certain times.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

JoNi

Cardiff buses have done something similar on the co er of their xmas timetable
https://www.flickr.com/gp/92409298@N06/74H7f9

Stuharris 6360

Am speechless on this one, instead of spending money to improve services, they decided to change the type face of the London Underground logo, sadly it very hard to spot the difference.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36525214

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 14, 2016, 08:06:15 PM
Am speechless on this one, instead of spending money to improve services, they decided to change the type face of the London Underground logo, sadly it very hard to spot the difference.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36525214

I am of a different opinion to you. I am glad that you cannot tell the difference, that font is iconic and one of the most easily read fonts ever used anywhere in the world. They could have not spent the money adapting it to the modern age and just used one of the bog standard ones, but a lot of history and readability would have been lost

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on June 14, 2016, 08:22:01 PM
I am of a different opinion to you. I am glad that you cannot tell the difference, that font is iconic and one of the most easily read fonts ever used anywhere in the world. They could have not spent the money adapting it to the modern age and just used one of the bog standard ones, but a lot of history and readability would have been lost

Exactly @Tony , the font is iconic, it's as much a part of London as the London Red Bus, but to me if there ain't anything wrong, don't try and fix it. Spending money to bring it into the 21st century that could be used on more important projects doesn't make sense.

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 14, 2016, 09:10:33 PM
Exactly @Tony , the font is iconic, it's as much a part of London as the London Red Bus, but to me if there ain't anything wrong, don't try and fix it. Spending money to bring it into the 21st century that could be used on more important projects doesn't make sense.

As it says, all they have done is add things like #  &  @  and a slightly thinner version for mobile versions of their website, how do you show an email address without a @

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on June 14, 2016, 09:12:42 PM
As it says, all they have done is add things like #  &  @  and a slightly thinner version for mobile versions of their website, how do you show an email address without a @

True @Tony , but then they have managed to do without @ & and # for many years, so why the sudden change. The internet and emails were not invented yesterday.

Stuharris 6360

Was in London last night and decided to make 2 journeys on the Victoria Line, have to say that I wonder where they got the figures from that last weekend, the first weekend of Night Tube, 100k used the service.

Both journeys I travelled on had a few people board at a few stops, but quite a number of stops had knowbody.

Stood by the door to observe loadings at Kings Cross, Euston, Green Park & Victoria , and Euston on the journey to Brixton had the most people, 14!

Either Saturday must be a lot busier or last weeks figures were inaccurate or people are preferring the bus?

JoNi

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: JoNi on August 27, 2016, 09:09:07 PM
What time did you travel?

First journey was around 1:30am from Walthamstow Central to Brixton and then 3:30am from Brixton to Walthamstow.

markcf83

I would suspect that anyone on the Tube after about 3am may well have the train virtually to themselves. Anytime before then could well be busy. Incidentally the Jubilee line begins its night service in early October with dates for the Piccadilly and Northern lines to be confirmed but definitely before December.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

JoNi

This Friday sees the last D stock train operating on the District Line.

It is apparently to operate as train 4.
If so the departure times are

Upminster 06:24
Richmond 08:06
Upminster 09:53
Richmond 11:34
Upminster 13:13
Richmond 14:54
Upminster 16:35
Arrive Ealing Broadway at 18:12 then to depot

Information provided in good faith!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk