News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Hansons

Started by Mike360, June 06, 2012, 03:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonic84

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 28, 2017, 03:57:35 PM
Still think it is such a shame that a good bus company is sadly having to be sold. Certainly bus services around the Stourbridge area won't be the same anymore​.

Certainly I now fear for the continuation of certain of Hanson's routes.

Yes I agree. Once Diamond took over Ludlows they chopped and changed so many routes that they had to be subsidised. They only operate the 002, 4H and 202.

They messed around with the 004, 006, 007 and 230 so much that they were withdrawn or chopped up into smaller tendered services.

Kevin

I wish them well but you can count me among the group of people that now fear for the state of some routes - Hansons have built up a decent name for themselves in that area

Perhaps too early to speculate on things but you do wonder what would happen to any commercial ventures of theirs, my mind immediately thinks the 004, as Diamond of course run the 002 and over the years haven't seemed to be in any hurry to ruin that, maybe they would see the potential to at least keep the 004 going
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

BusFan94

Quote from: Kevin on July 28, 2017, 06:50:57 PM
I wish them well but you can count me among the group of people that now fear for the state of some routes - Hansons have built up a decent name for themselves in that area

Perhaps too early to speculate on things but you do wonder what would happen to any commercial ventures of theirs, my mind immediately thinks the 004, as Diamond of course run the 002 and over the years haven't seemed to be in any hurry to ruin that, maybe they would see the potential to at least keep the 004 going
I've ridden Hansons once and no it was not the bus Sandwell travel loaned I rode them on the 288 and 004 it was ages ago now and I thought I hope they do well I'm a bit sad I never rode them more and will be sad to see them go.
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

PM

Quote from: sonic84 on July 28, 2017, 06:45:44 PM
Yes I agree. Once Diamond took over Ludlows they chopped and changed so many routes that they had to be subsidised. They only operate the 002, 4H and 202.

They messed around with the 004, 006, 007 and 230 so much that they were withdrawn or chopped up into smaller tendered services.

But the 002/old 417 are now on far higher frequencies, have evening and Sunday services plus earlier morning journeys. The old 006 forms part of the 4H loop and wasn't viable when TGB tried to bring it back. The core part of the 007 hasn't been viable even when ran by First as the 147. The 202 is largely unchanged, 230 and 004 were interworked iirc and 004 cut back Harborne-Halesowen, perhaps not entirely the right decision with hindsight.

fleetline6477

When does this takeover take effect from?

sonic84

Quote from: fleetline6477 on July 28, 2017, 07:27:57 PM
When does this takeover take effect from?

It is on the Hansons website that the takeover takes place from today.

http://www.hansonslocalbus.co.uk/product.asp?id=37

Not sure if the link will work.

PM

Quote from: sonic84 on July 28, 2017, 07:37:10 PM
It is on the Hansons website that the takeover takes place from today.

http://www.hansonslocalbus.co.uk/product.asp?id=37

Not sure if the link will work.

It looks as if for the moment the two operation will be managed standalone before integration, as Diamond's website directs passengers to Hanson's Phone number and email

http://diamondbuses.com/news/RotalaPlcpurchasesHansonsLocalBus_612.html

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: PM on July 28, 2017, 09:19:00 PM
It looks as if for the moment the two operation will be managed standalone before integration, as Diamond's website directs passengers to Hanson's Phone number and email

http://diamondbuses.com/news/RotalaPlcpurchasesHansonsLocalBus_612.html

Presume they can't do anything until the services have been cancelled under the Hansons registration and registered to Diamond.

Was heartbroken when I read the news on Facebook this afternoon, at first thought it was some kind of joke.

I am just fearful that routes like the 228 which Hansons have built up from scratch will be neglected, it's a shame they couldn't have hung it out a little more to see if the market changed and things picked up a bit.

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

PM

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 28, 2017, 10:09:10 PM
Presume they can't do anything until the services have been cancelled under the Hansons registration and registered to Diamond.

Was heartbroken when I read the news on Facebook this afternoon, at first thought it was some kind of joke.

I am just fearful that routes like the 228 which Hansons have built up from scratch will be neglected, it's a shame they couldn't have hung it out a little more to see if the market changed and things picked up a bit.

I reckon there's scope to simplify the services to Kinver 227/228/296 into one more easy to understand Merry Hill to Kinver service via Stourbridge.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: PM on July 28, 2017, 10:20:30 PM
I reckon there's scope to simplify the services to Kinver 227/228/296 into one more easy to understand Merry Hill to Kinver service via Stourbridge.

Well the 296 only runs a very limited service and the number could do with freeing up so NE can renumber the X96, the 227 is for the short journeys between Stourbridge and Kinver which could be renumbered 228 (short journeys between Merry Hill and Stourbridge are classified as 228).
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

sonic84

Yes I agree. I can see the 227, 228 being combined into one route and possibly the 250/251 being combined into one route running Stourbridge to Merry Hill via Brockmoor only with the other half being covered by the 228.

Can't see the 004 lasting either. As mentioned the Merry Hill to Halesowen section will compete with the 002, and Diamond have tried the Halesowen to Harborne section with the 004 previously and more recently the 142.

Will be interesting to see if they do anything with the 318. It would be interesting if they decided to link it with the 43 and have a Stourbridge to Redditch bus.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: sonic84 on July 28, 2017, 11:02:06 PM
Yes I agree. I can see the 227, 228 being combined into one route and possibly the 250/251 being combined into one route running Stourbridge to Merry Hill via Brockmoor only with the other half being covered by the 228.

Can't see the 004 lasting either. As mentioned the Merry Hill to Halesowen section will compete with the 002, and Diamond have tried the Halesowen to Harborne section with the 004 previously and more recently the 142.

Will be interesting to see if they do anything with the 318. It would be interesting if they decided to link it with the 43 and have a Stourbridge to Redditch bus.

Yes agree on the 004, (as an aside, would be interesting if Hansons have tendered for the 142 and Diamond would end up with it back again).

Also can see the 226 going half hourly now there is only one operator on it, 228 probably go back to Merry Hill as it's terminus and will be interesting to see if they keep the 250/1 going?

winston

But the Halesowen - Harborne section now has far less traffic since Diamond withdrew the 142 & NXWM reduced the frequency off the 99 when it changed to an extended 244, it may now be a viable option to consider an extension to the QE.

Isn't the 318 tendered? Plus it only runs 2 hourly. Can't see any benefit of linking it with the 43.

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 28, 2017, 11:14:16 PM
Also can see the 226 going half hourly now there is only one operator on it, 228 probably go back to Merry Hill as it's terminus and will be interesting to see if they keep the 250/1 going?

It's a forgone conclusion that the 226 will be reduced, personally, I think being cut back to a 20min frequncy may go down better with the travelling public. I expect fares will also been raised to more normal levels.

the trainbasher

The 250/251 struggled with timekeeping when it was ran Stourbridge to Merry Hill via Brockmoor as a stand-alone service with the 296 as an hourly service on the opposite part of the loop.

That is actually one of the services I fear will go, especially as the 251 runs on a different route between Wollaston and Stourbridge as opposed to its opposite direction.

One thing I would like diamond to do, but I doubt they would do it would be to extend the 580 to Stourbridge along the current 227 route, maybe using the 227 number for it.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 28, 2017, 11:14:16 PM
Yes agree on the 004, (as an aside, would be interesting if Hansons have tendered for the 142 and Diamond would end up with it back again).

I reckon, if anything, there's a 226 would not go to half hour service but will go to every 20 minutes instead. It would mean diamond using 6 buses as opposed to their current 4 and hansons 4, but it would still retain a near enough decent frequency ,and more than likely still avoid clashing at the stands on both ends.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk