News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Hansons

Started by Mike360, June 06, 2012, 03:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diamond Geezer

Quote from: Tomjusttom on September 23, 2012, 09:50:14 PM
Actually diamond are not doing well according to the figures i have seen. Some 226s of Hansons make a decent profit unlike the daytime 226 of diamonds which makes a massive loss. According to several diamond 226 drivers they are coming off it anyway next month so won't be long

Always amazes me where these statements come from such as 'according to the figures I have seen' and 'make a decent profit'.  Perhaps I missed those meetings.

Tomjusttom

Quote from: Diamond Geezer on October 15, 2012, 10:22:58 PM
Actually diamond are not doing well according to the figures i have seen. Some 226s of Hansons make a decent profit unlike the daytime 226 of diamonds which makes a massive loss. According to several diamond 226 drivers they are coming off it anyway next month so won't be long

Always amazes me where these statements come from such as 'according to the figures I have seen' and 'make a decent profit'.  Perhaps I missed those meetings.

Thats what Diamond staff on there are saying! plus the wayfarers too.

Diamond Geezer

Quote from: Tomjusttom on October 15, 2012, 10:25:52 PM
Quote from: Diamond Geezer on October 15, 2012, 10:22:58 PM

Thats what Diamond staff on there are saying! plus the wayfarers too.

Diamond staff (drivers) would not know if the service is making a loss - they would know how much they have taken on their duty.  Wayfarers also don't have a profit button.  There are factors within a business that determine if a route is making a profit - staff, depot, engineering, fuel and insurance overheads.

Stuharris 6360

Don't know whether they are about to withdraw Hanson 0315, but it was on the 251 today without it's destination display, instead 251 was printed on a piece of paper!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

hartshill busman 724210

Hi Stu.
0315`s blinds are to use the local lingo BOST at the mo.

Jay

Quote from: Tomjusttom on September 25, 2012, 06:15:53 PM
So i am being biased by saying that my 1805 226 Hansons is being followed by the  1750 226 diamond? as in right up the bumper!

do you work for diamond or something

Tom i was talking hansons the other week and one thing they was asked by Bus User Uk all passenger who have a problem with diamond to write in as they are making a case against diamond 
My The Force Be With You PN Garage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/train_nut/

Tomjusttom

Wouldn't be shocked. The route training diamond are getting on the 226 is basically to board a Hansons bus or ask Hansons drivers the route!

Tomjusttom

I can confirm that 1721, P721RYL, has left Hansons for scrapping. It is no longer in the depot after it was cannabised

MW

With all due respect, you also confirmed there being an Enviro100 so I doubt anyone's going to take you seriously.

The boy who cried wolf springs to mind.

Tomjusttom

Quote from: Michael on December 06, 2012, 08:35:22 PM
With all due respect, you also confirmed there being an Enviro100 so I doubt anyone's going to take you seriously.

The boy who cried wolf springs to mind.

With all due respect I was joking about that. It seems that there is a collective sense of humour failure on here on how I was being convincing. THIS FORUM IS A BLOODY SHITHOLE

Steveminor

So with all respect how do we know you aren't "joking" now

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Tomjusttom on December 06, 2012, 08:39:33 PM
THIS FORUM IS A BLOODY SHITHOLE

Bye then, shut the door on the way out....

Thomas Davies

I understand a Prototype Alexander Dennis Enviro 100 was built (wheel forward) with a view to compete with the popular Optare Solo SR and Wright Streetlite!
Kind Regards

Thomas Davies

Tony

I finally got a photo of 1521 today, completing my set of Hansons fleet. I have now updated all pages to my latest spec with full histories on all current vehicles (Unless anyone knows anything different)
see http://wmbusphotos.com/Hansons/fleetlist.html

ade

Unusual working today 2581 was on the 124 possibly as a replacement for 0387 one of the usual two regulars.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk