News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cross City Services

Started by OH25, March 03, 2021, 05:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OH25

So with all this cross city routes talk for NX routes, would Diamond look at doing the same with the 50 and potentially the 16 as they have similar frequencies?

I think it could work as a through service from West Bromwich to Maypole and offer a third alternative to the NX Bearwood/Dudley to Druids Heath service.

Pat

Quote from: OH25 on March 03, 2021, 05:57:55 PM
So with all this cross city routes talk for NX routes, would Diamond look at doing the same with the 50 and potentially the 16 as they have similar frequencies?

I think it could work as a through service from West Bromwich to Maypole and offer a third alternative to the NX Bearwood/Dudley to Druids Heath service.
It's more to do with cross city connections.  Where would the demand be along that corridor?  What would the connections be?  With the 50/87, you've got City Hospital, for example.

OH25

Well the 16 does go to Sandwell Hospital (granted most people wouldn't go from Moseley/KH/Maypole to Sandwell)

It also is a somewhat alternative to the NX 48 that goes practically from that side of Birmingham to West Bromwich

Pat

Quote from: OH25 on March 04, 2021, 01:19:39 AM
Well the 16 does go to Sandwell Hospital (granted most people wouldn't go from Moseley/KH/Maypole to Sandwell)

It also is a somewhat alternative to the NX 48 that goes practically from that side of Birmingham to West Bromwich
It isn't really an alternative.  It does not serve Maypole, Kings Heath, Moseley.  Also, having to go straight through the City Centre will slow things down substantially.

Stu

Quote from: OH25 on March 03, 2021, 05:57:55 PM

Its an interesting idea, but to be honest I think that Diamond would only consider it if it was of operational benefit to them.

For starters the two routes are run from different garages (50 from Redditch and 16 from Tividale).
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

OH25

Quote from: Stu on March 04, 2021, 07:01:04 PM
Its an interesting idea, but to be honest I think that Diamond would only consider it if it was of operational benefit to them.

For starters the two routes are run from different garages (50 from Redditch and 16 from Tividale).

It's not unusual to be loved by anyone

But back on topic, it's not unusual for two garages to run a route is it?
I'm sure it would work, especially as they use similar buses on both routes and I'm sure all the Redditch buses can be timetabled to start and finish in Maypole and similarly for the Tividale ones to start and finish in West Bromwich

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk