News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond bus reviews

Started by Trident 4194, March 19, 2015, 06:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Will on March 29, 2015, 03:18:38 PM
ALL BUSES ARE LIMITED TO 62MPH!! If you don't believe me ask @Tony

No they are not Will. They are limited to a maximum of 62mph. All NXWM bar a couple,  and I suspect most of Rotalas are limited to 50mph

Reece

Quote from: Cedric on March 29, 2015, 04:48:27 PM
was a transit type did not see the reg as it was  hidden by a car

Well I guess we will never know if it was the Kidderminster or Redditch Transit but it could of easily been that the mechanic had a day off in the week and had to work that Saturday to make up for it.

the trainbasher

Trent Bartons coaches last time I checked were limited to 62

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 29, 2015, 04:55:51 PM
Trent Bartons coaches last time I checked were limited to 62

I would be very surprised if any modern coaches weren't! Being pedantic it is actually 62.5 mph which equates to 100kph

Cedric

Quote from: Reece on March 29, 2015, 04:54:13 PM
Well I guess we will never know if it was the Kidderminster or Redditch Transit but it could of easily been that the mechanic had a day off in the week and had to work that Saturday to make up for it.
Reece I was told ages ago that the engineers where at Kidderminster till round about 4pm/4.30pm
it would be the Kidderminster as the sort time frame the Redditch one would not have had time to get
of the reddicth ring road
diamond 8\10/125/292

Reece

Quote from: Cedric on March 29, 2015, 05:00:09 PM
Reece I was told ages ago that the engineers where at Kidderminster till round about 4pm/4.30pm

On Saturday? Diamond have more than likey cut the hours of the engineer at Kidderminster since then and that explains why he does not work Saturdays unless he's had a day off in the week.

BN

Quote from: Tony on March 29, 2015, 04:52:24 PM
No they are not Will. They are limited to a maximum of 62mph. All NXWM bar a couple,  and I suspect most of Rotalas are limited to 50mph

First Worcester E300's are limited to 50mph also.

StourportSam

Quote from: Will on March 29, 2015, 02:56:35 PM
Yeah I have to agree with the above it's a shame that those First Darts have gone to near enough rack & ruin :( I'm actually amazed @StourportSam hasn't commented yet as he got on MUO at the Town Hall and would of seen what myself and @Reece had to put up with from Redditch!

Yes it was awful, just what I needed after a very busy 10 hour shift at work! What would be a 20 minute journey took 45 from Kidderminster to Areley Kings.

That definitely confirms it was you then Will, was not 100% certain but now I know.

I also wished the driver luck on getting back to Kidderminster and he said he hoped it was one of the ones going to Tividale!

This must be a new/short term issue - 30931 has been a bit slow changing gears for some time but all three First darts seem in good nick generally. I hope it is easy/cheap to rectify, would be a shame to see it withdrawn.

Reece

Quote from: StourportSam on March 29, 2015, 06:55:22 PM
Yes it was awful, just what I needed after a very busy 10 hour shift at work! What would be a 20 minute journey took 45 from Kidderminster to Areley Kings.

That definitely confirms it was you then Will, was not 100% certain but now I know.

I also wished the driver luck on getting back to Kidderminster and he said he hoped it was one of the ones going to Tividale!

This must be a new/short term issue - 30931 has been a bit slow changing gears for some time but all three First darts seem in good nick generally. I hope it is easy/cheap to rectify, would be a shame to see it withdrawn.

@StourportSam I know what you mean it would a shame if the gearbox problem with 30931 was to costly I hope it is cheap to fix as well. Because Kidderminster will lose one of its best buses. Just to say that was me who got off outside Kidderminster Hospital with the orange bag on my back. It's lucky that the X3 does not up Bewdley Hill because I would have felt very sorry for the driver going from a standing start!

iamwilljh92

Quote from: StourportSam on March 29, 2015, 06:55:22 PM

Haha! Yes it was me am I that recognisable 😛 it must be the blue backpack & Rotala coat I think 😀

Trident 4194

20202- absolutely fantastic dart, one of Tividales finest, fast and very loud engine. Exterior and interior very good. Great bus. 9/10

Metrorider

Quote from: Tony on March 29, 2015, 04:52:24 PM

There was one of Diamonds a while back (Volvo B7) that would do a fair bit more than 62mph. Diamonds Volvos in general are limited to 52, the older darts generally aren't limited but you'd be brave to do more than 50mph in a dart (most wont even get to 50mph). One very noticeable exception was 20505, I'm not going to post on a public forum what speeds that thing could do given a decent run (dual carriageway, m/way ect) but I'll say it was a fair bit more than 50mph  ;)
Paul.

Metrorider

From what I remember 20519 was a nice motor to drive, 20518 was nice as well but very sluggish pulling away. And Urban90 seating is horrible, it's far from exclusive to Diamond though, far too many darts have that seating fitted.
Paul.

the trainbasher

Urban 90s aren't any good for someone of my proportions...now bench seats:)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

iamwilljh92

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 02, 2015, 11:07:47 PM
Urban 90s aren't any good for someone of my proportions...now bench seats:)

I second that 😁

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk