News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

End of the T69s

Started by Stevo, March 18, 2015, 06:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetroT69

Very Last Official day for T69 in private passenger service .

The last run will be Friday 14th , This will now be a private run with centro, mayor,
Midland metro top big wigs etc.

no planned last day of normal passenger service now, it has been abandoned.

Thus.  Between now and The end of this week is now the last time you see or be able to run on a T69 !
And the bad news is  10-16 are now only for emergency service use ,so seeing one one
Working is going to be that bit harder.

Another rubies is due to start this week,either 32 or 35.

windy miller

According to a 'reliable' source I was told that the last T69 public service was earmarked for this Friday (7th Aug) :-\ :-\ :-\   we shall see.
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Liberator9

Going to miss the T69s - much prefer the seating on them. Also prefer the ride quality - the CAFs just seem to ride very rough. Probably been asked many a time before but what will be happening to them? Will they just be scrapped or will they be kept for future use either in the West Mids or elsewhere?

AV4248

Quote from: Liberator9 on August 06, 2015, 09:57:50 PM
Going to miss the T69s - much prefer the seating on them. Also prefer the ride quality - the CAFs just seem to ride very rough. Probably been asked many a time before but what will be happening to them? Will they just be scrapped or will they be kept for future use either in the West Mids or elsewhere?

Some have gone off to Long Marston. More info here: http://www.britishtramsonline.co.uk/midland.html

Quote from: Liberator9 on August 06, 2015, 09:57:50 PM
They will be kept in storage at Long Marston. 4 will be used as a weed killer along the tracks and 16 will also be kept at the depot.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Liberator9

Thanks for the information - much appreciated.

And thanks @MetroT69 for the detailed info as well.

AV4248

Tram 10 hasn't given up the ghost yet.
It's on it's way to Birmingham now, think it was the 08:13 from West Bromwich Central.
Would have gone on it myself, but it was packed on there lol!

So the T69 live for another week...

MetroT69

T69  10  is having Issues though !

Yes 10 Was out all day yesterday but had a few problems.
Both 10 & 16 were out today  ,but 10 had to come off at Wednsebury prk way  at 11.50am,  while heading south.
10 went back  in to the depot.  Urbos 21 took its place and carried onwards - still leaving 16 out there.

Both now have only days left .

Just a reminder that  A T69 (i wont say which or why, so has not to spoil it )  will leave snow hill this Friday 14th for the very last time at 12 midday ,THIS will be a private party  so don't expect to get on it .

It will head north and come off at wed,prk way then head in to the depot ,the rest you will have to watch the local news to find out   :)

See one ,ride it ,photo it , It may be your last......

;)

AV4248

Solo1

would be nice to see tram 11 back out for 1 last time but I guess we will have to wait & see #

MetroT69

Tram 11 is long gone. Its dead donated serviceable parts long time ago, all of the trams dead in yard have been robbed of parts to keep the few still working.

domino.99

T69 out today, 07:25(ish) dep from WSG.

uniquicity

10 and 16 were both out this morning.

midlandred2003

No 16 seen at the Hawthorns 06:40 this morning heading towards Wolverhampton.

domino.99

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2015/08/12/end-of-the-line-for-original-metro-trams-2/

I know I'll be getting the 06:30 from Snow Hill, before I start work :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk