News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Social Travel

Started by PM, January 07, 2015, 02:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Actually, saw one of them in the flesh yesterday evening about 18:00 going past the Law Courts, didn't look too bad. Only saw the drivers side though, is the passenger side just plain white? Surely a similar pyramid thing in the opposite back corner would make sense? And the back itself did seem to be painted that same purple, dunno whether that was meant to be or not
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Does Birmingham SQP not affect this operator?

Tony

Quote from: 646 on January 24, 2015, 06:24:36 PM
Does Birmingham SQP not affect this operator?

Not frequent enough

Matt.N0056

I see they are using the number '97P' now

Solo1

is the ex Cardiff bus X183CTG now painted in to social travel livery yet

Ashley

Sampled the DTS and Social 97 yesterday. Dead on time, clean vehicles, friendly drivers, what more can you say

PM

Quote from: Ashley on January 29, 2015, 04:34:18 PM
Sampled the DTS and Social 97 yesterday. Dead on time, clean vehicles, friendly drivers, what more can you say

Good news! I've seen photos of their smart looking buses and proper destination displays and I agree they look impressive. The Social livery is far better than the DTS one though imo...

Tony

Quote from: Ashley on January 29, 2015, 04:34:18 PM

Obviously you didn't catch the one I saw driving over the pavement on James Watt Queensway forcing pedestrians to take cover  reversing into oncoming traffic on a busy dual carriageway (S929PDD). Birmingham Council Citywatch have the video of it

Steveminor

That will go nicely with the video of a nx 97 spending nearly 10 mins on the city stand before pulling straight out in front of s301 without indicating nearly causing an accident.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Steveminor on January 29, 2015, 06:30:00 PM
That will go nicely with the video of a nx 97 spending nearly 10 mins on the city stand before pulling straight out in front of s301 without indicating nearly causing an accident.

Both operators make mistakes, it's part of life, there's not one operator out there that hasn't made mistakes.

Tony

Not quite, The S929PDD wasn't a mistake, it was a deliberate act. He was doing a U-turn in an entrance to a car park which he shouldn't have been doing in the first place, then drove along a footway forcing pedestrians to run out of the way, then reversed off the pavement into the out of city carriageway without a banksman forcing cars to swerve. Two criminal offences there.

Tony

According to the Birmingham SQPS the maximum legal wait time on stop MS8 (97) is 10 minutes

Bob

Social travel is a unusual name tho...makes me think of pramfaces and chavs ahahahaha.   If you run to Castle Vile you could call it anti social travel lol

Steveminor

But if the slots booked are 3 mins apart & the frequency is every 4 mins how can a bus have a 10 min drop back & legally meet its slot booking. It can't be using the double stand as social travel & discount travel use the second stand for ms8

the trainbasher

That's that For the 97

QuotePD1125565/2 - SOCIAL TRAVEL PRIVATE LIMITED, 82 BEDFORD ROAD, WEST BROMWICH, B71 2RT
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Chelmsley Wood, Pine Square and City Centre, Moor Street Queensway given service number 97 effective from 29-Mar-2015.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk