News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Social Travel

Started by PM, January 07, 2015, 02:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

Well the figures were going down while diamond were on there, probably one of the reasons they came off.
To answer the question regarding the 6 well many routes were considered both within & outside the west midlands as I said I won't go into the reasons for obvious reasons but the 97 was chosen for weekday operations.
The 72 Sunday should be interesting being half way between nx 72.
When ampm ran a 15 min frequency on a Sunday it dramatically increased ridership & there is nothing to suggest that won't happen again.

Solo1

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

What a peculiar livery! Why on earth isn't the stripe continued of the screen wash panel for starters

Steveminor

That's where the company name is intended to go

Ashley

I like it, something original and eye catching

Solo1

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on January 10, 2015, 07:30:47 PM
What a peculiar livery! Why on earth isn't the stripe continued of the screen wash panel for starters
another new firm with livery unlike  another firm in multi coloured livery's

Liverpool Street

Bit of weird livery. Would've been preferable for the colours to be opposite, purple instead of block of white and Social Travel logo in white combined with the white pyramid on the drivers corner for added compliments and such. However said that, it probably would've cost more that way.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

fleetline6477

I suppose the only thing in this livery's favour is that the vehicles have been re-painted. it does rather look as though they have needed to replace the screen wash panel without being bothered to add the livery to it.

From what I can see no fleet names on the vehicle. Are they hidden out of view or non-existent?

Steveminor

The fleet name will be added to the front wash panel that's why it's been painted plain white otherwise it would have meant a two tone fleet name which would have looked odd.
I get what was said about the livery looking better the other way around but when I photoshopped it that way round it looked too dull & we wanted something bright & standoutish.
From the comments received I think we achieved the goal of standing out from the crowd. It's very marmite you either like it or hate it but either way, you know who's bus it is.

Liverpool Street

@Steveminor - Urm... But not learnt from NX's mistake about the white showing the dirt? I trust your buses be washed a minimum twice a day. Haha
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Steveminor

It's the best way to check how much work the driver has done, measure the dirt lol

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Steveminor on January 12, 2015, 09:00:22 PM
It's the best way to check how much work the driver has done, measure the dirt lol

Hahaha I'll let you off Steven haha
until it cought fire

Tony

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 12, 2015, 09:08:28 PM

And paint the back dark to hide oil leaks that always spray up the rear

tank90

Quote from: Tony on January 12, 2015, 09:11:52 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 12, 2015, 09:08:28 PM

And paint the back dark to hide oil leaks that always spray up the rear

A gun metal swoop from the top of the back down it would look good I think and hide any leaks to a point.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Steveminor

I remember city buslines used to paint the back of their nationals with oil to hide the leaks.
Hang on a minute ???
;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk