News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coniston Coaches

Started by Matt, January 04, 2015, 02:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedric

a  Yarrantons   vehicle  has been operating on the  15 again with no on hire notices on display, so I   am just wondering if it has been purchased ,
? or there's  a conection between the two firms
diamond 8\10/125/292

Reece

Quote from: Cedric on July 24, 2015, 05:03:22 PM
a  Yarrantons   vehicle  has been operating on the  15 again with no on hire notices on display, so I   am just wondering if it has been purchased ,
? or there's  a conection between the two firms
@Cedric This has happened again due to the dart going in for some repairs.

BN

Quote from: Reece on July 24, 2015, 11:05:26 PM
@Cedric This has happened again due to the dart going in for some repairs.

They are on very good terms, the boss of Coniston started out in life at Yarrantons. They have a good working relationship.

Trident 4194

Quote from: BN on July 25, 2015, 07:42:53 AM
They are on very good terms, the boss of Coniston started out in life at Yarrantons. They have a good working relationship.

What do they use on 15 service?

winston

Cedric

Seen yesterday  on coniston's service 15  a white X reg  solo  (think I was x reg )
with Coniston  legal lettering   no other  marking 
diamond 8\10/125/292

Ossie

Yes, I saw that too in Kiddy, and recorded it as X165NWR.  Googling, it seems to have previously resided up in Yorkshire!

Cedric

Quote from: Ossie on August 30, 2015, 12:42:36 PM
Yes, I saw that too in Kiddy, and recorded it as X165NWR.  Googling, it seems to have previously resided up in Yorkshire!
Quote from: Cedric on August 30, 2015, 11:04:14 AM
Seen yesterday  on coniston's service 15  a white X reg  solo  (think I was x reg )
with Coniston  legal lettering   no other  marking 
Thanks    I   was on a bus at the time  which   it passed    so could  not   get  all the reg    wonder if it has replaced the dart
diamond 8\10/125/292

Reece

Reece

The W reg Dennis Dart MPD has now been withdrawn after a serious engine problem.

StourportSam

Optare Solo CE52 UWS - is this a Coniston vehicle?

Seen in Stourport today with school kids on - running the S15?

The rear display was saying Merry Christmas...

Reece

Quote from: StourportSam on September 30, 2015, 04:07:53 PM
Optare Solo CE52 UWS - is this a Coniston vehicle?

Seen in Stourport today with school kids on - running the S15?

The rear display was saying Merry Christmas...
@StourportSam Yes it is owned by Coniston the owner of Coniston Coaches told me it was on the way to them when I went with Coniston to Showbus. I am was told that CE52 UWS is pacifically for the 15 route and that allows the X reg Solo to become the spare bus but it can also be used for school because it's got seat belts.

StourportSam

Thought it might be of interest to note that the 15 from Kidderminster just before 5pm this evening was full with about 25 passengers. I don't normally catch this service so don't know if that's normal or not. When the service was ran by Whittle Kidderminster-Stourport-Bewdley it was always very lightly loaded.

StourportSam

CE52 UWS has now been fitted with LED destination indicators and has also been decked out with tinsel for Christmas!

StourportSam

Plain white Optare Solo SR (looked like a 14 plate?) in Stourport today, going along route of the 15. Is this a new Coniston vehicle?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk