News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Travel de Courcey -- General Thread

Started by Valandil, June 27, 2014, 07:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

two of the HV52's have turned up with thandi travel see my flicr for pics

James4368

Levante FJ61EXZ (Ex Yourbus 4040)
Has gone back to National Express service and will be part of De Courcey's fleet as MD30
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Adam 404

Quote from: John on January 04, 2016, 05:31:23 PM
Plain white Solo SR 'KX15 BLN' on the W1A today, any idea of a fleet number as it is not in Tony's fleetlist
The Solo SR has been on the morning W6 today and yesterday. It has the old designs rear so I personal think it might be an insurance replacement for 801 which was on fire in the M69 a little while ago. It has NOT got a fleet number

Solo1

John

Quote from: Solo1 on January 08, 2016, 07:47:41 PM
Decker parked up at Miller st yard

The Ex-Dublin Volvo? That was there this afternoon, looked rubbed down ready for repaint

Its more than likely been mentioned, but do we have an ID of it?

Tony

Quote from: John on January 08, 2016, 07:59:31 PM
The Ex-Dublin Volvo? That was there this afternoon, looked rubbed down ready for repaint

Its more than likely been mentioned, but do we have an ID of it?

It has, and every time it is I point out that it does not belong to DeCourcey

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Tony on January 08, 2016, 08:03:19 PM
It has, and every time it is I point out that it does not belong to DeCourcey

Got a photograph of it earlier. It's 01D10226.

Tony

Quote from: Michael Bevan on January 09, 2016, 06:08:38 PM
Got a photograph of it earlier. It's 01D10226.

I know, I know the owner who is trying to start up a dealing business

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Tony on January 09, 2016, 06:24:16 PM
I know, I know the owner who is trying to start up a dealing business

Ah ok! Best of luck to him!

winston

PD0000116/149 - MIKE DE COURCEY TRAVEL LTD, ROWLEY DRIVE, STONEBRIDGE TRADING ESTATE, COVENTRY, CV3 4FG
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Coventry, Eastern Green and University of Warwick given service number W10/W11 effective from 27-Mar-2016.

PD0000116/150 - MIKE DE COURCEY TRAVEL LTD, ROWLEY DRIVE, STONEBRIDGE TRADING ESTATE, COVENTRY, CV3 4FG
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Coventry, Holbrooks and University of Warwick given service number W9 effective from 27-Mar-2016.

PD0000116/151 - MIKE DE COURCEY TRAVEL LTD, ROWLEY DRIVE, STONEBRIDGE TRADING ESTATE, COVENTRY, CV3 4FG
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Coventry, Wyken and University of Warwick given service number W8/W58 effective from 27-Mar-2016.

PD0000116/157 - MIKE DE COURCEY TRAVEL LTD, ROWLEY DRIVE, STONEBRIDGE TRADING ESTATE, COVENTRY, CV3 4FG
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between University of Warwick and University of Warwick given service number W1a/W1c effective from 27-Mar-2016.

JPC

The W1 cancellation isn't really a surprise considering a competitor had introduced a four times as frequent service on virtually the same route.
Something along the lines of combining/extending the 85 along one route offering a half-hourly frequency to Warwick Uni might have been a bit more successful.
I believe the 360 contract is also due for renewal but as yet nothing may change.

winston

Quote from: JPC on January 26, 2016, 05:22:39 PM
The W1 cancellation isn't really a surprise considering a competitor had introduced a four times as frequent service on virtually the same route.
Something along the lines of combining/extending the 85 along one route offering a half-hourly frequency to Warwick Uni might have been a bit more successful.
I believe the 360 contract is also due for renewal but as yet nothing may change.

I wonder if Diamond will bid for the 360 this time round?

JoNi

In local passenger group meetings it has been stated the 360 has funding from University Hospital which is due to cease. This could threaten the viability of the route as a circle but I've heard nothing recently! Whether it becomes the "270" and the Outer Circle regains it position the longest circular route in the West Midlands remains to be seen.

Stu

Quote from: Winston on January 26, 2016, 07:03:22 PM
I wonder if Diamond will bid for the 360 this time round?

Personally I find it unlikely. If what is being said about Diamond's operations in Redditch is true, would they have enough drivers/buses to take on the extra work?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

Quote from: Stu on January 26, 2016, 07:51:06 PM
Personally I find it unlikely. If what is being said about Diamond's operations in Redditch is true, would they have enough drivers/buses to take on the extra work?

Depends, two years ago they initially won the 360 with the intention of opening a new sub depot in Coventry, Signature wpuld have been operated from that base as opposed to Redditch as present.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk