News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Travel de Courcey -- General Thread

Started by Valandil, June 27, 2014, 07:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam 404

812 has seen better days. It has quite bad damage to the corner of its top deck where tree defenders are now installed...

Today, it is being used as a staff bus & on the 703 as well...

Damage:
https://www.facebook.com/369276339910972/photos/a.485575781614360.1073742141.369276339910972/637689916402945/?type=3&theater

Sandy Lane

With TDC only running an hourly Saturday 585 service (no 85) Wed to Friday this week in Coventry the Diamond X30/31 running every 30 mins seems to have had some good loadings. I think TDC have missed some good business. One for TDC's commercial guy to consider?

As Diamond also ran TDC's 60 service on Boxing Day, are we seeing some competition hotting up between the two companies? If I were TDC should I starting to get a bit worried?

Dennis

Quote from: Sandy Lane on December 30, 2016, 05:34:29 PM
With TDC only running an hourly Saturday 585 service (no 85) Wed to Friday this week in Coventry the Diamond X30/31 running every 30 mins seems to have had some good loadings. I think TDC have missed some good business. One for TDC's commercial guy to consider?

As Diamond also ran TDC's 60 service on Boxing Day, are we seeing some competition hotting up between the two companies? If I were TDC should I starting to get a bit worried?

The X30/X31 is a tendered service, which will have the service levels specified in the contract; as the days you refer to are M-F they will be paid to operate a M-F service.  Meanwhile DeCourcey made the commercial decision to match the level of commercial service they provided to anticipated demand.

Presumably Diamond ran the 60 as a Centro tender, as with most (if not all) Boxing Day buses in Coventry.

I would hardly call this competition.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Dennis on January 05, 2017, 08:57:57 PM
The X30/X31 is a tendered service, which will have the service levels specified in the contract; as the days you refer to are M-F they will be paid to operate a M-F service.  Meanwhile DeCourcey made the commercial decision to match the level of commercial service they provided to anticipated demand.

Presumably Diamond ran the 60 as a Centro tender, as with most (if not all) Boxing Day buses in Coventry.

I would hardly call this competition.
Good point but competition often starts in a small way. Lets see what happens in the next 12 months.

paulb1973

This has appeared on the Coventry City Council planning website:

http://planning.coventry.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=786656

A complete building replacement it seems.

Adam 404

Quote from: paulb1973 on January 24, 2017, 03:23:50 PM
This has appeared on the Coventry City Council planning website:

http://planning.coventry.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=786656

A complete building replacement it seems.
It is needed but I wonder how this will work with the buses not really having another viable place to operate from.

Sandy Lane

It is good to see TDC investing in a new larger workshop. I guess more in house maintenance rather than subbing it out will bring some good money savings?

Solo1

Quote from: Adam 404 on January 24, 2017, 06:01:32 PM
It is needed but I wonder how this will work with the buses not really having another viable place to operate from.
they have have to rearange how they park the buses at the depot or see if they can park some buses
Overnight at one of the places at rowley drive

JoNi

Advised red liveried ex Abellio Trident LG52XYO still with dual doors seen on school bus 183 with De Courcey lettering

Adam 404

According to Network West Midlands service changes document, the W5 will have a retimed morning journey from the 26th of February.

Tony

Quote from: JoNi on February 06, 2017, 03:52:44 PM
Advised red liveried ex Abellio Trident LG52XYO still with dual doors seen on school bus 183 with De Courcey lettering

Not sure if it's the same one as I forgot to make a note of the registration and it's not quite visible in the photo, but fleetnumber 826 LG52 XY? was at Miller Street depot today

James4368

De Courcey have some new 17 plate Scania tri-axle Levantes delivered today at Miller Street depot.
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

winston

Quote from: James4368 on March 21, 2017, 06:43:59 PM
De Courcey have some new 17 plate Scania tri-axle Levantes delivered today at Miller Street depot.

@James4368 - any idea how many tri-axle Levante deCourcey are expecting?

broma1k

BV17 GOU- MD33 seen this afternoon in Digbeth Coach Station

James4368

Quote from: Winston on March 23, 2017, 11:58:44 AM
@James4368 - any idea how many tri-axle Levante deCourcey are expecting?
@Winston about 5 I think (MD31 - MD35)
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk