News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: leewhayward29 on December 08, 2017, 03:19:53 PM
Here is the post on Birmingham mail
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/driver-saves-passengers-after-shocking-14012488

Round the corner from yours truly!

(It was that dark & crap tonight that I never noticed when I got off at the stop opposite!)

winston

126 branded Platinum blocking a lane outside Tesco Burnt Tree, Dudley with a police car infront & 2 Ambulances in attendance

Dom

6789 (I think) has had quite a big bump this morning. Front-end taken off pretty much.

Jack6101

5406 (6789) replacement has also been in an rtc but not as bad
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

MW

Quote from: JoNi on December 14, 2017, 04:56:06 PM
Forum members can draw their own conclusions!

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/14/blame-crash-involving-bus-car-lorry-7160449/amp/&ved=0ahUKEwjvnJKQ-4nYAhXCYVAKHXhvB00QqUMIJTAC&usg=AOvVaw3pKj9DcoFjrAsKumdEFQ4X&ampcf=1

From the Mazdas point of view, he would have seen the HGV, and he wouldn't have seen the bus because the HGV would have blocked it's vision.

As the article says, the HGV gestured that it wasn't safe with his hands but that was interpreted as it's clear. As a driver, in that scenario, I always proceed with extreme caution because you don't know if anything is going to be coming. Of course, it's the Mazda at fault here, plain and simple. But you can understand where he went wrong.

Mike K

Quote from: MW on December 14, 2017, 05:24:25 PM
From the Mazdas point of view, he would have seen the HGV, and he wouldn't have seen the bus because the HGV would have blocked it's vision.

As the article says, the HGV gestured that it wasn't safe with his hands but that was interpreted as it's clear. As a driver, in that scenario, I always proceed with extreme caution because you don't know if anything is going to be coming. Of course, it's the Mazda at fault here, plain and simple. But you can understand where he went wrong.

Yep, technically and in the eyes of the law the car driver is to blame but you have to feel a bit of sympathy seeing how tentatively he moved forward, clearly saw the bus and stopped, only to be hit by the bus when it looked like there should be sufficient time for it to stop.

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

P419 EJW

PB 6796 on 94 got bricked this afternoon. @monkeyjoe

Quote from: P419 EJW on December 17, 2017, 04:55:02 PM
PB 6796 on 94 got bricked this afternoon. @monkeyjoe
Happens just about anywhere not just on the 94, only the minority do something like that and I use the 94 and 11 most days, incidents are fairly rare, i've never really had any problems. Its not just limited to the 11 and 94.
E.g: I once saw someone kick the doors in on a route that serves a completly different area, the 127/8, because they missed the bus.
It's a minority that will do something like that, most just want to get from A to B and don't go about bricking buses, it doesn't 't happen everyday.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

DJ

Quote from: 2206 on December 17, 2017, 06:02:38 PM
Happens just about anywhere not just on the 94, only the minority do something like that and I use the 94 and 11 most days, incidents are fairly rare, i've never really had any problems. Its not just limited to the 11 and 94.
E.g: I once saw someone kick the doors in on a route that serves a completly different area, the 127/8, because they missed the bus.
It's a minority that will do something like that, most just want to get from A to B and don't go about bricking buses, it doesn't 't happen everyday.

Seen it happen a few times back when I lived in a rougher part of Tipton, the 401 and 402 would get attacked on occasion by kids out on the playing field next to St Marks Road. Saying that, I was on a 404 back in the day towards West Brom, and a man and a woman were arguing, then he got off and bricked one of the windows near to where she was sat.
Like you said, it's not really limited to any particular routes though, you can get it pretty much anywhere on the network, but thankfully, it's the minority.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Michael Bevan

A Diamond Urban on the 301 and a Black Diamond liveried Centro collided in Walsall St. Paul's Bus Station earlier.

Jack

4391 (BV52OBJ) has been deroofed on Bournville Lane. Luckily it was NIS.
Can't post a link to Instagram but the whole top roof has gone, reminds me of 4234 on Wittin Lodge Road.

Stu

Quote from: Jack on December 21, 2017, 12:47:56 AM
4391 (BV52OBJ) has been deroofed on Bournville Lane. Luckily it was NIS.
Can't post a link to Instagram but the whole top roof has gone, reminds me of 4234 on Wittin Lodge Road.

Story here: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/double-decker-bus-loses-roof-14065522
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk