News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Buses on TV

Started by Trident 4609, December 24, 2013, 09:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

Whats described by the media as a Red bus, you know the one with 350 million quid wrap.
Forum members know that its really a coach

Mike K

5516 was seen in lengthy footage on 'Ambulance' on BBC1 tonight, showing ambulance crews responding to a call concerning a passenger who had suffered cardiac arrest on a bus. The footage showed the bus driver, who is a regular on the Harborne rota, speaking with emergency services. He had pulled in at the Woodgate GP surgery on Stevens Avenue in Woodgate Valley so the chap could receive emergency treatment before ambulance crews arrived. The patient was rushed to QE Hospital but unfortunately could not be resuscitated.

Squiz1971

Quote from: Mike K on October 11, 2017, 11:37:53 PM
5516 was seen in lengthy footage on 'Ambulance' on BBC1 tonight, showing ambulance crews responding to a call concerning a passenger who had suffered cardiac arrest on a bus. The footage showed the bus driver, who is a regular on the Harborne rota, speaking with emergency services. He had pulled in at the Woodgate GP surgery on Stevens Avenue in Woodgate Valley so the chap could receive emergency treatment before ambulance crews arrived. The patient was rushed to QE Hospital but unfortunately could not be resuscitated.
That was on last Thursday's edition @Mike K, I meant to post this myself last Friday but as I didn't see the fleet number fully & then I forgot. Shame about the guy though

JoNi

Channel 4 News had feature on National Front showing footage with passengers being forced to alight from London Transport Metropolitan MD53 in Lewisham in late 1970s due to march in street.

Coventry Transport Dude

There were lots of "NATIONAL EXPRESS WEST MIDLANDS" Buses on tonight's "CENTRAL NEWS", as well as some old archive footage showing some Birmingham Standards !  (Two of them i was able to identify as: JOJ 574 and JOJ 653 !).

Jack

Quote from: Coventry Transport Dude on November 09, 2017, 11:16:00 PM
There were lots of "NATIONAL EXPRESS WEST MIDLANDS" Buses on tonight's "CENTRAL NEWS", as well as some old archive footage showing some Birmingham Standards !  (Two of them i was able to identify as: JOJ 574 and JOJ 653 !).
Diamond 30821 was also seen working the 50.

D10

Preserved Eastern Counties Bristol VRT and archive footage from 1988 when one fell down a hole in Norwich!  :o

Sinkholes  :Buried Underground on channel 5.

JoNi

Two 9 branded Enviros stuck in traffic on Hagley Road on news.

Stuharris 6360

Article on Wythall Transport Museum on Made in Birmingham News tonight.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Mike K

Lots of footage of numerous YW and a few AG buses on 'Fighting for Air' with Dr Xand van Tulleken on BBC 2 tonight, which was about air pollution levels and focused on Kings Heath High Street. Included foootage inside Yardley Wood garage and an interview with a NXWM official.

JoNi

Lots of buses on local part of Sunday Politics and interview with boss of Green Bus in feature about the quality of air and what needs to be done.

Squiz1971

On the new series of Car SOS former Walsall short fleetline 119(L) is seen in the background of Fuzz's garage. Seen so far in the first 2 episodes looking good despite still needing a lot of work to bring her back to delivery condition

busboy31

Optare Solo is in Ready Player One

Jack

While watching 'Can't Pay? We'll Take It Away!' from 2014, shows some images of Cape Hill. 4522 was seen on the 87 and President on the 89.

Ally

A few NXWM vehicles and at least 1 WMT Scania featured on Britain's Most Evil Killers tonight, about Tracie Andrews murdering WMT driver Lee Harvey in 1996.
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk